X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by gman16506 View Post

Just read a post dated March 20, 2024 on X by a guy named Bob Greenburg who states that Lydia Miller is a IUP commit. FWIW as I have no idea if Greenburg is creditable source or not.
    I break Greenburgs balls on the X all the time but he is actually a well respected creditable source.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Yeah, I went and checked it out. He seems a credible source and his coverage of high school sports is pretty good. We’ll find out soon enough.
    That would be big for her, too. Rumor was she was leaning toward UPJ. Playing in that gym in front of 9 people for four years would be miserable.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Again...FWIW:

MORE PIAA: Marion Center’s top player is Lydia Miller. Lydia is a 5’7 IUP commit who is averaging 14 ppg and has scored over 1000 points for her career. She is the niece of Head Coach Amy Trimble

As posted by Bob Greenberg.
    Yeah, I went and checked it out. He seems a credible source and his coverage of high school sports is pretty good. We’ll find out soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• gman16506
    replied

That would make my day. She’s an absolute warrior on the court and class act off it. I grew up with her parents and know the family well. The kid was taking IVs last week just to be able to get on the court due to illness and then proceeded to be the best player on the court in both games. She’s an elite defender with lightning fast hands and long arms.

Fingers crossed that this is legit because as recently as Monday I was told otherwise. Maybe Coach Carey and company got a look at what was happening during the state playoff run and decided it’s best not to let her out of the county!
    Again...FWIW:

MORE PIAA: Marion Center’s top player is Lydia Miller. Lydia is a 5’7 IUP commit who is averaging 14 ppg and has scored over 1000 points for her career. She is the niece of Head Coach Amy Trimble

As posted by Bob Greenberg.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That would be great but is certainly news to me.
    That would make my day. She’s an absolute warrior on the court and class act off it. I grew up with her parents and know the family well. The kid was taking IVs last week just to be able to get on the court due to illness and then proceeded to be the best player on the court in both games. She’s an elite defender with lightning fast hands and long arms.

Fingers crossed that this is legit because as recently as Monday I was told otherwise. Maybe Coach Carey and company got a look at what was happening during the state playoff run and decided it’s best not to let her out of the county!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Just read a post dated March 20, 2024 on X by a guy named Bob Greenburg who states that Lydia Miller is a IUP commit. FWIW as I have no idea if Greenburg is creditable source or not.
    That would be great but is certainly news to me.

Leave a comment:

• gman16506
    replied

It would be unimaginable for Carey not to recruit Lydia Miller from Marion Center - on so many levels.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

What happened was Allison Seanor (later a starter on the Harvard team that beat Stanford in the 1-16 game a couple years later) hit a two inside the key at the buzzer and was fouled, but the ref waived it off. There is photo evidence that they got the call wrong but instead of an and-one with a free throw to go to Hershey, the game was over. In fairness to the refs, that was before backboard lights. Allison was at the game today. She was a couple years behind me in school.

A lot of people forget that the year before MC’s Denise Bence (later at St. Francis) hit a shot to take a two point lead with about 20 seconds left and was fouled…we thought. The ref instead called an offensive foul and took away the basket and Cranberry ended up scoring with a few seconds left to win. Back-to-back years of devastating losses, and now this. For those of us who have been through all of that, it would have been especially nice to finish it off today.
    It would be unimaginable for Carey not to recruit Lydia Miller from Marion Center - on so many levels.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

MC lost the game 30-ish years ago inside Tippin if memory serves. Didn't they hit a walk-off trey that was waived off at the buzzer?
    What happened was Allison Seanor (later a starter on the Harvard team that beat Stanford in the 1-16 game a couple years later) hit a two inside the key at the buzzer and was fouled, but the ref waived it off. There is photo evidence that they got the call wrong but instead of an and-one with a free throw to go to Hershey, the game was over. In fairness to the refs, that was before backboard lights. Allison was at the game today. She was a couple years behind me in school.

A lot of people forget that the year before MC’s Denise Bence (later at St. Francis) hit a shot to take a two point lead with about 20 seconds left and was fouled…we thought. The ref instead called an offensive foul and took away the basket and Cranberry ended up scoring with a few seconds left to win. Back-to-back years of devastating losses, and now this. For those of us who have been through all of that, it would have been especially nice to finish it off today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I can assure you that being there to witness it was far worse, especially for someone who was along for the ride with the 92’ and 93’ teams that lost in similar fashion to the eventual state champions. While it’s hard to take too many positives when you feel awful, there were some.

Kennedy Catholic is the defending state champion and hasn’t lost to a public school in more than two years. They destroyed Bishop McCort and Greensburg Central Catholic in the state playoffs. Their girls come from all over the place including Cleveland, and they had every advantage over Marion Center. This team came in with 5-6 coaches, a full team of managers, and who knows what else. Despite all that, the Lady Stingers from tiny Marion Center not only went toe to toe with them, they really should have won it. The missed free throws followed by a couple awful calls cost them. Lydia Miller was awesome once again. I’m sure she’d like to have the free throws back, but I don’t think she had a turnover and she was a beast on the defensive end. The Kennedy guards got a lot of press coming in but Miller was better than all of them. Kennedy averages around 70 per game and the Stingers held them to 42. David damned near slayed Goliath today, but it’s heartbreak again for MC.

I’ll once again advocate for IUP to do everything they can to land Lydia Miller. She’s simply OUTSTANDING in about 20 ways and is right in the back yard! The rumor is UPJ is the possible destination but nothing is official.
    MC lost the game 30-ish years ago inside Tippin if memory serves. Didn't they hit a walk-off trey that was waived off at the buzzer?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Feel terrible. What a horrific last 30 seconds.

They were up a point and then missed two FTs. They then got hammered with an awful blocking foul that was clearly a charge.
    I can assure you that being there to witness it was far worse, especially for someone who was along for the ride with the 92’ and 93’ teams that lost in similar fashion to the eventual state champions. While it’s hard to take too many positives when you feel awful, there were some.

Kennedy Catholic is the defending state champion and hasn’t lost to a public school in more than two years. They destroyed Bishop McCort and Greensburg Central Catholic in the state playoffs. Their girls come from all over the place including Cleveland, and they had every advantage over Marion Center. This team came in with 5-6 coaches, a full team of managers, and who knows what else. Despite all that, the Lady Stingers from tiny Marion Center not only went toe to toe with them, they really should have won it. The missed free throws followed by a couple awful calls cost them. Lydia Miller was awesome once again. I’m sure she’d like to have the free throws back, but I don’t think she had a turnover and she was a beast on the defensive end. The Kennedy guards got a lot of press coming in but Miller was better than all of them. Kennedy averages around 70 per game and the Stingers held them to 42. David damned near slayed Goliath today, but it’s heartbreak again for MC.

I’ll once again advocate for IUP to do everything they can to land Lydia Miller. She’s simply OUTSTANDING in about 20 ways and is right in the back yard! The rumor is UPJ is the possible destination but nothing is official.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Marion Center girls lost by 2 in the state championship game to Kennedy Catholic
    Feel terrible. What a horrific last 30 seconds.

They were up a point and then missed two FTs. They then got hammered with an awful blocking foul that was clearly a charge.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Marion Center girls lost by 2 in the state championship game to Kennedy Catholic

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    No excuse to be up big then get blown out!
    A mind-boggling, whopping 29 turnovers won't win many games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    If Carey lets Lydia Miller leave Indiana County he should be fired. Not joking.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X