X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Big one this Saturday.

Shepherd (9-0) at IUP (9-0).
    Should be a great one! Will be interesting to compare scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Should be a great one! Will be interesting to compare scores.
      Jury is still out on this IUP ladies' team. Yes, they are 9-0, but, I'm not sure they've really been challenged much yet.

I'm interested to see how they do Saturday against a team that can punch back.

Tom's teams are typically extremely clean with the ball, etc. This group seems to have long stretches of really sloppy play. They've been dominating two quarters a game and looking pretty average the other two quarters.

Most teams tend to get sloppy in blowouts and just about every game so far has been a runaway. But, again, the competition hasn't been too hot.

I don't follow them too closely other than reading the recaps and looking at the boxscore. I may have to check this one out Saturday ... 9-0 vs 9-0 is a cool match-up.

Comment

• Tom lost 67-58 ... and it wasn't nearly as close as the final score.

Rams are really good. Great PG. Great Forward. And, IUP couldn't hit the side of a barn most of the day.

Comment

• The ladies had a nice bounce back yesterday. Courtney Alexander set a new school record with (9) treys.

Comment

• The IUP ladies' next (4) games are now PPD.

Comment

• Word is IUP has suspended all basketball activities (women's) for the next 14 days. No games. No practices.

Comment

Word is IUP has suspended all basketball activities (women's) for the next 14 days. No games. No practices.

Comment

Word is IUP has suspended all basketball activities (women's) for the next 14 days. No games. No practices.
                  Since I assumed that the postponement of the Wed game at CAL was a VULCANS issue, does this decision indicate that the choice was at IUP's request? I haven't heard of any pause beyond Wed for CAL, but their SID is notoriously bad at dispensing .......sports information.

Comment

• IUP shut down all basketball activity for 14 days due to Covid protocols. That long of a shutdown would sure seem to mean they had quite the outbreak.

Tom's going to go (as of now) from Dec. 19 to Jan. 15 without a game. That's an incredibly long time away mid-season.

The only thing they can probably do during this stretch is have Zoom meetings.

And, most importantly, this assumes all recover fully.

Assuming the ladies do all come back healthy (and clear protocols), their first game back is against Gannon. That's not going to be easy coming off that long away.

Comment

• Tom has added a mid-year player (from the Volleyball program). Grace Mangapora was a 1,000-point scorer at Canfield High (Ohio) ... averaged 16 ppg as a senior. She will have freshman eligibility in basketball.

Comment

Tom has added a mid-year player (from the Volleyball program). Grace Mangapora was a 1,000-point scorer at Canfield High (Ohio) ... averaged 16 ppg as a senior. She will have freshman eligibility in basketball.
                        Easy addition! Must need anyone body with all this Covid garbage!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Easy addition! Must need anyone body with all this Covid garbage!
                          I have fears there could be more bad news coming. For as close of proximity as the men's and women's teams are to each other ...

Comment

I have fears there could be more bad news coming. For as close of proximity as the men's and women's teams are to each other ...

Comment

• Sounds like Courtney Alexander will be out until early FEB with a wrist injury.

Joe and Tom need to do some moon dance or something down there and appease the Injury Gods.

Comment

• Tom best pray Courtney Alexander is back soon. They got hammered tonight. They made it look closer than it was at the end.

The offense isn't pretty. There's no outside threat. Courtney is such a sniper it opens the whole floor. They look a little lost without her.

They may not beat SH with her, but it will surely help.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X