Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom is the best women's coach IUP has ever had. He'll get it done soon! Joe loves the redshirt to much BUT his teams don't quit and will always be in the mix.

Comment

They talk about 'all in' years.

Trust me, ... next year is an 'all in' year for Joe.

Comment

For any of you IUP history buffs out there, Tom's win last night was IUP's 17th straight. The feat passes the 20-year-old record of 16 straight, which was accomplished in 1999-2000.

I believe the 99-00 team spent much of that year ranked No. 1 in the country. It was one of Sandy Thomas's best teams. One of the stars of that team was current IHS girls' coach Dave Woodall's daughter, Megan.

Further side note, this past summer IUP offered IHS sophomore-to-be Hope Cook. She drained (7) treys the other night in a win over Burrell. Not sure Tom will ultimately land her as her stock will continue to rise these next couple years. She's highly likely to draw D1 attention. The IHS girls also have a 6'3" freshman with an Ohio State offer.

Comment

Raja Fink is going insane.

Alexander started. No Cerro yet.

D'Anna had two fouls in first 15 seconds of game. Likely done for first half.

IUP up 23-15 with 8:21 left in second.

Comment

IUP 41
            Mercyhurst 26

Half

Comment

Tom needs to empty the bench. No need to risk injury.

Comment

Edinboro did Tom a big favor last night knocking off Gannon. That gave IUP a 3-game lead in the West with 7 games to play.

They still have to play at California and also host Gannon and Edinboro. Not over yet but I like their chances for a West title.

Tom's school record win streak grows with each win -- currently at 18 straight.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Edinboro did Tom a big favor last night knocking off Gannon. That gave IUP a 3-game lead in the West with 7 games to play.

They still have to play at California and also host Gannon and Edinboro. Not over yet but I like their chances for a West title.

Tom's school record win streak grows with each win -- currently at 18 straight.
                  Now let's see him close out the deal here the rest of the regular season and conference tourney and secure the right to host the region at IUP! Such a thing would really be great for the university as well as the community.

Has the KCAC ever played host to a region before? I want to say no.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Now let's see him close out the deal here the rest of the regular season and conference tourney and secure the right to host the region at IUP! Such a thing would really be great for the university as well as the community.

Has the KCAC ever played host to a region before? I want to say no.

-
                    LOL. Yeah. Last year.

Women's ... no. The KCAC has not hosted. They've won the past two region titles both on the road.

Comment

LOL. Yeah. Last year.
                      Okay, I do recall that now. Didn't work out so good. Interestingly I recall one coach saying some years back that they preferred to actually NOT host the region as it was a lot of added responsibility and distraction taken on by the home team and athletic department. Maybe there is logic to it and you are better to not host. It does make you wonder sometimes.

-

Comment

Okay, I do recall that now. Didn't work out so good. Interestingly I recall one coach saying some years back that they preferred to actually NOT host the region as it was a lot of added responsibility and distraction taken on by the home team and athletic department. Maybe there is logic to it and you are better to not host. It does make you wonder sometimes.

-
                        To be honest ... it typically falls over Spring Break so ... it's not some great homecourt advantage.

I've been told by some coaches they prefer to be on the road. Far less distractions, the team stays more focused, etc.

Add to it IUP is going to travel well regardless in the NCAAs.

Comment

To be honest ... it typically falls over Spring Break so ... it's not some great homecourt advantage.

I've been told by some coaches they prefer to be on the road. Far less distractions, the team stays more focused, etc.

Add to it IUP is going to travel well regardless in the NCAAs.
                          That's actually a great point. I recall being at the 2008 women's East Region at IUP (aka the infamous Mount Olive affair) and taking a walk through campus between games. Yup, completely dead as I discovered that it was indeed spring break. Yeah, not much of a student turnout at all. None whatsoever.

-

Comment

That's actually a great point. I recall being at the 2008 women's East Region at IUP (aka the infamous Mount Olive affair) and taking a walk through campus between games. Yup, completely dead as I discovered that it was indeed spring break. Yeah, not much of a student turnout at all. None whatsoever.

-

Comment

It was a day that I will never forget. One that will forever live in infamy.

March 14 is Mount Olive Day.

-

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X