Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Tom's top assistant took a new job. Jocelyn Floyd is headed to UNC-Wilmington.

The ladies' roster is also posted. Maria Cerro is listed so I guess the transfer rumors are officially squashed. Two new freshmen. Tom has a ton back.
    Cerro is there. Her picture is on their twitter page today working out.

Comment

• IUP got a commitment today from 5-7 PG Anna Kadlubek a rising senior at Slippery Rock High School. She is a jack of all trades type of player, very team oriented, averaged 12.4 ppg last season. As a three year starter, Anna has played a key role in the team making D10 5A championship game in each of her 3 seasons. Her high school coach is former SRU PG Amber (McFeely) Osborn.

Anna is also a standout in track and field. As a freshman placed 3rd in D10 in 100M and 200M dashes and set the school record in the 200M at 25.95 secs. As a Soph in 2019 she broke the 200M record again at 25.79 and made it to the state track meet in the 200M. Spring sports were suspended in 2020 so no times are available. Her father played collegiate basketball at UPJ

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
        IUP got a commitment today from 5-7 PG Anna Kadlubek a rising senior at Slippery Rock High School. She is a jack of all trades type of player, very team oriented, averaged 12.4 ppg last season. As a three year starter, Anna has played a key role in the team making D10 5A championship game in each of her 3 seasons. Her high school coach is former SRU PG Amber (McFeely) Osborn.

Anna is also a standout in track and field. As a freshman placed 3rd in D10 in 100M and 200M dashes and set the school record in the 200M at 25.95 secs. As a Soph in 2019 she broke the 200M record again at 25.79 and made it to the state track meet in the 200M. Spring sports were suspended in 2020 so no times are available. Her father played collegiate basketball at UPJ
        She's a solid player. Will be a good role player.

Comment

• Ladies No. 4 in national poll.

Men and Women both Top 5. Neither playing.

Comment

• Have a jar of pickles on table for Steelers tailgate. Noticed they are named Mt. Olive.

Sure enough they are made in Mt. Olive, NC.

Made me think of IUP CRIMSON HAWKS.

The darkest day in IUP women's hoops history.

Backstory: IUP was the No. 1 seed and regional host ... and got upset by 8 seed Mt. Olive in Round 1.

Infamous game in IUP history.

Comment

Have a jar of pickles on table for Steelers tailgate. Noticed they are named Mt. Olive.

Sure enough they are made in Mt. Olive, NC.

Made me think of IUP CRIMSON HAWKS.

The darkest day in IUP women's hoops history.

Backstory: IUP was the No. 1 seed and regional host ... and got upset by 8 seed Mt. Olive in Round 1.

Infamous game in IUP history.
              ICH hates that game!!!

Comment

• The crazy thing is we are exactly three months out from Mount Olive Day (March 14) as I am reading this. I think my tooth is starting to hurt again just hearing that name. I once thought it would be a cool tradition to mail out Mount Olive Day cards to all the players and coaches from that IUP team each year. But I need to shed my jerk image. And besides I already have enough people after me. LOL.

BTW----how did that Steelers tailgate work out? They have gone from 11-0 to possibly the worst team in football this side of the J-E-T-S. Darn injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                  The crazy thing is we are exactly three months out from Mount Olive Day (March 14) as I am reading this. I think my tooth is starting to hurt again just hearing that name. I once thought it would be a cool tradition to mail out Mount Olive Day cards to all the players and coaches from that IUP team each year. But I need to shed my jerk image. And besides I already have enough people after me. LOL.

BTW----how did that Steelers tailgate work out? They have gone from 11-0 to possibly the worst team in football this side of the J-E-T-S. Darn injuries.
                  That fancy catchprase 'Next Man Up' ... tanslates to you're screwed.

Comment

That fancy catchprase 'Next Man Up' ... tanslates to you're screwed.
                    I've gone from looking forward to the playoffs to studying the mock drafts and prospects for 2021.

Comment

I've gone from looking forward to the playoffs to studying the mock drafts and prospects for 2021.

They've lost two massive defensive pieces for the season with ACL's. Add to it Spilane and Haden being out. Running game is non-existent and no threat. Ben's arm is showing its age. Lately the WRs can't catch a cold.

Things can change but it sure doesn't look too hot right now.

All teams in every sport have bad stretches. It's a long season. But, it's not looking good.

Comment

They've lost two massive defensive pieces for the season with ACL's. Add to it Spilane and Haden being out. Running game is non-existent and no threat. Ben's arm is showing its age. Lately the WRs can't catch a cold.

