Choke on your mic.
    Blow yourself, again.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Blow yourself, again.
      Slop fest!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I said they had a puncher's chance. There was little reason given their recent play to think they'd beat Millersville or that the Marauders would score 18 in the first half tonight. Millersville really laid an egg. Wish they'd played like that against Ship this year.
        That looked like the Millersville team IUP beat by 30+

Only thing that makes sense is they just totally looked past Lock Haven.

Your buddy Stitzel looked like he was going to go postal.

The interesting item here is if there will be any discipline issued for the post-game pushing and shoving. It was an ugly scene.

It was bush league by Lock Haven. There's no doubt about it.

Essentially the game was over. Lock Haven had to inbound the ball and was up like 8 points with 4 seconds or so left. Millersville pulled off and wasn't engaging on defense ... letting the clock go. Most teams in LH's situation dribble it out or hold it. Once they saw Millersville call it a day, they toss a 3-quarter court pass and the LH player does a thunder dunk. Then all hell broke loose. Millersville's bench emptied, etc. Perhaps they had some bad blood from earlier in the year and LH wanted to rub it in. They just better hope they don't have any players get suspended over the altercation.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That looked like the Millersville team IUP beat by 30+

Only thing that makes sense is they just totally looked past Lock Haven.

Your buddy Stitzel looked like he was going to go postal.

The interesting item here is if there will be any discipline issued for the post-game pushing and shoving. It was an ugly scene.

It was bush league by Lock Haven. There's no doubt about it.

Essentially the game was over. Lock Haven had to inbound the ball and was up like 8 points with 4 seconds or so left. Millersville pulled off and wasn't engaging on defense ... letting the clock go. Most teams in LH's situation dribble it out or hold it. Once they saw Millersville call it a day, they toss a 3-quarter court pass and the LH player does a thunder dunk. Then all hell broke loose. Millersville's bench emptied, etc. Perhaps they had some bad blood from earlier in the year and LH wanted to rub it in. They just better hope they don't have any players get suspended over the altercation.
          That was actually a typical Stitzel performance. How many times during the game was he actually ON the court jabbering at the officials and his players? I don't know why league refs let him get away with that stuff, but it really has to stop. Coaches' box, anyone? I agree that Lock Haven's dunk at the end was bush. That was Jayy Davis throwing it down, and he's a talker. He was going back and forth with East Stroud fans just about the whole game when they beat ESU up there earlier this season. That said, it often gets rough-house at Millersville games with Stitzel's antics and the Mauraders' very physical style of play. Nobody wants to lose a game, but Eastern teams REALLY don't like to lose to Millersville, and sometimes it shows.

Even the young Millersville broadcast team spent much of the game complaining about fouls (yeah, there were some bad calls), but Millersville got to the line quite a bit — and missed a lot of free throws.

I think they did overlook Lock Haven. They had beaten them up there and routed them at Millersville (by 26 points, I believe). There's a good deal of talent on that Lock Haven team.. Their bigs are mobile and defend the middle well, and look out if Davis or Eli Washington get hot from outside. I was of two minds about the outcome of the LH-Millersville game. It would have been nice to get another shot at Millersville, but Ship, especially if Sleva is still slowed up, probably matches better on paper with Lock Haven. That said, it's hard to beat a talented team like Lock Haven three times in a row — as Millersville found out.

Comment

• The word from press row at Heiges is that Sleva IS playing and starting tonight. Don't know how many minutes they'll get out of him, but any is welcomed.

Comment

• On the women's side.

Ship jumps up big early, gives it all back in the second quarter, and then gradually pulls away to oust Kutztown 72-55. Jones tosses in 23 in what might be her final game on the Heiges floor; Abbie Miller adds a career-high 20.

West Chester leads 67-33 after three quarters, coasts home to beat Millersville 76-61.

They nearly had a huge upset in the West, but Gannon makes the plays late and gets past UPJ 71-67.

Gannon will host the Final Four and meet Shippensburg on Saturday. West Chester draws Cal, a 70-62 winner over Edinboro..
              Last edited by jrshooter; 03-01-2023, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• No real surprises. IUP-East Stroudsburg at 1 p.m. Saturday, followed by Shippensburg -Mercyhurst at Ship's Heiges Field House. Hell of a twinbill.
                Last edited by jrshooter; 03-01-2023, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                  No real surprises. IUP-East Stroudsburg at 1 p.m. Saturday, followed by Shippensburg -Mercyhurst at Ship's Heiges Field House. Hell of a twinbill.
                  It is and because I have an engagement at 5:30 that I can't get out of, I won't be able to get up there for the Ship game. Dammit, I was hoping they'd get the 1 p.m. game, but I figured as host they'd probably get the second game. Tonight might have been the last time I see those guys play unless they can get past the Hurst on Saturday.

Nice game by Ship tonight. One of the few times year they grabbed control of a game relatively early and kept it. Sleva got some minutes in, but still looks far from 100 percent. Hope a couple more days will help. Crespo again provided a nice offensive burst in the first half. If Coach Fite can grab a couple of good recruits, we could be a little interesting next season.

Sucks that the women have to go to Erie.

