Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

I hear you, but Kutztown was not very good until Driscoll turned that program around. They never had a coach who went over .500 for his tenure, since Kutztown started keeping records, until Driscoll was hired in 2000.
    I get that, not many seasons when they finished above 500 before him. But these last 4 seasons the team seems to have hit a brick wall and they can't figure out any solutions to turn things around.

Comment

• Shippensburg has a surprising and rare comfortable visit to Clinton County. Lock Haven falls 72-61; the Bald Eagles worked their way back within five midway through the second half before the Raiders go on a 17-3 run. Carter with 22, Johnson 17, Sleva 9 points and 13 boards. Ship's now two full games up in the East, though five teams are within three.

The Ship women went from a 1-for-13 shooting start to a 30-point third quarter and cruised home, 70-59. In what's become a fairly typical game for Ariel Jones this season, she's just 9-for-27 from the floor but gets 27 points out of it.
      Last edited by jrshooter; 01-28-2023, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Rushed home to see end of ESU and Ship.

Not much to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Rushed home to see end of ESU and Ship.

Not much to see.
          Ship simply does not match up with ESU well this season. Not enough guard experience to handle the press nor enough hefty bigs to handle Pepin and McAliley. Could obviously understand the Warriors loss to IUP, but some of the others are puzzling. Makes Monday's game with West Chester a big one.

Comment

• I turned away from it early to watch the Ship pitching staff get ravaged in North Carolina.

All I can say is, I think the class of the East for 2022-23 is pretty clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              I turned away from it early to watch the Ship pitching staff get ravaged in North Carolina.

Don't count out those walk-ons in Philly.

Ship still has a game lead

Comment

I turned away from it early to watch the Ship pitching staff get ravaged in North Carolina.

Depends on who they're playing. Ship is basically playing a one-guard offense that is going to have trouble handling a decent full-court press and the depth isn't there to handle a foul fest. Teams that have more experienced depth at guard (IUP, Lock Haven, Shepherd, West Chester) have given the Warriors some problems.

Comment

• I think ESU hit a two-week funk from which they've snapped out. And if they're the same team that played in December, they're comfortably better than anyone else in the East.

Comment

I think ESU hit a two-week funk from which they've snapped out. And if they're the same team that played in December, they're comfortably better than anyone else in the East.
                    Maybe. I think a team with quick, experienced guards, something that Ship lacks this year, can give them trouble. And if you can beat their press, their half-court defense is not stellar.

Comment

• Updated Men's EAST Standings:

-
                      TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                      Shippensburg 11-4 13-8 L1
                      East Stroudsburg 11-5 17-5 W2
                      West Chester 11-5 16-6 W3
                      Lock Haven 11-5 15-6 W2
                      Millersville 11-5 14-8 W7
                      Shepherd 8-8 11-11 L2
                      Kutztown 5-10 5-15 L7
                      Mansfield 4-12 5-15 L4
                      Bloomsburg 1-15 1-19 L3

Comment

Updated Men's EAST Standings:

-
                        TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                        Shippensburg 11-4 13-8 L1
                        East Stroudsburg 11-5 17-5 W2
                        West Chester 11-5 16-6 W3
                        Lock Haven 11-5 15-6 W2
                        Millersville 11-5 14-8 W7
                        Shepherd 8-8 11-11 L2
                        Kutztown 5-10 5-15 L7
                        Mansfield 4-12 5-15 L4
                        Bloomsburg 1-15 1-19 L3
                        That might be the wildest standings table I've see in this league for a long time. Reflects that there's no great team in the East this year, but several teams that can be a tough out on a given night. Ship missing the bunny at the end of the Millersville game obviously could come back to haunt them. Shepherd, with a number of close losses, obviously could be better than 8-8. They're a good reason for wanting to get the bye in the opening round of the conference tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

That might be the wildest standings table I've see in this league for a long time. Reflects that there's no great team in the East this year, but several teams that can be a tough out on a given night. Ship missing the bunny at the end of the Millersville game obviously could come back to haunt them. Shepherd, with a number of close losses, obviously could be better than 8-8. They're a good reason for wanting to get the bye in the opening round of the conference tournament.
                          Even Kutztown, with all its injuries, has put some major scares in to people this year. A lot of is going to get sorted in the East this week during these three games.

Comment

Even Kutztown, with all its injuries, has put some major scares in to people this year. A lot of is going to get sorted in the East this week during these three games.
                            It's been fun, especially since IUP's dominance this year has made the West basically a matter of who gets second behind IUP.

Comment

• Not yet. IUP could lose twice this week.

Comment

Not yet. IUP could lose twice this week.
                                Tonight could be ugly! Hurst has had 5 days to prepare, rested and hungry.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X