Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Mighty big test awaits the ladies tonight at Gannon. I have a bad feeling that the worries many of us had were all finally exposed by Mercyhurst.

Gannon is 13-2. Both losses came on a bad weekend road trip out East. Not sure if there's more to that or not. Regardless, they have been crushing everybody the past month.

IUP's offense is too inconsistent to hang with the top teams. Their defense is also sporadic. Anything is possible but I'd be shocked if this game is within single digits.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

How did it take until January for a team to realize if they shut off the trey ... they'd shut off IUP's whole offense?

Cleary really needs to make sure the wheels don't come off. Tough stretch looms.

Defensively, they were hard to watch yesterday.
    If they're slow, they night have trouble with Edinboro. Ship played them last night and that was a very uptempo game, won by the Raiders 93-81. I thought Edinboro hurt themselves by getting a little three-happy, although in their defense they did make quite a few. I guess you have Gannon coming up as well.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

All the weaknesses were exposed. We all knew this team wasn’t undefeated good. It was a matter of time and the time was yesterday. I’ve seen people complaining about the refs and that’s why they lost. No, they lost bc their weaknesses were exposed.
    How did it take until January for a team to realize if they shut off the trey ... they'd shut off IUP's whole offense?

Cleary really needs to make sure the wheels don't come off. Tough stretch looms.

Defensively, they were hard to watch yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

IUP was a train wreck defensively. Mercyhurst had them scouted well.

I'll give IUP credit for somehow hanging around.

But, yes, very slow team.
    All the weaknesses were exposed. We all knew this team wasn’t undefeated good. It was a matter of time and the time was yesterday. I’ve seen people complaining about the refs and that’s why they lost. No, they lost bc their weaknesses were exposed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

They’re going to struggle against quick, athletic teams. Granted, Hurst seemed to make every three they took and that’s not always going to happen, but they had a lot of wide open looks too. IUP is not a team built for speed. They looked like they were playing in slow motion compared to the much quicker Lakers ladies.

The officiating didn’t help IUP either. It was awful! Coach Carey didn’t seem to work the officials much at all other than a few arm raises. He should watch some men’s games and learn something from Joe who at times can be a master at it.

Let’s hope bringing in the two new faces doesn’t do more harm than good. Things looked disjointed a bit when DeShields was on the floor.
    IUP was a train wreck defensively. Mercyhurst had them scouted well.

I'll give IUP credit for somehow hanging around.

But, yes, very slow team.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    They were due for a bucket of puke.

It came today. Awful performance.
    They’re going to struggle against quick, athletic teams. Granted, Hurst seemed to make every three they took and that’s not always going to happen, but they had a lot of wide open looks too. IUP is not a team built for speed. They looked like they were playing in slow motion compared to the much quicker Lakers ladies.

The officiating didn’t help IUP either. It was awful! Coach Carey didn’t seem to work the officials much at all other than a few arm raises. He should watch some men’s games and learn something from Joe who at times can be a master at it.

Let’s hope bringing in the two new faces doesn’t do more harm than good. Things looked disjointed a bit when DeShields was on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    They were due for a bucket of puke.

It came today. Awful performance.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    So, it's apparently possible to still be undefeated in January, ranked No. 5 in one poll and NOT ranked in the other.

Such is the case for the IUP ladies.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    These Robert Morris ladies are a massive speed upgrade.
    …and they upgraded their education choice as well!

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    KB went for a whopping 32 last night in a Homecoming game of sorts (she's from near Millersville).

IUP had a huge crowd at the ladies game.

The Hawks and interim Coach Carey are 10-0. He may be getting that interim tag removed here soon.
    Other than Gannon, it doesn't look as if they have much competition in the West. Other than a bad outing against Gannon, Ship has handled every West team they've played relatively easily. They had Clarion last night, and I was surprised looking at my program to see that Clarion was 7-4 and 2-2 in the West going into that game. They didn't look very good at all.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    KB went for a whopping 32 last night in a Homecoming game of sorts (she's from near Millersville).

IUP had a huge crowd at the ladies game.

The Hawks and interim Coach Carey are 10-0. He may be getting that interim tag removed here soon.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Scott, the new PG, is going to be a nightmare in the PSAC. She looks like the female Brandon Spain.

Once they really mesh this could be something special.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    These Robert Morris ladies are a massive speed upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The mid-year transfers were officially announced today. They are eligible effective immediately.

A 9-0 team added some depth (and potential immediate return). Always a risk, chemistry-wise, but I think it was the right move. If they blend in well, this could really elevate an already strong team.

From their films, this is an instant upgrade in team speed and defense.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Women moved up to 7th in today's national Top 25.

That's probably a stretch.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X