Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Mazzante back would be awesome for the program...Couldn't see Katarski leaving but Seton Hill Assistant Maeve Gallagher is great and think would be good for the program

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkTakesFlight54 View Post
      Getting Mazzante back would be awesome for the program...Couldn't see Katarski leaving but Seton Hill Assistant Maeve Gallagher is great and think would be good for the program
      Never know. Money talks.

Seton Hill salaries are private but I'd guess IUP could offer a significant raise (and a solid pension, resources, KCAC, etc.).

I like that guy a lot.

I'd also love to chase the Wheeler lady at Edinboro but she's basically royalty there. I doubt she'd leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd also love to chase the Wheeler lady at Edinboro but she's basically royalty there. I doubt she'd leave.
        Actually, since taking over from Stan Swank, Callie Wheeler's Scots have gradually begun a slow slide in the wrong direction, topped off by a 14-12 record in '21-'22. Don't believe she's the answer but at this late date, the C'HAWKS may need to take what's available.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Actually, since taking over from Stan Swank, Callie Wheeler's Scots have gradually begun a slow slide in the wrong direction, topped off by a 14-12 record in '21-'22. Don't believe she's the answer but at this late date, the C'HAWKS may need to take what's available.
          She has half the scholarships Swank had. Similar situation for Cleary on the men's side. Both also lost full-time assistants and GA positions. Edinboro's athletic fundraising has been abysmal for years. It used to be you could have a meet & greet with Bruce and Erie rubes would show up in hoards. The admin who ran the sports memorabilia show that would regularly have Steelers signing autographs retired and nobody picked up that event. Bruce also would use his celeb connections to get a Super Bowl package and raffle that off. Plus Edinboro for years payed someone with Director of Athletic Development title who doubtfully raised his salary each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

She has half the scholarships Swank had. Similar situation for Cleary on the men's side. Both also lost full-time assistants and GA positions. Edinboro's athletic fundraising has been abysmal for years. It used to be you could have a meet & greet with Bruce and Erie rubes would show up in hoards. The admin who ran the sports memorabilia show that would regularly have Steelers signing autographs retired and nobody picked up that event. Bruce also would use his celeb connections to get a Super Bowl package and raffle that off. Plus Edinboro for years payed someone with Director of Athletic Development title who doubtfully raised his salary each year.

Comment

That's the item most casual fans don't realize about the PSAC. Things are far from equal. We have the Yankees and the Pirates within the same division.

The PSAC has a lot of really good coaches stuck dealing with poverty levels. Would Joe Lombardi dominate at Clarion the way he has at IUP?

As for the IUP women's situation, well, they were looking at a down year with or without Tom. But, because of the money, the new person will (should) be able to rebuild things pretty quickly.

Their best returning player plays for California now. I know they were lobbying for an extra year for Justina Mascaro, but I haven't heard if she got it or not. Whomever gets this job will have an incredibly young team this year.

Comment

• Both sides were in the wrong. The volleyball coach was on a vendetta - but Bruce set himself up for the lawsuit by a) putting a non-revenue sport in "tier 1" status, and b) refusing to award her the pay raise both internal and external mediators believed she was due. Now they have a volleyball coach making as much as the football coach - and that volleyball coach also has a nice savings account from the settlement.

Comment

Both sides were in the wrong. The volleyball coach was on a vendetta - but Bruce set himself up for the lawsuit by a) putting a non-revenue sport in "tier 1" status, and b) refusing to award her the pay raise both internal and external mediators believed she was due. Now they have a volleyball coach making as much as the football coach - and that volleyball coach also has a nice savings account from the settlement.
                  I think Bruce had too much power and not enough oversight. I wouldn't blame the VB coach because she just exposed the whole situation but I would blame EUP for allowing it to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think Bruce had too much power and not enough oversight. I wouldn't blame the VB coach because she just exposed the whole situation but I would blame EUP for allowing it to happen.
                    100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Whatever your opinions are, now that the Bruce regime is gone the Boro Athletic department is a dumpster fire!

Comment

Never know. Money talks.

Seton Hill salaries are private but I'd guess IUP could offer a significant raise (and a solid pension, resources, KCAC, etc.).

I like that guy a lot.

Regarding Seton Hill salaries, the Seton Hill cross country & track head coach just took an assistant job at Slippery Rock. That says something.

Comment

• They should be getting close to naming Tom's replacement.

Comment

• Any word on Tom's replacement?

Comment

Any word on Tom's replacement?
                              Who's running preseason workouts ?? Any chance an interim HC will be in charge while the search goes on for top notch? From what's been said this sounds like a down year talent wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Who's running preseason workouts ?? Any chance an interim HC will be in charge while the search goes on for top notch? From what's been said this sounds like a down year talent wise.
                                Not sure. I don't follow the program too closely. Tom had two assistants. Being he didn't leave for another job and take his staff, I assume they are still there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X