Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESU has to travel to IUP Saturday. Hopefully they shoot well at the KCAC...

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      Ship's up one game on ESU and LHU, up two games on West Chester and Millersville. Raiders visit Lock Haven on Saturday afternoon.
      Lock Haven is very legit, but where is the ESU team that came to Shippensburg a few weeks back? Every team has lulls during the season, but that's four in a row the Warriors have struggled. One point for Carlos Pepin? Lock Haven beat them at their own game most of the evening. Stroud better get it together before Saturday, or it will be very rough afternoon for them. Meanwhile, it's very obvious that Ship doesn't have an easy one on Saturday. Quite a thing going on in the East right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Lock Haven is very legit, but where is the ESU team that came to Shippensburg a few weeks back? Every team has lulls during the season, but that's four in a row the Warriors have struggled. One point for Carlos Pepin? Lock Haven beat them at their own game most of the evening. Stroud better get it together before Saturday, or it will be very rough afternoon for them. Meanwhile, it's very obvious that Ship doesn't have an easy one on Saturday. Quite a thing going on in the East right now.
        Strangest night at Koehler Fieldhouse last night. In the Women's game ESU's Ryan Weise went 0-12 from the floor. Then in the Men's game, Carlos Pepin goes 0-11 from the floor. Both are the leading scorers on their respective teams.Talk about shots not falling...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Strangest night at Koehler Fieldhouse last night. In the Women's game ESU's Ryan Weise went 0-12 from the floor. Then in the Men's game, Carlos Pepin goes 0-11 from the floor. Both are the leading scorers on their respective teams.Talk about shots not falling...
          Great. Now neither will miss tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Most of the other ESU shooters weren't lights-out either. When East Stroud is at its best, they are turning people over for easy buckets and raining down three-pointers. They created some turnovers last night, but LH was turning them over as well. Despite having a shorter bench, Lock Haven did not seem to tire out until toward the very end of the game, and they beat East Stroud to a lot of loose balls. They also shot well. The refs didn't call anything but very obvious fouls, which benefits the ESU press in a way, but also benefits a team such as Lock Haven because its stars don't go out on a cheap call.

Pepin seemed to get frustrated after a couple of his shots were blocked early and started to force things after that. Even so, I was surprised that Wilson had him off the floor for long stretches in the second half, especially after McAliley fouled out. It was hard to envision them coming back with those two guys off the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Great. Now neither will miss tomorrow.
              To beat IUP, they'll have to play at a lot higher level than they have been the past few games. Maybe they will come in fired up. Who knows this season?

Comment

Most of the other ESU shooters weren't lights-out either. When East Stroud is at its best, they are turning people over for easy buckets and raining down three-pointers. They created some turnovers last night, but LH was turning them over as well. Despite having a shorter bench, Lock Haven did not seem to tire out until toward the very end of the game, and they beat East Stroud to a lot of loose balls. They also shot well. The refs didn't call anything but very obvious fouls, which benefits the ESU press in a way, but also benefits a team such as Lock Haven because its stars don't go out on a cheap call.

Pepin seemed to get frustrated after a couple of his shots were blocked early and started to force things after that. Even so, I was surprised that Wilson had him off the floor for long stretches in the second half, especially after McAliley fouled out. It was hard to envision them coming back with those two guys off the floor.

Well, this Ship vs LH game just got a whole lot bigger -- both PSAC-wise and NCAA resume-wise.

Lock Haven has had a brutal week so far with the long trip to SRU (won in 2OT) and then the delayed trip to ESU. Playing at home in that awkward gym should help them some. Of course, kids this age recover very quickly.

There's a couple good games tomorrow. I wish they didn't all start at the same time.

Comment

To beat IUP, they'll have to play at a lot higher level than they have been the past few games. Maybe they will come in fired up. Who knows this season?

Slippery Rock (for some odd reason) pressing IUP for 40 minutes the other night was actually a nice warm-up for tomorrow. I know ESU's press is much stronger, but nonetheless.

I expect well over 3,000 in the KCAC tomorrow. It's going to be a big atmosphere. I almost wonder if ESU got caught looking ahead last night.

Comment

Well, this Ship vs LH game just got a whole lot bigger -- both PSAC-wise and NCAA resume-wise.

Lock Haven has had a brutal week so far with the long trip to SRU (won in 2OT) and then the delayed trip to ESU. Playing at home in that awkward gym should help them some. Of course, kids this age recover very quickly.

There's a couple good games tomorrow. I wish they didn't all start at the same time.
                    It'll be a big win for Ship if they can get it. They haven't played well in Lock Haven recently, and LH is better than usual this year. If the Bald Eagles play at anything like the level they did last night, it will be a tough game. Ship isn't out of the race with a loss, but a win coupled with a possible IUP win over ESU on Saturday could put them in a nice spot. Ship is a team with some flaws this year, and I certainly don't envision them going unbeaten over the second half of the East schedule. A cushion would be nice.

I don't know if rest will be a factor. Due to the snow delay, LH played more recently, but Ship had two grinding games as well, the crushing 56-55 loss to Millersville on Monday and a 68-66 grinder over Shepherd Wednesday. What is certain is that the sudden struggles of East Stroudsburg, which looked set to run away with the East just a couple of weeks back, have made the divisional race a lot more interesting.

