Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

That's exactly the problem. Nedrow is a nice passer for a big guy, but it's not usual for your center to lead the team in assists. I wish the guy were a step faster because he has some nice footwork around the basket. He had some mismatches against Kutztown he used to good effect. Fite almost has to play the four veteran players for big minutes this year because of the odd makeup of this team, but it doesn't always leave them in their most logical spaces. Sleva is the blue collar player personified — I've loved watching him play all season. I think Johnson has been affected most by the absence of Biss and Hardy this season. Teams are clogging up the middle on us more due to the erratic three-point shooting (don't know when the last time it was I've seen three teams in a row in 2-3 zone sets against Ship) and his three-pointer hasn't been hitting as well as last year. This multi-game week will be a telling stretch.
    The EAST race has become very interesting. You Ship fans will (oddly) be cheering for IUP this weekend.

West Chester is certainly a wild card. Lock Haven and Shepherd are also still hanging around (and both dangerous).

--
    Shippensburg 9-2 11-6 W5
    East Stroudsburg 8-3 14-3 L2
    West Chester 7-4 12-5 W3
    Lock Haven 7-4 11-5 L2
    Shepherd 7-4 10-7 W3
    Millersville 6-5 9-8 W2
    Kutztown 5-6 5-11 L3
    Mansfield 3-8 4-11 L1
    Bloomsburg 0-11 0-15 L15

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The EAST race has become very interesting. You Ship fans will (oddly) be cheering for IUP this weekend.

West Chester is certainly a wild card. Lock Haven and Shepherd are also still hanging around (and both dangerous).

--
      Shippensburg 9-2 11-6 W5
      East Stroudsburg 8-3 14-3 L2
      West Chester 7-4 12-5 W3
      Lock Haven 7-4 11-5 L2
      Shepherd 7-4 10-7 W3
      Millersville 6-5 9-8 W2
      Kutztown 5-6 5-11 L3
      Mansfield 3-8 4-11 L1
      Bloomsburg 0-11 0-15 L15
      Hey, nothing odd about it as we definitely will be rooting for IUP to down East Stroud. All three Ship games this week are tough for us. Millersville has always been a big rivalry that's intensified the past few years, Shepherd is our I-81 neighbor, and the coach up at Lock Haven, a Shippensburg grad, always loves to give his alma mater fits. Then we follow that up with back-to-back games with East Stroudsburg and West Chester. We really haven't had an easy win in the division outside of Saturday against a depleted Kutztown team (pulled away from West Chester at the end), and I don't see it getting easier down the stretch. I'd certainly settle for 2-1 this week. We don't match up well with ESU. Who knows what West Chester will do from week to week?

Comment

• Looks like the Ship-Ville women will be playing before a packed house of about 6.

Unless they're packed in behind the player benches.

Comment

• Ariel Jones has broken two major records tonight. In the first half, she became the PSAC career scoring leader. Moments ago in the third quarter, she became the all-time Division II leader in free throws made.

Shippensburg up 54-50 on Millersville late in the third.

Comment

• Jones scores a career-high 51 points -- yep, another PSAC record -- in Shippensburg's 90-74 victory at Millersville. 51 points ... zero turnovers. 15-25 from the floor, 7-14 outside the arc. 14-14 at the line.

This was the signature game of a special player.
            Last edited by jrshooter; 01-23-2023, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Millersville men yak up a 17-point first-half lead, but hold on to best Ship 57-56 as Carlos Carter misses a peep at the buzzer. Dade leads the Ville with 15.

Comment

• Kutz and ESU tied
                2 mins left

Comment

• 82-78 ESU. Wild final two seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                    82-78 ESU. Wild final two seconds.
                    What the heck is going on with East Stroudsburg? Kutztown, for whatever reason, is missing the two guys that had been their leading scorers, Ship routed them with the greatest of ease Saturday, and the Warriors barely beat them. And of course then we have another in a growing series of gut-wrenching losses for Ship. The Raiders don't seem to be able to stand prosperity these last two season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                      Jones scores a career-high 51 points -- yep, another PSAC record -- in Shippensburg's 90-74 victory at Millersville. 51 points ... zero turnovers. 15-25 from the floor, 7-14 outside the arc. 14-14 at the line.

This was the signature game of a special player.
                      Well, when she's hot this year she's REALLY hot, that's for sure.

Comment

• ESU stages their largest comeback victory since 2005 as they beat Kutztown on the road last night. The East is a beast this year. There are ties for 1st, 3rd and 5th in the division. ESU hosts Lock Haven Wednesday before making the trip to the KCAC on Saturday! What a season so far?!?!

Comment

What the heck is going on with East Stroudsburg? Kutztown, for whatever reason, is missing the two guys that had been their leading scorers, Ship routed them with the greatest of ease Saturday, and the Warriors barely beat them. And of course then we have another in a growing series of gut-wrenching losses for Ship. The Raiders don't seem to be able to stand prosperity these last two season.
                          Will it say "barely" anywhere in the standings?? I don't think so...The East is a Beast!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Will it say "barely" anywhere in the standings?? I don't think so...The East is a Beast!
                            Kutztown is hardly a beast with several key players missing. I figured Stroud to walk all over them.

Comment

Kutztown is hardly a beast with several key players missing. I figured Stroud to walk all over them.
                              The East is a beast this year. You didn’t know?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The East is a beast this year. You didn’t know?
                                Hey, WL just lost to a then two-win Wheeling team. Survive and move along.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X