X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half

IUP 25
    Gannon 24

Won't name names but Tom continues to play a certain player who is contributing nothing to this team. I don't get it.

Comment

Are you in the building?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
        Are you in the building?
        Just in case you are here, Gary Manchel just walked in in case you want to say hi lol

Comment

Are you in the building?
          No ... couldn't find a soul to take the ride. The ride home alone is awful.

Beleive it or not ... asking non-D2 fans to drive to Erie to watch a D2 game ... isn't an easy sell. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Half

IUP 25
            Gannon 24

Won't name names but Tom continues to play a certain player who is contributing nothing to this team. I don't get it.
            I have seen this at other schools, more talent on the bench than on the court. It's a shame to waste good kids on the bench.

Comment

Just in case you are here, Gary Manchel just walked in in case you want to say hi lol
              Don't worry, I heckled him a bit and called him out for plopping his ass right behind the IUP bench!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't worry, I heckled him a bit and called him out for plopping his ass right behind the IUP bench!!!
                Gary puts the time in ... gotta give him that much. I was laughing Saturday when somebody said he's a season ticket holder at GU.

He should have asked Joe for a seat on the bench. Guest pass.

Comment

No ... couldn't find a soul to take the ride. The ride home alone is awful.

Beleive it or not ... asking non-D2 fans to drive to Erie to watch a D2 game ... isn't an easy sell. Lol
                  I'm all about chasing D2 games but I have to chase them in the opposite directions of you. hahaha

Comment

Dang ... somebody went on quite the Twitter rant on the IUP women's page today.

I'm 'assuming' this was pointed toward last years much-hyped freshmen class ... which, collectively, has seen its playing time turn in to a pumpkin the past 5-6 games.

I certainly saw this upheaval coming ... actually surprised it took so long.

Ever since the debacle of a win at District of Columbia (39-34), Tom has pretty much went with a straight 6-man rotation. One of the six, however, is having a pretty rough season.

As a 'loose' follower of the women's team, I really thought last year's class was going to be full of superstars. It may still turn out to be in the coming years. However, Tom essentially burying them deep down the bench mid-way through this season probably isn't a great sign.

Tom's job is to win games. That's the bottom line. He determines who plays and who doesn't. He's also won two straight regional titles and is currently 14-1. It's his show. But, when you have a rotation player really struggling -- and four hyped-up recruits riding pine -- this kind of stuff will surface ... even on probably the most drama-free team on the planet.

Comment

IUP ladies survive in Edinboro, 66-63.

Hawks nearly blew a 15 point, second half lead.

Comment

Dang ... somebody went on quite the Twitter rant on the IUP women's page today.
                        Was it Antonio Brown?

-

Comment

It was great to see former IUP player Monica Burns hacking it up on Saturday. 1-10FG, 0 assists, 7 points... Heck of a game! Cried that she wasn't starting as a freshman but I'm not even sure she'd come off the bench as a senior for IUP!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            It was great to see former IUP player Monica Burns hacking it up on Saturday. 1-10FG, 0 assists, 7 points... Heck of a game! Cried that she wasn't starting as a freshman but I'm not even sure she'd come off the bench as a senior for IUP!
                            Raja Fink, who many feel should be playing tremendously more minutes, really did a number on Burns defensively in that game. Raja got heavy minutes after Maria Cerro got three quick fouls. She came off the bench and scored 9 points and grabbed 7 boards -- and was a shutdown defender. She's a really physical player. Imposing, actually.

As Jess Strom said after, Cal just wore out down the stretch. They looked tired. The other thing I noticed live was once it was apparent IUP was taking control of the game, you saw a hesitancy from Cal on offense. It looked like nobody wanted to take the big shots.

Tom really, really coached a good game. They made excellent adjustments at halftime and found the weak links in that aggressive Cal defense. Lexi Griggs was fantastic minus the first 5 minutes.

The only thing I question with Tom is how he ever takes Courtney Alexander off the floor. He's using her as the '6th Man' this year but she may be the best overall player on the team. Likely not coincidental, they typically start in a hole against every good team. He then brings her in and they go on big runs.

Comment

IUP has an early lead but looks AWFUL ... 16 turnovers mid-way thru 2nd quarter.

The flu has hit the team. Star guard Justina Mascaro didn't make the trip. Maria Cerro also sick.

Comment

IUP committed 20 turnovers in the first half ... and have a lead.

TWENTY .... 20

IUP 26
                                UPJ 25

Half

As Jack says ... Man o day ...

People were yapping on Twitter why some aren't playing ... THIS is why.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X