Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    There is no comparison to how Alderson Broaddus funds men's basketball compared to baseball. There is a reason our head baseball coach left AB after last season to go to Fairmont State.
    Relax, I'm on your side. I was only kidding. Go Battlers!

??????
    Last edited by crixus; 02-26-2022, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Regular season finale - half time score.

NDC 39 AB 30
      Last edited by crixus; 02-26-2022, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Very impressive comeback in the second half and the Battlers win!

Final - AB 79 NDC 65

Comment

We took it to Notre Dame in the second half. Outscored them by 23 points in the second half on the road. That was our best half of basketball since the first half of the Fairmont State game.

We needed that badly.

We will draw D&E in the Wednesday night round. I like our chances if we can play like we did the second half tonight. Hopefully we will carry this momentum up to Wheeling.

AB had a lot of people at that game today.
          Last edited by JDonAB92; 02-26-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Alderson Broaddus finishes the regular season with a 12-15 overall & 9-13 MEC record.
            Last edited by crixus; 02-27-2022, 05:30 AM.

Comment

The women will play Wednesday afternoon at 2:30 against Wheeling in the 8/9 game. We have beaten Wheeling twice this year. It is tough to beat a team three times.

The men play D&E on Wednesday night at 6PM as the #7 seed.
              Last edited by JDonAB92; 02-26-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Jalen Knott was named MEC Men's Freshman of the Year.

KJ Walker MEC Men's 2nd team all conference.

Nyshae Weaver (freshman) was named to MEC Women's 2nd team all conference.

Best small college tournament in America starts today......great venue, great video/audio production, great atmospheres, long-standing traditions going back to the WVIAC....it is just a great tournament. I will definitely be up Saturday if one of the two AB teams make it that far.....that is a stretch but AB has pulled some great upsets in past tournaments. Regardless I will follow the great production online.

Comment

MEC Championship Round One - #10 D&E 35 #7 AB 33 at half time. Go Battlers!

Comment

AB wins big 82-61 over D&E. It's on to Round Two. Alright Battlers!

Comment

Another great second half.....second game in a row. Great to advance. I also like the fact that we got one game shooting in that arena with a day off before Friday's game.

We take on maybe the hottest D2 team in the country on Friday at noon. WV State has won 18 of the last 19 games they played with the only loss up at West Lib. We can't have a slow first half on Friday. This State team is stacked with talent. We will have to beat them with basketball. I honestly like where we are at right now. We will see what happens.

Comment

MEC Quarterfinal Half Time - #7 AB 44 #2 WV State 35

Go Battlers!

Comment

Battlers win again! Final - AB 95 WV State 87

Comment

What a win! What a freaking win!

Big props to Coach Dye and Coach Franklin for keeping this team together all season. They rallied the troops.

I'll be there tomorrow with several other alumni to support this team. First time in MEC history that a #7 seed beat a #2 seed. I love it!

Comment

Congrats on the big win, Battlers! That was a big one for sure.

Your stars (KJ & Knott) did their thing, but what I found impressive was how much the guys around them really stepped up. Rice & T. Walker had really nice games to go alongside Knott & KJ. This tourney is turning out to be a really nice cap on what was sometimes and up and down year for Dye and guys.

Comment

Correct, Tahleik Walker giving us that much offense was needed. He is a great defender and him and Knott give us two good young defenders. I couldn't believe his stat line. Rice can hit shots, but he is erratic. The last two games Rice has been hitting. Rice and Knott hitting the 3s opened up the floor as the game wore on. Knott is special.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X