• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Sounds like immediate (2nd semester).

The new coach went in with a real small roster. I think they only had 12 players. No fault of his own, of course. Tom decided to retire so late that it left whomever took over hanging.

I assumed they'd try to add a couple mid-year transfers. It's fairly rare but it does happen.

They are off to a good start but they've played all cupcakes. We'll learn more here shortly.
    Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Immediate eligibility or '23-'24 ??
    Sounds like immediate (2nd semester).

The new coach went in with a real small roster. I think they only had 12 players. No fault of his own, of course. Tom decided to retire so late that it left whomever took over hanging.

I assumed they'd try to add a couple mid-year transfers. It's fairly rare but it does happen.

They are off to a good start but they've played all cupcakes. We'll learn more here shortly.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Interesting story breaking.

Two Robert Morris players announced today they are transferring to IUP. It would appear both will join the team for the second semester. Both are guards.
    Immediate eligibility or '23-'24 ??

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Two Robert Morris players announced today they are transferring to IUP. It would appear both will join the team for the second semester. Both are guards.
    Interesting

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Rosemont did a little better today ... losing at Millersville, 112-29.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Just why? This is disgusting!
    LOL it was 57-5 at halftime. Should have just played Indiana High School.

They did set a women's game attendance record of just a hair under 3,000

Granted, it's a field trip for local students so that's not quite the same as drawing that at the gate.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Today was the traditional 'Education Day' women's game.

The unsung tradition of this day is scheduling a completely overmatched D3 opponent. This year the sacrificial lamb was Rosemont.

IUP 102
    Rosemont 20

Regardless, IUP is 3-0
    Just why? This is disgusting!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Today was the traditional 'Education Day' women's game.

The unsung tradition of this day is scheduling a completely overmatched D3 opponent. This year the sacrificial lamb was Rosemont.

IUP 102
    Rosemont 20

Regardless, IUP is 3-0

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    It's being reported that WVU assistant Craig Carey will be the 'interim' coach of the IUP ladies this season.
    I'm assuming that is the hire but "interim" is being used because of Union stuff.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It's being reported that WVU assistant Craig Carey will be the 'interim' coach of the IUP ladies this season.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

FS82 could answer this better but with all that union stuff the hiring process is very slow. Tom's last official day was in the area of mid-August. So, I don't think they could open the position until that point ... and, then it has to stay posted for like 30 days or something before they can start interviews. The privates can hire exponentially faster.

With Tom they were probably looking at a 16-14 type of season. With a new coach (and likely new style) it could be a really long season. They were gutted and their best player plays for Cal now.

All of that said, it's a very attractive job -- pay, history, facilities, support, etc. So, I'd guess some other program will soon be getting screwed with their coach leaving in late September.
    Or the very best up and coming Assistant that can be persuaded/cajoled/bribed ..,.hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Odd situation for one of the PSAC elite WBB programs. Why throw away a season ?? Hopefully, for IUP fans, this doesn't spook whatever recruits showed up at the KCAC. And they're opening at DUKE !!!
    FS82 could answer this better but with all that union stuff the hiring process is very slow. Tom's last official day was in the area of mid-August. So, I don't think they could open the position until that point ... and, then it has to stay posted for like 30 days or something before they can start interviews. The privates can hire exponentially faster.

With Tom they were probably looking at a 16-14 type of season. With a new coach (and likely new style) it could be a really long season. They were gutted and their best player plays for Cal now.

All of that said, it's a very attractive job -- pay, history, facilities, support, etc. So, I'd guess some other program will soon be getting screwed with their coach leaving in late September.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Neither of the two assistants are currently on the payroll. Women's basketball is without staff at the moment. Who knows who's leading practice. They may be paying a supplement to one of Joe's assistants to at least construct & supervise practices.
    Odd situation for one of the PSAC elite WBB programs. Why throw away a season ?? Hopefully, for IUP fans, this doesn't spook whatever recruits showed up at the KCAC. And they're opening at DUKE !!!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Not sure. I don't follow the program too closely. Tom had two assistants. Being he didn't leave for another job and take his staff, I assume they are still there.
    Neither of the two assistants are currently on the payroll. Women's basketball is without staff at the moment. Who knows who's leading practice. They may be paying a supplement to one of Joe's assistants to at least construct & supervise practices.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X