Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It appears Weaver is out again tonight. Obviously Preston is out.

That leaves one post player on the roster. Not good.

Edit: cancel that thankfully. She just came out very late.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-07-2024, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    That's really unfortunate for IUP. Preston is a difference maker and his rotation was not only limited but not always the most logical to me. One thing Hurst has is size and Preston was critical in that blowout win that started to sink Hursts season imo.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Correct. I forgot Benito.
    Not that she ever really gets on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm counting 8... am I missing something?
    Baughman, Cerro, Henderson, Centrulla, Benito, Jarrett, Weaver, Scott
    Correct. I forgot Benito.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

There are no players redshirting. All their depth was lost when the four players quit in November -- allegedly because they all saw the writing on the wall of riding pine all season. Two of them found homes as mid-year transfers. The other two are still at IUP.

I think that puts them down to 7 players (not 8). Both reserves are guards. Carey may have to pull a Joe and convert Macey to forward.
    I'm counting 8... am I missing something?
    Baughman, Cerro, Henderson, Centrulla, Benito, Jarrett, Weaver, Scott

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Apparently Preston is out, I’m assuming for the season. The Gazette in the preview of tonight’s game slipped in “The Crimson Hawks have won four straight games and 11 of their past 13 but lost starting forward Teirra Preston to a knee injury in their previous outing.” If that’s the case that’s the likely end to any chance they had to make a run. That will make Weaver the full-time starter but now this is a team that has just eight players. It’s going to look even more awkward than it already did in warmups. Preston was the type of player that could put up 20+ on a given night but what she really brought was toughness and an uncanny ability to run the floor well for a forward. What a shame.

Central Michigan had to cancel a women’s game last week due to lack of players. That’s astonishing, but another lost player and IUP is going to be dangerously close to being in the same boat. Do they even have a redshirt they could dress?
    There are no players redshirting. All their depth was lost when the four players quit in November -- allegedly because they all saw the writing on the wall of riding pine all season. Two of them found homes as mid-year transfers. The other two are still at IUP.

I think that puts them down to 7 players (not 8). Both reserves are guards. Carey may have to pull a Joe and convert Macey to forward.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Apparently Preston is out, I’m assuming for the season. The Gazette in the preview of tonight’s game slipped in “The Crimson Hawks have won four straight games and 11 of their past 13 but lost starting forward Teirra Preston to a knee injury in their previous outing.” If that’s the case that’s the likely end to any chance they had to make a run. That will make Weaver the full-time starter but now this is a team that has just eight players. It’s going to look even more awkward than it already did in warmups. Preston was the type of player that could put up 20+ on a given night but what she really brought was toughness and an uncanny ability to run the floor well for a forward. What a shame.

Central Michigan had to cancel a women’s game last week due to lack of players. That’s astonishing, but another lost player and IUP is going to be dangerously close to being in the same boat. Do they even have a redshirt they could dress?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Neither Weaver or Preston played last night so IUP played with (6) dressed players (with only one post player).

Hopefully it's nothing serious. Lucky to win.
    Preston played the first half. Weaver was sick and Preston’s injury didn’t look too serious but I’m sure they’ll learn more today. The good news is they have a week off to get healthy before playing Hurst and Gannon back-to-back. It does show how quickly they can be depleted with just a couple of the ladies out.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Neither Weaver or Preston played last night so IUP played with (6) dressed players (with only one post player).

Hopefully it's nothing serious. Lucky to win.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    Yep, you watch both Clarion and SRU against the top of the division in iup and Gannon, then show records and ask which is which, and there's no doubt every person guesses Clarion has SRUs record. In fact, I'm still surprised SRU has a few of the wins they have. They're... Not good. If Clarion wins their game against Cal mid-month I think they have 3 or 4 wins by now. I think they're gonna get a few wins in this 2nd time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It's astonishing the Clarion women's team is now 0-20.

Yet again tonight, they were oh so close. The Golden Eagles had IUP on the ropes with a few minutes to play. Last week they lost to Cal in OT. They play hard.

It's generally pretty difficult to say much good about 0-20. I'll say this: if you watched them tonight without knowing their record, you'd probably guess they were 12-8. It's almost unbelievable.

IUP was up 23 in the third quarter. Most winless teams would have thrown in the towel at that point. Clarion nearly tied the game up 10 minutes later. They kept fighting and perhaps IUP took the foot off the gas some. Still.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied

Trust me. Nobody at IUP wants to hear about injury problems. This has been a cursed season in Indiana.

The men's and women's team - combined - is dressing 15 to 16 players. Think about that.

The women's team also had four players (yes, four) quit AFTER the season began. None of the four would have played much, if at all, but it wiped out their depth.

The show goes on.
    Haha, Gannon had so many last year on both sides I hear you. It sucks for everyone, including the competition. Everyone wants to beat or be beat by your best.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post
    Like a lot of teams, Cal has been again hit with a number of injuries. Their scoring his very peaks and valleys, and their depth is a problem. But that defense typically keeps them in games. I will never count a Strom team out with her defense scheme still at play.
    Trust me. Nobody at IUP wants to hear about injury problems. This has been a cursed season in Indiana.

The men's and women's team - combined - is dressing 15 to 16 players. Think about that.

The women's team also had four players (yes, four) quit AFTER the season began. None of the four would have played much, if at all, but it wiped out their depth.

The show goes on.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    Like a lot of teams, Cal has been again hit with a number of injuries. Their scoring his very peaks and valleys, and their depth is a problem. But that defense typically keeps them in games. I will never count a Strom team out with her defense scheme still at play.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Cerro has looked off the past few games. She had some real shaky decisions last night. The backup PG also committed a whooping 6 TOs in limited minutes.

IUP really should have that game by 25 points. Their self-inflicted turnovers can be infuriating. I agree on the timeouts. You can't take them with you.

They also have a very short bench

That wasn't a typical Jess Strom team. Good athletes, speed and nice size, but very few go-to scorers.
    I was surprised too that they had a lack of scorers. They had the one girl that hit some threes, but they didn’t get the numbers they typically do out of their big. That’s where IUP being able to throw three legitimate bigs with talent at you is such a huge advantage. They were in that girl’s head last night and dominated her physically.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X