X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What the heck ever happened to Murphy's?
    Oldie but goodie there

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That place was rocking back then. It's off the beaten path but a lot of IUP students used to hangout there in that era. Aside from the wings they always had good bands, etc.

My group used to always go to the Rose Inn or Brown Hotel when we wanted to get away from the Philly Street circus.

It's funny for as many places in or near Indiana that sell wings, finding good ones isn't easy. I like Coney's but need a home equity loan to buy a dozen. Lol.
    What the heck ever happened to Murphy's?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I have it on good authority that the wings there are back to being as good as the originals from the early 90’s. Now that’s critical information for this board!
    That place was rocking back then. It's off the beaten path but a lot of IUP students used to hangout there in that era. Aside from the wings they always had good bands, etc.

My group used to always go to the Rose Inn or Brown Hotel when we wanted to get away from the Philly Street circus.

It's funny for as many places in or near Indiana that sell wings, finding good ones isn't easy. I like Coney's but need a home equity loan to buy a dozen. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Big watch party at Rayne Drop 2. Lol
    I have it on good authority that the wings there are back to being as good as the originals from the early 90’s. Now that’s critical information for this board!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I didn’t see him but there were close to 2,000 there, LOL. Lydia Miller was the best player on the floor again. Get her an IUP uniform now! What’s crazy is her little sister is a freshman starter and is probably going to be even better. She was dominant at times against a full group of seniors. Portage starts five seniors and Marion Center starts just two and relies on three freshman to contribute a lot. They were just tougher than the Mustangs and crushed them on the boards. Coach Amy Miller and former MC and IUP player won two District 6 titles as a player and now one as a coach.

Now we go into the public vs private charade per usual this time of year. The bracket is loaded with private schools…plenty to have their own tournament. Marion Center plays Winchester Thurston out of the WPIAL in the first round of the state tournament. To go to Winchester Thurston in high school, it’s $37,300/yr. How many of those girls do you think actually live in the “district?” Meanwhile the Stingers will take their girls that grew up in Creekside, Home, Tanoma, and Marion Center.
    Big watch party at Rayne Drop 2. Lol

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Marion Center won again tonight.

Hopefully Craig Carey was at the game.
    I didn’t see him but there were close to 2,000 there, LOL. Lydia Miller was the best player on the floor again. Get her an IUP uniform now! What’s crazy is her little sister is a freshman starter and is probably going to be even better. She was dominant at times against a full group of seniors. Portage starts five seniors and Marion Center starts just two and relies on three freshman to contribute a lot. They were just tougher than the Mustangs and crushed them on the boards. Coach Amy Miller and former MC and IUP player won two District 6 titles as a player and now one as a coach.

Now we go into the public vs private charade per usual this time of year. The bracket is loaded with private schools…plenty to have their own tournament. Marion Center plays Winchester Thurston out of the WPIAL in the first round of the state tournament. To go to Winchester Thurston in high school, it’s $37,300/yr. How many of those girls do you think actually live in the “district?” Meanwhile the Stingers will take their girls that grew up in Creekside, Home, Tanoma, and Marion Center.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Marion Center won again tonight.

Hopefully Craig Carey was at the game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

They got what they deserved. Not sure why Henderson gave up the ball there. She had open looks at the top of the circle and instead decided to dribble into trouble. That left poor Maria with no options but to throw up a prayer. Regardless, it should have never come to that.

This is totally on the players. They didn’t show up in the second half and got completely out hustled. I’d rather watch Macie work hard and hustle despite her height discrepancy underneath than watch Grace stand there like a statue. She’s a huge liability on the glass, especially without Preston being available. They’re still going to finish second in the West but if they lose their first PSAC tournament game there’s no guarantee they’re going dancing. Even if they do, they’re a one and done.

Cal wanted it more and they deserved to win.
    They (some MUCH more than others) need to toughen up.
    ​​​​​​
    They (some MUCH more than others) looked soft last night.

I don't think I really need to name any names. It's pretty obvious.

There's a very good chance those two play again next week.

What a strange game. IUP dominated the first half (up 15 at the break) and Cal completely dominated the second half.

Carey was again too slow on the timeouts, and his lack of adjustments in-game was at a rookie level.

Preston's absence (especially her physical toughness) was drastically missed last night.

The last play (shot to win) was really bad. I thought several IUP starters played extremely sloppy.

Hopefully they got that out of their systems.

I think one IUP forward in particular has to accept she's a post player and not a guard. Their rebounding in the second half was horrendous. Carey even said after the game he thought their effort was poor.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    What an embarrassing second half.

They deserve to lose.
    They got what they deserved. Not sure why Henderson gave up the ball there. She had open looks at the top of the circle and instead decided to dribble into trouble. That left poor Maria with no options but to throw up a prayer. Regardless, it should have never come to that.

This is totally on the players. They didn’t show up in the second half and got completely out hustled. I’d rather watch Macie work hard and hustle despite her height discrepancy underneath than watch Grace stand there like a statue. She’s a huge liability on the glass, especially without Preston being available. They’re still going to finish second in the West but if they lose their first PSAC tournament game there’s no guarantee they’re going dancing. Even if they do, they’re a one and done.

Cal wanted it more and they deserved to win.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    What an embarrassing second half.

They deserve to lose.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    IUP is dragging ... and getting eaten alive inside.
    This is totally on the ladies. They quit moving and thought they could just coast to the easy win. Credit to Cal for not giving up and playing hard. IUP getting beat to every loose ball, giving up offensive boards, and being lazy on offense.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP is dragging ... and getting eaten alive inside.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Ugly third quarter ... took the foot off the gas.

Carey is learning too many Joe habits.

They both refuse to call timeouts to stop a surge.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Great first half for the ladies. I wouldn’t have predicted being up 15 but really, I think they’re just a bit better than Cal. Cal also isn’t built to come from behind with their pretty poor shooting percentage. IUP’s athleticism is hard to keep pace with.

Preston still in street clothes but seems to be walking without a limp. This team is as good as anyone if she’s in the lineup.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    For being a huge game, there may be 12 people in the Angelo Dome 13 minutes before opening tip.
    Amazingly empty.

Grace…ugh!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X