All teams in every sport have bad stretches. It's a long season. But, it's not looking good.
                        I'm not sold that Ben's arm is aging, now his mobility yes. The true problem with the Steelers is the blocking both O-line and TE's. You can't hardly run or throw deeper routes when they just don't block. Play action, forget about that too. None of the TE's block. DeCastro is either aging in a hurry or hurt. Chuks doesn't run block, Feiler is better at tackle. Villanueva is just god awful. Dotson is a bull but can't pass block. Go watch the film. The short pass game is the only thing they can do until that line is fixed!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm not sold that Ben's arm is aging, now his mobility yes. The true problem with the Steelers is the blocking both O-line and TE's. You can't hardly run or throw deeper routes when they just don't block. Play action, forget about that too. None of the TE's block. DeCastro is either aging in a hurry or hurt. Chuks doesn't run block, Feiler is better at tackle. Villanueva is just god awful. Dotson is a bull but can't pass block. Go watch the film. The short pass game is the only thing they can do until that line is fixed!!!
                          Probably a pretty fair synopsis on the Steelers O-line. Too bad Wisnewski got nuked early on. Maybe the black and gold invest a high draft pick on the O-line next year. But they may have to use it on yet another member of the LB Corps. I wonder what the O-line coaching is like. I doubt this current line coach is any Mike Munchak.

Comment

Yeah, seasons often have their ebbs and flows. Take the SB title season of 2005 for example---the Stillers fell into an ugly three-game losing streak in late November and early December. It was looking very bleak that they would even qualify for the playoff derby. Well, they pulled it all together while winning out and got the help they needed. The rest was history.

The Stillers are still 11-2 which is a fantastic record to be honest. Need to rest up and replenish their ranks with some healthy players and defeat the Bengals.

Comment

Probably a pretty fair synopsis on the Steelers O-line. Too bad Wisnewski got nuked early on. Maybe the black and gold invest a high draft pick on the O-line next year. But they may have to use it on yet another member of the LB Corps. I wonder what the O-line coaching is like. I doubt this current line coach is any Mike Munchak.
                              Any other year I would guarantee they draft O-line early but this year is different. They have a ton of free agents after this season to try and sign to go with Ben's 41 million cap hit next year. It's going to be very interesting what they do this off season. This might be the last good run for a few years. Cleveland and Baltimore are definitely trending up with their rosters.

Free agents:
                              OL: Feiler, Villanueva, DeCastro (1 year left), Banner, Hawkins
                              WR: JuJu, McCloud
                              RB: Connor, Edmunds
                              QB: Ben (1 year left), Dobbs

DL: Alualu, Wormley
                              LB: Dupree, Ola, Williamson, Spilane,
                              CB: Sutton, Hilton
                              S: Allen, Dangerfield, Davis, Brooks

I only named mostly key cogs other than safety where it will be Fitz/Edmunds and that's it. No Depth!!! Could be a crazy offseason!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Any other year I would guarantee they draft O-line early but this year is different. They have a ton of free agents after this season to try and sign to go with Ben's 41 million cap hit next year. It's going to be very interesting what they do this off season. This might be the last good run for a few years. Cleveland and Baltimore are definitely trending up with their rosters.

Free agents:
                                OL: Feiler, Villanueva, DeCastro (1 year left), Banner, Hawkins
                                WR: JuJu, McCloud
                                RB: Connor, Edmunds
                                QB: Ben (1 year left), Dobbs

DL: Alualu, Wormley
                                LB: Dupree, Ola, Williamson, Spilane,
                                CB: Sutton, Hilton
                                S: Allen, Dangerfield, Davis, Brooks

I only named mostly key cogs other than safety where it will be Fitz/Edmunds and that's it. No Depth!!! Could be a crazy offseason!
                                Wow! I knew they had some major offseason front office work in front of them (see post I just made in the PSAC football forum) but this is going to be real tricky here. Of the names you mentioned on the list I would probably be most concerned with JuJu, Dupree, Spillane, Alualu, and maybe Sutton and Hilton.

I would assume that such studs as Watt and Fitz will up for contracts soon as well. That would be major money to sign them.

The Stillers might want to take a look and kick the tires on guys like Darnold and Wentz who both appear to be heading out of town for a QB audition. But Wentz's contract would likely preclude a trade being made.

I would make an offer to Detroit ILB Jarrad Davis as a UFA in the offseason. I was high on him coming out of Florida. He didn't do so well with the Lions, but who really does?

The Stillers did make some hay in recent years in going after other teams players. Nelson (Chiefs) and Haden (Browns) are probably the best CB tandem we have had in recent years. Ebron (Lions) as much as he can do wrong at times is their best TE since the days of Heath Miller.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X