Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Rock naturally loses at home to Clarion tonight.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

One team wanted to be there yesterday. One didn't.
    This is the part that bothered me the most. It’s one thing if you’re just not very good, but something all together different when the effort is poor and you lose to a team that really isn’t better. How many offensive rebounds did SRU grab? How many of them were by one of the smallest players on the court? Offensive boards are about desire and effort. On top of that, glaring at the refs every time they didn’t get a call. It was obvious the crew was going to let them play from the start. Too much whining and not enough effort. Just bad, bad, bad. Group effort.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Yep, they’re bad. How do you come out flat on Senior Day? Beyond being flat, they can’t hit a layup and most inexcusable of all, they’re being out worked. Slippery Rock came to win today and is embarrassing IUP on their own floor.
    We've said it several times but IUP may be the worst layup shooting team in history. They turn the ball over at least 7 times every game trying that ridiculous dump-in to the low post. It's ridiculous at this stage because they either throw it out of bounce, they drop the pass and turn it over, or they just miss the wide open layup. Yet, they do it game after game.

They are so easy to scout. Take away the trey, smother Cerro and game over. That's the formula. SRU had them so scouted yesterday it was sick. The final score ended up somewhat close but IUP got smacked for 35 of the 40 minutes.

One team wanted to be there yesterday. One didn't.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Puke day for the women.
    Women sucked. No other way to say it.

Embarrassing performance.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Puke day for the women.
    Yep, they’re bad. How do you come out flat on Senior Day? Beyond being flat, they can’t hit a layup and most inexcusable of all, they’re being out worked. Slippery Rock came to win today and is embarrassing IUP on their own floor.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Puke day for the women.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    I went to the Heritage Conference finals last night at the KCAC. First thing to point out is the place was packed with well over 3,000 people. Biggest crowd I’ve seen in the building for basketball this year. For the first time I saw Ava Persichetti play for River Valley. All I knew about her prior was what I read in the papers. She’s only a sophomore, but IUP shouldn’t have let her out of the building. The kid took over the game out of the gate and even though they basically doubled her in the second half to take her away, she still found a way to rise to the occasion and put the game away late. She’s also excellent defensively. In the second half she took over guarding Homer Center’s 1,500+ points scorer and it was pretty much lights out. That was senior versus sophomore.

Not only is she lightning quick, she has great hands, can shoot from anywhere, and plays with a type of swagger you don’t see as much on the women’s side. I recognize she’s at a AA school and not playing top competition every night, but at her age and what she’s already doing, she’s looking like one of the best girl’s players I’ve seen around here in quite some time. I walked away very impressed.

By the way, if you think officiating the PSAC is bad, high school games will make you want to throw up. If the girls game wasn’t bad enough, the boys game was a disaster, but at least it was equally bad for both teams.
    Well, officiating probably isn't going to get better, because with all the abuse officials take these days fewer and fewer people want to do it. My area high school conference can't play all its football games on Friday night because they don't have enough crews. Maybe some of the legion of sideline critics these days should sign up to become officials themselves. They'd obviously do better.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
    On the bright side for the IUP women, when 18-7 is trending as a disappointing season, we are truly spoiled.
    In reality if they didn't have that stretch with rotating starting bigs out they probably only have 3-4 losses.

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied
    On the bright side for the IUP women, when 18-7 is trending as a disappointing season, we are truly spoiled.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Ladies need to continue the revenge tour today.

Their performance in Morrow was their worst of the season.

I have a hunch the old Interim is going to light them up today.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by gman16506 View Post

Sounds like the type of player that goes Division One and doesn't look back.
    Well, she just scored her 1,000th point the other night as a sophomore so she’ll be getting plenty of attention. I don’t know that she’s DI, but it’s possible depending on how the next two seasons go. I happened to catch Indiana HS girls play South Fayette earlier this year and that team brought two girls that signed DI NLIs to town. They just look different, that’s for sure.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    What a revenge win !!

Leave a comment:

• gman16506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

My guess is they are going to have a hard time keeping her in Indiana.
    Sounds like the type of player that goes Division One and doesn't look back.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I went to the Heritage Conference finals last night at the KCAC. First thing to point out is the place was packed with well over 3,000 people. Biggest crowd I’ve seen in the building for basketball this year. For the first time I saw Ava Persichetti play for River Valley. All I knew about her prior was what I read in the papers. She’s only a sophomore, but IUP shouldn’t have let her out of the building. The kid took over the game out of the gate and even though they basically doubled her in the second half to take her away, she still found a way to rise to the occasion and put the game away late. She’s also excellent defensively. In the second half she took over guarding Homer Center’s 1,500+ points scorer and it was pretty much lights out. That was senior versus sophomore.

Not only is she lightning quick, she has great hands, can shoot from anywhere, and plays with a type of swagger you don’t see as much on the women’s side. I recognize she’s at a AA school and not playing top competition every night, but at her age and what she’s already doing, she’s looking like one of the best girl’s players I’ve seen around here in quite some time. I walked away very impressed.

By the way, if you think officiating the PSAC is bad, high school games will make you want to throw up. If the girls game wasn’t bad enough, the boys game was a disaster, but at least it was equally bad for both teams.
    My guess is they are going to have a hard time keeping her in Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X