X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’m not sure what IUP’s record is against Edinboro in recent years but I feel like it’s not very good, especially up there.

This team gets very little scoring help from the bench. It seems to be more about eating up some minutes. They don’t have a single bench player averaging even 4 ppg. They only have one, Janeira Scott, that averages over 3 ppg. The two newcomers have contributed very little to the scoresheet. You’re just not going to win consistently when you rely that heavily on your five starters. It’s too bad Grace Magnapora didn’t play again. She could really shoot it and lit it up in stretches last year.
    Just remember, this coach is cleaning up Tommy Boy's mess. He was a late hire and left him a minimal roster. Any success this year is a bonus.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Obviously we know this isn't a great team ... But, man, when they are off they are OFF.

BORO is playing them perfectly. Push the tempo and make IUP use it's bench. IUP's bench is, to say it nicely, struggling.
    I’m not sure what IUP’s record is against Edinboro in recent years but I feel like it’s not very good, especially up there.

This team gets very little scoring help from the bench. It seems to be more about eating up some minutes. They don’t have a single bench player averaging even 4 ppg. They only have one, Janeira Scott, that averages over 3 ppg. The two newcomers have contributed very little to the scoresheet. You’re just not going to win consistently when you rely that heavily on your five starters. It’s too bad Grace Magnapora didn’t play again. She could really shoot it and lit it up in stretches last year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Obviously we know this isn't a great team ... But, man, when they are off they are OFF.

BORO is playing them perfectly. Push the tempo and make IUP use it's bench. IUP's bench is, to say it nicely, struggling.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    At least two
    more intensity from her in a half than in three years here.
    Clearly she came in trying to prove something and other than her behavior at times she played well. That said, it was pretty sweet watching her have to congratulate her old team. I don’t know exactly why she left but it feels like she just jumped ship because she assumed IUP was going to be a bad team. IUP is 13-3 to Cal’s 10-7. IUP would be better if she had stayed and it probably would have been better for her as well, but it is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe's game played out as expected but what a win for the ladies.

Coach Interim just did something Holy Tom struggled to do year after year.

It wasn't a work of art, but, who cares. Great win over the Viet Mon and those whiny coaches.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    At least two
    more intensity from her in a half than in three years here.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Wtf is Fink’s hatred all about. She literally should’ve got a second foul than tech for throwing the ball into the crowd. Unreal, not sure what these refs are seeing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Well, the surprising 11-0 start now seems like a long time ago. IUP has lost three straight -- and has its best post player on the sidelines.

The last three games have largely been ugly. Yes, IUP did make a tremendous comeback (still lost) at Gannon, but got hammered for the first three quarters. The Mercyhurst loss wasn't as close as the final 8-point margin, and, well, UPJ just blasted them.

We know a suddenly-hot California team will be a headache come Saturday. So, tonight's Clarion visit is an absolute must-win. The Golden Eagles are just 3-11, but have played well of late -- highlighted by a 62-55 win against Pitt-Johnstown.

While obviously not playing well in Johnstown, the team also looked out of it -- mentally and physically. We're going to find out real quick how interim Coach Carey handles adversity. Because, well, it's here.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If they’re without Preston for more than a few games they’re going to be in trouble. There was absolutely no continuity on offense today and when they did get looks they couldn’t throw it in a swimming pool. The worst part is they appeared to pack it in once they got down. If there was a faint silver lining, I thought Smith played pretty well for someone who rarely sees the floor.
    I'm not sure they'll even beat Clarion if Preston is still out. Clarion just beat that same UPJ team that just throttled IUP. Preston is by far their best rebounder and is a house under the basket. Without, they really struggle to rebound and get any buckets near the basket. She was in a boot in Johnstown so I'd say it's doubtful she plays Wednesday.

No doubt that team is in a funk. You can see it clear as day just watching them for a couple minutes. Perhaps coming back home will help.

I was afraid Mercyhurst showed the league how to beat them. They haven't won since.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    This team is quickly turning into a disaster.
    If they’re without Preston for more than a few games they’re going to be in trouble. There was absolutely no continuity on offense today and when they did get looks they couldn’t throw it in a swimming pool. The worst part is they appeared to pack it in once they got down. If there was a faint silver lining, I thought Smith played pretty well for someone who rarely sees the floor.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Preston is in a boot. That was the one position they have zero depth.

Coming off the rails in a hurry

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Mighty big test awaits the ladies tonight at Gannon. I have a bad feeling that the worries many of us had were all finally exposed by Mercyhurst.

Gannon is 13-2. Both losses came on a bad weekend road trip out East. Not sure if there's more to that or not. Regardless, they have been crushing everybody the past month.

IUP's offense is too inconsistent to hang with the top teams. Their defense is also sporadic. Anything is possible but I'd be shocked if this game is within single digits.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

How did it take until January for a team to realize if they shut off the trey ... they'd shut off IUP's whole offense?

Cleary really needs to make sure the wheels don't come off. Tough stretch looms.

Defensively, they were hard to watch yesterday.
    If they're slow, they night have trouble with Edinboro. Ship played them last night and that was a very uptempo game, won by the Raiders 93-81. I thought Edinboro hurt themselves by getting a little three-happy, although in their defense they did make quite a few. I guess you have Gannon coming up as well.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

All the weaknesses were exposed. We all knew this team wasn’t undefeated good. It was a matter of time and the time was yesterday. I’ve seen people complaining about the refs and that’s why they lost. No, they lost bc their weaknesses were exposed.
    How did it take until January for a team to realize if they shut off the trey ... they'd shut off IUP's whole offense?

Cleary really needs to make sure the wheels don't come off. Tough stretch looms.

Defensively, they were hard to watch yesterday.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X