• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Tom got blown out.
    Tom…LOL.

No excuses, but expect IUP to be much better playing them at home. Gannon is obviously very good but not unbeatable.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tom got blown out.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Easy killer, Gannon women have beat some nationally ranked teams this year. They are really good.
    I’m calling it. I might be wrong, but I think because of the slow start largely due to missing some players, the ladies flew under the radar. They may lose at Gannon, but I still think they’ll win or at least tie for the West. The big unknown is injuries though and the short bench could bite them if someone goes down.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

IUP is the team to beat in the West and probably the PSAC. Even if they don’t win at Gannon I still believe that.
    Easy killer, Gannon women have beat some nationally ranked teams this year. They are really good.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP is the team to beat in the West and probably the PSAC. Even if they don’t win at Gannon I still believe that.
    They are a tough bunch. They haven't lost with a full deck yet this year. The two games they lost they had (7) players dressed.

They have to split with Gannon.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Dominant showing for the ladies tonight in a 61-41 win over the Lakers.

Mercyhurst came in 11-2 and on a nice streak. Holding them to 41 is very impressive. Carey has things rolling.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Dominant showing for the ladies tonight in a 61-41 win over the Lakers.

Mercyhurst came in 11-2 and on a nice streak. Holding them to 41 is very impressive. Carey has things rolling.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tough week ahead for the ladies.

Mercyhurst is 11-2 and Gannon is 15-1.

It's going to be an exciting doubleheader at the KCAC on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

This is a game IUP wouldn’t have won two years ago. Daemen is a very, very good team. They’re tall and long and can move. Teams like that a couple years ago ran IUP out of the building. Not anymore. Even IUP’s bigs can move and are athletic and despite Daemen having a much deeper bench, they got worn down and had no legs down the stretch. IUP has a lot of weapons and got a huge lift off the bench from Elena Benito who has barely played to this point. She’s smooth with the ball and can score from mid and long range. She hit a three midway in the 4th quarter with the shot clock running down that was a dagger.

This is IUP’s signature win so far this season. I expect Daemen to win their conference and be in the NCAA tournament. Remember, they just knocked off #5 Ferris State the other night.
    This is the first IUP team in forever that has a toughness. They will smash you and tell you about it afterward. Very different than Holy Tom's teams. They are fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    IUP blew open the final quarter ... Up 15 now.

Finally healthy, this is a pretty strong team. They haven't had this inside power in forever. Weaver is a monster. The size they have is a lot to handle.

Very short bench, however. They are only dressing 8 so literally a very short bench.

If they stay healthy this team can certainly make a run at the West.

This team is sooooo different than all of Tom's slower finesse teams.

Final

IUP 73
    Daemen 56

Huge win
    ​​​​
    This is a game IUP wouldn’t have won two years ago. Daemen is a very, very good team. They’re tall and long and can move. Teams like that a couple years ago ran IUP out of the building. Not anymore. Even IUP’s bigs can move and are athletic and despite Daemen having a much deeper bench, they got worn down and had no legs down the stretch. IUP has a lot of weapons and got a huge lift off the bench from Elena Benito who has barely played to this point. She’s smooth with the ball and can score from mid and long range. She hit a three midway in the 4th quarter with the shot clock running down that was a dagger.

This is IUP’s signature win so far this season. I expect Daemen to win their conference and be in the NCAA tournament. Remember, they just knocked off #5 Ferris State the other night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP blew open the final quarter ... Up 15 now.

Finally healthy, this is a pretty strong team. They haven't had this inside power in forever. Weaver is a monster. The size they have is a lot to handle.

Very short bench, however. They are only dressing 8 so literally a very short bench.

If they stay healthy this team can certainly make a run at the West.

This team is sooooo different than all of Tom's slower finesse teams.

Final

IUP 73
    Daemen 56

Huge win
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP 52
    Daemen 49

Start of 4th

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Big non-conference game tomorrow at the KCAC. IUP is hosting Daemen (who just beat Top 5 Ferris State).
    I didn’t know a thing about Daemen until I looked them up. They’ve won some big games but also lost some they probably shouldn’t have. The win over Ferris is interesting, although it was at their place so and that’s a long way from home for Ferris. This is a good measuring stick for IUP, though.

I think this IUP women’s team is very good. They truly have it all with three bigs that are legit players. They all move well and any of them can score double digits on a given night. Preston and Weaver are just nasty under the hoop and will fight to the death for a rebound. Centrulla is more of a finesse player but there aren’t many 6’1” women’s players in DII that can drain 3’s like she can. She’s also a good shot blocker.

The guards are also very good led by Cerro’s quickness and senior leadership and Henderson, Baughman, and Scott’s dynamic play. Like the forwards, any of them can go for big numbers on a given night. I like what I see from the newcomer, Jarrett, who is only going to gain confidence as the season goes along. She just looks solid on both ends of the floor and is a particularly good defender.

Carey has done a nice job of keeping his team fresh despite the small roster and the ladies seem to take to him. Barring any injuries this could be the best women’s team in the PSAC. They’ll be in the mix at least.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Big non-conference game tomorrow at the KCAC. IUP is hosting Daemen (who just beat Top 5 Ferris State).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

They’re only dressing 8-9 but they’re all playing and all good or at least good enough. I think that’s better than dressing 12-15 and having a disgruntled group sitting there waiting for garbage time minutes. The bigger concern might be practice though and not having enough bodies to work against. I assume Gina is practicing with the team at least, so that helps.
    My worry with dressing 8-9 is what happens with the next twisted ankle, sprained wrist, etc.? They have a long, long way to go. I wouldn't want to play the odds nobody else gets injured in the next 20 games or 50 practices.

If he can find anybody, I'd certainly try to add at least one more player. I'd be on campus looking for Grace Magnapora.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X