Comment

• Kutztown men's basketball peaked from 2015-17. During those two seasons they put up a combined record of 49-11. This includes two trips to the NCAA postseason; one resulted in a regional runner up finish. Since the 2016-17 season their records have been, 21-7 (16-6); 16-14 (9-11); 11-17 (9-13); 9-19 (6-16); and 5-13 (5-8, still in progress). Each season the team seems to be slowly getting worse and worse. The roster anymore only has one or two decent players a season. Everyone else makes no impact on the court. The development of these guys doesn't seem to be there at all. Anytime I see Driscoll (head coach) on the sideline he seems like he's frustrated non-stop. His guys get constantly beat on the court and his gameplan doesn't seem to do much. Something needs to change for this program. At the rate this season is going; they might not even hit 9 wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
                        Kutztown men's basketball peaked from 2015-17. During those two seasons they put up a combined record of 49-11. This includes two trips to the NCAA postseason; one resulted in a regional runner up finish. Since the 2016-17 season their records have been, 21-7 (16-6); 16-14 (9-11); 11-17 (9-13); 9-19 (6-16); and 5-13 (5-8, still in progress). Each season the team seems to be slowly getting worse and worse. The roster anymore only has one or two decent players a season. Everyone else makes no impact on the court. The development of these guys doesn't seem to be there at all. Anytime I see Driscoll (head coach) on the sideline he seems like he's frustrated non-stop. His guys get constantly beat on the court and his gameplan doesn't seem to do much. Something needs to change for this program. At the rate this season is going; they might not even hit 9 wins.
                        They've invested so much in to Moe Williams and unfortunately he just can't stay healthy. They aren't bad this year without him but would look totally different with him. They are a feisty bunch to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
                          Kutztown men's basketball peaked from 2015-17. During those two seasons they put up a combined record of 49-11. This includes two trips to the NCAA postseason; one resulted in a regional runner up finish. Since the 2016-17 season their records have been, 21-7 (16-6); 16-14 (9-11); 11-17 (9-13); 9-19 (6-16); and 5-13 (5-8, still in progress). Each season the team seems to be slowly getting worse and worse. The roster anymore only has one or two decent players a season. Everyone else makes no impact on the court. The development of these guys doesn't seem to be there at all. Anytime I see Driscoll (head coach) on the sideline he seems like he's frustrated non-stop. His guys get constantly beat on the court and his gameplan doesn't seem to do much. Something needs to change for this program. At the rate this season is going; they might not even hit 9 wins.
                          I hear you, but Kutztown was not very good until Driscoll turned that program around. They never had a coach who went over .500 for his tenure, since Kutztown started keeping records, until Driscoll was hired in 2000.

Now talk about a program that fell to the bottom. Bloom didn't win a game in 20 years at Kutztown, since HC Chronister retired in 2002; he was the last coach to win there. Chronister left with a winning percentage of .667 after 31 years where Bloom was more of a basketball school than any other sport, except wrestling. Since his retirement, Bloom hasn't had a coach with a winning percentage near .500. I blame the AD for starters.

Comment

They've invested so much in to Moe Williams and unfortunately he just can't stay healthy. They aren't bad this year without him but would look totally different with him. They are a feisty bunch to play.
                            They seem to be missing several other players recently. They only had nine on the bench at Ship.

Comment

Slippery Rock (for some odd reason) pressing IUP for 40 minutes the other night was actually a nice warm-up for tomorrow. I know ESU's press is much stronger, but nonetheless.

I expect well over 3,000 in the KCAC tomorrow. It's going to be a big atmosphere. I almost wonder if ESU got caught looking ahead last night.
                              I think ESU is in a bigger funk than looking ahead to IUP. The Warriors have now lost three of their last four, and they easily could have lost four in a row if they didn’t squeak out that win over Kutztown. Indiana is hardly the town you want to stagger into when you’re a bit punch drunk as the Warriors are. They have to play IUP today, and then three teams that already beat them this season as well as a Shippensburg team that is much better now than when the teams met earlier. It’s not inconceivable that they end up with six or seven losses. If they lose in Indiana today, that will be losses in four out of their last five games.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think ESU is in a bigger funk than looking ahead to IUP. The Warriors have now lost three of their last four, and they easily could have lost four in a row if they didn’t squeak out that win over Kutztown. Indiana is hardly the town you want to stagger into when you’re a bit punch drunk as the Warriors are. They have to play IUP today, and then three teams that already beat them this season as well as a Shippensburg team that is much better now than when the teams met earlier. It’s not inconceivable that they end up with six or seven losses. If they lose in Indiana today, that will be losses in four out of their last five games.
                                I'm not sure Ship is that much better. Some of the Raiders' young players do seem to be more reliable as they get more minutes, which definitely helped in the win over Shepherd. East Stroudsburg has been playing noticeably worse than when they played at Ship. Part of it is that they match up better with Ship than they do against guard-oriented teams like West Chester and Lock Haven, but they also just haven't been shooting or executing at the same level. Carlos Pepin, last season's East Division Player of the Year, went scoreless in the first half against a depleted Kutztown team and scored 1 point against Lock Haven. Against Ship he had 30-plus points and looked all-world. It's been puzzling to watch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X