Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Hey, WL just lost to a then two-win Wheeling team. Survive and move along.
    Absolutely. We're in that ugly middle portion of the schedule where everyone is a little tired and a little banged up. And the conference teams know each other so well that even the bad ones can be a tough out on particular nights during this stretch. College kids can definitely take mental nights off when it's not playoff time. This portion of the season is always a grind. Take the W's where you get them. Take it from a head-scratching WLU fan right now: it's easy to take W's for granted when you're winning, but you really come to treasure them when you're not.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The East is a beast this year. You didn’t know?
      Outside of IUP, the East has done pretty well with the West this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The EAST is confusing this year.

I've watched a couple of Millersville's games and would have never (ever) thought Ship would lose to them last night. That just seemed like a perfect match-up for the Raiders.

Shepherd looks like world-beaters one night and very average the next.

Lock Haven has had some big wins and strange losses.

West Chester can play at an elite level or just take the night off.

Mansfield shows flashes but struggles to play a full 40 minutes.

Kutztown is scrappy and a tough out -- despite major injury problems (that seem to just keep getting worse).

Comment

I was taking a jab at a certain individual.

Comment

I've watched a couple of Millersville's games and would have never (ever) thought Ship would lose to them last night. That just seemed like a perfect match-up for the Raiders.

Kutztown is scrappy and a tough out -- despite major injury problems (that seem to just keep getting worse).
            It's been tough as a Ship fan the past couple of years. It's not that the team has been bad (21-9 last season and good at times this year), but some of the losses have just been hard to understand. I wonder if Fite's hair will have turned all gray by the end of the year. The Lock Haven loss last year still irritates me whenever I think of it, which I try not to do often.

I was not particularly surprised by the Millersville loss. We usually get into foulfests with them and don't have the depth to do that this year. Ship is not going to win many games when Carter and Johnson, who usually average over 30 points a game between them, combine for 18 (Johnson with three) as they did Monday. The good news to come out of the game was that some of the young players such as Denzel Figueroa and Trey Martin helped them get back into the game. If he works at it, Figueroa has the physical tools to become a Carter-type player over the next few years. Martin, as he adjusts to the college game (a long way up from the Mid-Penn Colonial Division) should be an excellent three-point sniper and all-around player.

Another offensive meltdown against Shepherd Wednesday would not be a good thing, with road trips to Lock Haven and East Stroudsburg to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I was taking a jab at a certain individual.
              Yeah, you guys do have quite a feud going.

Comment

It's been tough as a Ship fan the past couple of years. It's not that the team has been bad (21-9 last season and good at times this year), but some of the losses have just been hard to understand. I wonder if Fite's hair will have turned all gray by the end of the year. The Lock Haven loss last year still irritates me whenever I think of it, which I try not to do often.

I was not particularly surprised by the Millersville loss. We usually get into foulfests with them and don't have the depth to do that this year. Ship is not going to win many games when Carter and Johnson, who usually average over 30 points a game between them, combine for 18 (Johnson with three) as they did Monday. The good news to come out of the game was that some of the young players such as Denzel Figueroa and Trey Martin helped them get back into the game. If he works at it, Figueroa has the physical tools to become a Carter-type player over the next few years. Martin, as he adjusts to the college game (a long way up from the Mid-Penn Colonial Division) should be an excellent three-point sniper and all-around player.

Another offensive meltdown against Shepherd Wednesday would not be a good thing, with road trips to Lock Haven and East Stroudsburg to follow.
                This was my feeling, too, going into the Millersville game. And considering this club is not particularly better than the other upper-division teams in the East, I thought a game like this was bound to happen soon.

(But man, it was in Carter's fingertips ...)

Comment

There's no dominant team in the East right now...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

There's no dominant team in the East right now...
                    I still think your Warriors have the best overall talent I've seen in the East this season, but their last three games have been a struggle. Probably be our luck that they'll regain their touch against Ship.

Comment

I still think your Warriors have the best overall talent I've seen in the East this season, but their last three games have been a struggle. Probably be our luck that they'll regain their touch against Ship.
                      Nobody goes undefeated and every team will have a funk.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

This was my feeling, too, going into the Millersville game. And considering this club is not particularly better than the other upper-division teams in the East, I thought a game like this was bound to happen soon.

(But man, it was in Carter's fingertips ...)
                        The Gods have definitely been against us in those one-possession games the last couple of years. The classic continues to be Lock Haven last year where Ship would have one if it had hit 5-of-30 from the three-point line (4-of-30 didn't get it done) and shot over 50 percent from the FT line. With Biss and Hardy on that team, that was unbelievable.

Comment

Nobody goes undefeated and every team will have a funk.
                          If you guys get past this week, you have a decent shot at doing it for the regular season. Not every team has the ability to beat most opponents on off nights. IUP does this year. The biggest roadblock to steady achievement is the uncertain thought process of the college athlete's mind

Comment

• The only way Shippensburg's women don't score 100 tonight is if they stop themselves. Up 20-7 after six minutes, and Shepherd can't do a thing to stop it.

EDIT: It finished 92-52. Kristy Trn didn't sound particularly enthused in the postgame. But they got the job done, and got five points or more from eight of 13 players..
                            Last edited by jrshooter; 01-25-2023, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                              The only way Shippensburg's women don't score 100 tonight is if they stop themselves. Up 20-7 after six minutes, and Shepherd can't do a thing to stop it.

EDIT: It finished 92-52. Kristy Trn didn't sound particularly enthused in the postgame. But they got the job done, and got five points or more from eight of 13 players..
                              If she was pissed then she’s an A-hole. You just won by 40. Stfu

Comment

• Bloom gets first win of season over Kutztown. KU HC Bernie Driscoll handed Bloom HC Bess the game ball for his first win as the Huskie coach.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X