Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    Never count Cal out. And I think you're dismissing a tall, talented Hurst team a bit. They're going to lose some games but I think they'll surprise a few folks as the season goes on (much to my chagrin). I still think they'll be 2nd at the end of reg season, with cal and iup battling for 3 and 4. Boro and IUP lack depth, their D keeps them both in games. I just don't see a lot of offensive firepower in either team (said praying I don't eat my words).

The other factor about Gannon is Cleve has been battling injuries and illnesses all of January. Not sure how many people realize that he completely shook up his starting 5 at Cal and had both his center and backup pg out for 3 and 4 games respectively. In that time, he's moved his starting 2 and 3 to the bench (both soph) and starting redshirt freshman in the post and a true freshman at the wing. I think the rotation is still gelling a bit. Backup pg played limited minutes finally yesterday, but the rs fr continues to impress with her touch around the rim. This GU squad is much younger than I think people realize. And we have who I think is their best signing from the freshmen class redshirting after a late preseason injury.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Nice recovery game tonight. IUP hammered UPJ pretty good.

A tough one looms Saturday (Boro).
    They were pretty dominant from start to finish. UPJ is a veteran team with a good record as well. I think IUP and Gannon have separated themselves in the West, although I know Hurst is up there. I consider IUP’s head-to-head win over them as being pretty significant. I don’t expect they’ll have much trouble with Boro on Saturday.

I’d like to see Tom, err, Carey play Benito and Jarrett more. They’re both very good players but somehow didn’t see action last night until garbage time. It’s almost like he’s keeping a couple players safe since it’s a small roster. They only had 3 minutes each while the next lowest minutes total was 20. Seems like there are a few more minutes in there for those two.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Nice recovery game tonight. IUP hammered UPJ pretty good.

A tough one looms Saturday (Boro).

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Tom got blown out.
    Tom…LOL.

No excuses, but expect IUP to be much better playing them at home. Gannon is obviously very good but not unbeatable.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tom got blown out.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Easy killer, Gannon women have beat some nationally ranked teams this year. They are really good.
    I’m calling it. I might be wrong, but I think because of the slow start largely due to missing some players, the ladies flew under the radar. They may lose at Gannon, but I still think they’ll win or at least tie for the West. The big unknown is injuries though and the short bench could bite them if someone goes down.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

IUP is the team to beat in the West and probably the PSAC. Even if they don’t win at Gannon I still believe that.
    Easy killer, Gannon women have beat some nationally ranked teams this year. They are really good.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP is the team to beat in the West and probably the PSAC. Even if they don’t win at Gannon I still believe that.
    They are a tough bunch. They haven't lost with a full deck yet this year. The two games they lost they had (7) players dressed.

They have to split with Gannon.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Dominant showing for the ladies tonight in a 61-41 win over the Lakers.

Mercyhurst came in 11-2 and on a nice streak. Holding them to 41 is very impressive. Carey has things rolling.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Dominant showing for the ladies tonight in a 61-41 win over the Lakers.

Mercyhurst came in 11-2 and on a nice streak. Holding them to 41 is very impressive. Carey has things rolling.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tough week ahead for the ladies.

Mercyhurst is 11-2 and Gannon is 15-1.

It's going to be an exciting doubleheader at the KCAC on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

This is a game IUP wouldn’t have won two years ago. Daemen is a very, very good team. They’re tall and long and can move. Teams like that a couple years ago ran IUP out of the building. Not anymore. Even IUP’s bigs can move and are athletic and despite Daemen having a much deeper bench, they got worn down and had no legs down the stretch. IUP has a lot of weapons and got a huge lift off the bench from Elena Benito who has barely played to this point. She’s smooth with the ball and can score from mid and long range. She hit a three midway in the 4th quarter with the shot clock running down that was a dagger.

This is IUP’s signature win so far this season. I expect Daemen to win their conference and be in the NCAA tournament. Remember, they just knocked off #5 Ferris State the other night.
    This is the first IUP team in forever that has a toughness. They will smash you and tell you about it afterward. Very different than Holy Tom's teams. They are fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    IUP blew open the final quarter ... Up 15 now.

Finally healthy, this is a pretty strong team. They haven't had this inside power in forever. Weaver is a monster. The size they have is a lot to handle.

Very short bench, however. They are only dressing 8 so literally a very short bench.

If they stay healthy this team can certainly make a run at the West.

This team is sooooo different than all of Tom's slower finesse teams.

Final

IUP 73
    Daemen 56

Huge win
    ​​​​
    This is a game IUP wouldn’t have won two years ago. Daemen is a very, very good team. They’re tall and long and can move. Teams like that a couple years ago ran IUP out of the building. Not anymore. Even IUP’s bigs can move and are athletic and despite Daemen having a much deeper bench, they got worn down and had no legs down the stretch. IUP has a lot of weapons and got a huge lift off the bench from Elena Benito who has barely played to this point. She’s smooth with the ball and can score from mid and long range. She hit a three midway in the 4th quarter with the shot clock running down that was a dagger.

This is IUP’s signature win so far this season. I expect Daemen to win their conference and be in the NCAA tournament. Remember, they just knocked off #5 Ferris State the other night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP blew open the final quarter ... Up 15 now.

Finally healthy, this is a pretty strong team. They haven't had this inside power in forever. Weaver is a monster. The size they have is a lot to handle.

Very short bench, however. They are only dressing 8 so literally a very short bench.

If they stay healthy this team can certainly make a run at the West.

This team is sooooo different than all of Tom's slower finesse teams.

Final

IUP 73
    Daemen 56

Huge win
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP 52
    Daemen 49

Start of 4th

Leave a comment: