• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Yes, she’s still on the roster.

Why not stay with the team at this point even if you plan to leave? Or, can they be mid-year transfers and land somewhere else next semester? Regardless, this leaves the team pretty thin for a while. Going into the season you might think 14 is enough but you lose three and have a couple injuries and next thing you know you’re razor thin.

Do they have any transfers coming into the program in January? Maybe that will help fill some holes.
    I haven't heard of any transfers but he did it last year so I wouldn't rule it out. I think I'd surely be talking to Magnapora at this point. I don't know the extent of Cerro's injury but it doesn't appear too good. They are off until the 18th so hopefully they at least get Gina Adams back by then.

Odd thing is all three players left in camp or very early in the season.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Remember those were all Tom recruits so when Carey brought in the imports they probably weren't thrilled.

Kadlubek was one I thought was going to have a big career here. She's from Slippery Rock. Perhaps she lands there for next season.

Underneath, both forwards he brought in via the portal have multiple years' eligibility and Preston ended up coming back for her grad year. So, minutes we're going to be sparce for the two forwards that left.

Is the player from IHS still on the roster?
    Yes, she’s still on the roster.

Why not stay with the team at this point even if you plan to leave? Or, can they be mid-year transfers and land somewhere else next semester? Regardless, this leaves the team pretty thin for a while. Going into the season you might think 14 is enough but you lose three and have a couple injuries and next thing you know you’re razor thin.

Do they have any transfers coming into the program in January? Maybe that will help fill some holes.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Wow.
    Remember those were all Tom recruits so when Carey brought in the imports they probably weren't thrilled.

Kadlubek was one I thought was going to have a big career here. She's from Slippery Rock. Perhaps she lands there for next season.

Underneath, both forwards he brought in via the portal have multiple years' eligibility and Preston ended up coming back for her grad year. So, minutes we're going to be sparce for the two forwards that left.

Is the player from IHS still on the roster?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

All three were bumped by the transfers. I'd guess once it was apparent they'd be on the bench all year they collectively decided to leave.
    Wow.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    This is an interesting line in the Gazette article today:

“The Hawks only had seven players available due to injuries and players leaving the program.”

What’s that all about? There were 13 women in the team photo, but now just 10 individual photos. Those apparently no longer with the team include:

Daniela Shaughnessy
    Anna Rafferty
    Anna Kadlubek

Shaughnessy and Rafferty both got playing time this season.
    All three were bumped by the transfers. I'd guess once it was apparent they'd be on the bench all year they collectively decided to leave.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    This is an interesting line in the Gazette article today:

“The Hawks only had seven players available due to injuries and players leaving the program.”

What’s that all about? There were 13 women in the team photo, but now just 10 individual photos. Those apparently no longer with the team include:

Daniela Shaughnessy
    Anna Rafferty
    Anna Kadlubek

Shaughnessy and Rafferty both got playing time this season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Do you think there’s a chance Grace Magapora plays again now that volleyball is over? She’s quite the sharpshooter and obviously they need healthy bodies. I was disappointed that she didn’t play last year.
    They could use her for sure but I doubt it.

Maria is a killer. Not only is she an all-conference player but she seems (to me) to be the glue that holds it all together.

Add to it Gina Adams being out (who has started the past two years), and, well, they are now playing a Joe Lombardi 7-person rotation (and most of them are bigs). Adams isn't in a boot or wearing a cast, so I'm not sure what her injury is. She hasn't even dressed yet this season. Major loss.

They have to avoid taking too many losses. That can be a really strong team if they ever get healthy. They haven't played a game near full strength yet this year.

Hopefully Maria's boot is preventative. But, historically seeing players in the boot/crutches isn't a great sign.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Do you think there’s a chance Grace Magapora plays again now that volleyball is over? She’s quite the sharpshooter and obviously they need healthy bodies. I was disappointed that she didn’t play last year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Hopefully the ladies get healthy soon. That was an ugly loss yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Oh no! I wondered why she wasn’t in the box score. Any idea what Adams’ injury is?
    Great win on the road for the ladies sans two major contributors. But, not sure how sustainable this will be.

No idea on Adams. She's not in a boot or anything.

Maria could be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Rains it pours.

Word is star senior guard Maria Cerro is in a boot and on crutches.

Another starting guard, Gina Adams, has yet to play this year due to an injury.

Cerro is a devastating loss. No word on the extent of the injury but it's probably safe to say she's going to miss an extended period.
    Oh no! I wondered why she wasn’t in the box score. Any idea what Adams’ injury is?

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Rains it pours.

Cerro is a devastating loss. No word on the extent of the injury but it's probably safe to say she's going to miss an extended period.
    If figured Shippensburg would regress after losing Ariel Jones and Lauren Pettis, who were about half their scoring and rebounding last season, but the decline has been steeper than I expected. They're 1-4 so far and have not looked sharp. The first-year players might see more time going forward.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Rains it pours.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The ladies looked pretty rough last night but escaped.

Of note, starting guard Gina Adams wasn't dressed and two depth guards weren't on the bench. No idea on their status.

Tune-ups are over. IUP plays at Fairmont State tomorrow. Both are 2-0.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Carey's bunch was picked third yesterday. I think that could actually be a little low. That may be a powerful team this year. Four starters back, strong (upperclassmen) guards and three impact transfers (proven D2 players).

He addressed the two biggest needs (adding experienced post players and depth). Recall this team played nearly ironman last year, finished 18-10 and easily could have been 22-6.

The ladies should have a pretty big season.

Concern would be if the two star guards can play nice.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X