Comment

• There was an ugly incident at the end of the ESU-WCU game. It looked like things got heated in the handshake line and then I couldn’t exactly tell but fans looked to get involved. There was a WCU player that people were attempting to hold who eventually got physical with somebody. Not sure who all was involved or what it might mean if WCU’s season continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                      There was an ugly incident at the end of the ESU-WCU game. It looked like things got heated in the handshake line and then I couldn’t exactly tell but fans looked to get involved. There was a WCU player that people were attempting to hold who eventually got physical with somebody. Not sure who all was involved or what it might mean if WCU’s season continues.

I continue to have have issues with the handshake lines. I don't like how the officials dart off the floor the second the final buzzer sounds. They should stand behind the line until it is cleared and then leave the court/field. The extra curricular crap almost always happens during this process -- rarely during the game.

What's funny, too, is it's usually started by the deep bench guys who don't even play. I wish coaches would just make the decision sometimes to skip the line. The one nice thing of the Covid era of games was they didn't have to go through that line.

I'll give Lombardi credit last night. If I was him I wouldn't have even shook Danny's hand after his direct actions last night.

I remember the IUP/Gannon brawl 5-6 years ago in football. That was the perfect example of a situation that could have been avoided by just sending your team to the locker room and skipping the handshake. The whole stadium knew it was coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                        There was an ugly incident at the end of the ESU-WCU game. It looked like things got heated in the handshake line and then I couldn’t exactly tell but fans looked to get involved. There was a WCU player that people were attempting to hold who eventually got physical with somebody. Not sure who all was involved or what it might mean if WCU’s season continues.
                        What an ugly scene. Did you notice in the video how long it took security/police to intervene? There could be more than a suspension coming ... likely criminal charges.

Steve Murray is going to have his hands full with this one.

Comment

I continue to have have issues with the handshake lines. I don't like how the officials dart off the floor the second the final buzzer sounds. They should stand behind the line until it is cleared and then leave the court/field. The extra curricular crap almost always happens during this process -- rarely during the game.

What's funny, too, is it's usually started by the deep bench guys who don't even play. I wish coaches would just make the decision sometimes to skip the line. The one nice thing of the Covid era of games was they didn't have to go through that line.

I'll give Lombardi credit last night. If I was him I wouldn't have even shook Danny's hand after his direct actions last night.

I remember the IUP/Gannon brawl 5-6 years ago in football. That was the perfect example of a situation that could have been avoided by just sending your team to the locker room and skipping the handshake. The whole stadium knew it was coming.
                          It was unfortunate. There were too many people on the court to see what actually happened from where I was sitting. That might be part of the problem. Fans not knowing how to act responsibly is a major issue that needs to be addressed. On Monday at ESU, a kid walked onto the court with a "package delivery" stunt, and no one reacted for at least 10 seconds. That kid never should have gotten close to the floor.
                          ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

It was unfortunate. There were too many people on the court to see what actually happened from where I was sitting. That might be part of the problem. Fans not knowing how to act responsibly is a major issue that needs to be addressed. On Monday at ESU, a kid walked onto the court with a "package delivery" stunt, and no one reacted for at least 10 seconds. That kid never should have gotten close to the floor.
                            ​​​
                            The scary thing is who knows what could be in that package. Luckily he was just trying to be funny (although it's clearly not). Some whack job could have a gun or who knows.

If you watch PSAC On Demand the whole incident from West Chester is on camera (for now). I'm sure that will be edited shortly as the PSAC typically quickly takes these events out.

The scary thing from the video is they couldn't get that incident resolved. In went on and on and then finally blew up. The one thing I hate about many of the older gyms in our league is the fans are entirely too close to the benches. It's definitely a safety concern.

Comment

The scary thing is who knows what could be in that package. Luckily he was just trying to be funny (although it's clearly not). Some whack job could have a gun or who knows.

If you watch PSAC On Demand the whole incident from West Chester is on camera (for now). I'm sure that will be edited shortly as the PSAC typically quickly takes these events out.

The scary thing from the video is they couldn't get that incident resolved. In went on and on and then finally blew up. The one thing I hate about many of the older gyms in our league is the fans are entirely too close to the benches. It's definitely a safety concern.
                              I don't pile on the refs as much as some on these boards do. Sure we all get flagrantly bad calls at times, but I find they tend to even out over the year. But one thing I do have a problem with is the game management of some of the crews. There seems to be more yammering and shoving going on during games this year than I remember. It's always been there, but with a "let 'em play" attitude prevalent in some of the games this year, it can quickly go off the rails. A few more technicals on certain occasions might be in order. One example is Millersville coach Casey Stitzel, who is almost constantly physically standing on the court during games, giving referees a dismissive wave every time a foul is called on his team, and just constantly kibitzing in general. He shoiuld get one warning to stay on the sideline during a game and needs to be T'd up if he doesn't comply. Some of the other coaches can be prima donnas, but he's the worst I see in the East. I don't think it's any accident that a lot of the games with Millersville tend to be physical brawlfests. That actually might have benefitted Ship Wednesday as I doubt Lock Haven was too fresh after their knock-down battle at the Millersville arena on Monday.

The refs also need to keep on eye on behavior when the ball is not in play (lining up for foul shots, etc.). I've seen a of extracurricular pushes and elbowing in those situations this season. That lights the fuse for bad blood later in the game.

Comment

Full video is still up there on the PSAC site. Around 2:16 on the stream.

Looked to me like Blair grades out around a D- minus as a peacemaker.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X