Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairmont State 80 Alderson Broaddus 76. The Battlers had the lead for nearly the entire game, but the Falcons fought back and took over late to win it.
    Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
      Fairmont State 80 Alderson Broaddus 76. The Battlers had the lead for nearly the entire game, but the Falcons fought back and took over late to win it.
      Tough one to swallow. Gotta close that freaking thing. It was AB's to win.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tough one to swallow. Gotta close that freaking thing. It was AB's to win.
        Indeed. I feel sick after that one. :(

Comment

Indeed. I feel sick in my gut after that one.
          Tough one but you guys have come a long way in the past year. Better days are coming.

Comment

Indeed. I feel sick after that one. :(
            I am with you. Heartbreaking. We took it right at them on their home floor for so long. We were prepared by the staff and they did a lot of good things today as a team.

I don't know.....this one really hurt as a grad today. Not mad just heartbroken.I really get up for the Fairmont game. I am not going to get into why....I just do. I haven't hurt for some guys and a staff since we lost to Barton in 2006 in the South regional final game or the UPJ 2 OT loss in the WVIAC title game.

Comment

The Battlers lost last night @ West Virginia State, 100-84. AB is now 11-13 overall and 8-11 MEC.

Next game: Saturday 02/19 vs Charleston in Philippi.

Comment

That is 3 losses in a row and I just can't find a signature win for the past 3 years.

The women, on the other hand, went on the road and upset WV State which had come into the game tied for second place in the women's MEC standings. The women were able to go on the road and do this starting 3 freshmen, 1 sophomore and 1 junior. The women have won 4 of their last 5 games. That is a heck of a road win last night.

Comment

Charleston leads at half 48-24 over AB at Rex Pyles Arena. This is beyond pitiful to watch.

Credit Charleston.....they look like a team ready to roll into the MEC tournament. A team with talented players that are pieced together well by Coach Osborne. A team already with 20 wins. AB's fundamentals are terrible. Bad passes. Terrible closeouts and quite frankly not the talent the other team has.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                    Charleston leads at half 48-24 over AB at Rex Pyles Arena. This is beyond pitiful to watch.

Credit Charleston.....they look like a team ready to roll into the MEC tournament. A team with talented players that are pieced together well by Coach Osborne. A team already with 20 wins. AB's fundamentals are terrible. Bad passes. Terrible closeouts and quite frankly not the talent the other team has.

Comment

Final - Charleston 86 Battlers 73

The last home game of the season is this Monday the 21st vs Bluefield State (non conference).

Comment

On another note, AB's baseball season begins Friday. Go Battlers!

??????https://gobattlers.com/sports/baseball/schedule
                        Last edited by crixus; 02-21-2022, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Looking ahead to next week, here's the 2022 MEC Men's & Women's Basketball tournament schedule.

https://mountaineast.org/tournaments/?id=124
                          Last edited by crixus; 02-23-2022, 12:27 AM.

Comment

The Battlers lost their fifth game in a row, this time to Wheeling (85-82). There's one more game to go before the MEC tournament. AB plays @ Notre Dame College on Saturday.

Comment

Alderson Broaddus baseball lost their season opener today 15-0 vs Millersville. Ouch! So in comparison, Battlers MBB doesn't look so bad.

Comment

There is no comparison to how Alderson Broaddus funds men's basketball compared to baseball. There is a reason our head baseball coach left AB after last season to go to Fairmont State.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X