Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slippery Rock defeats Alderson Broaddus 81-71. KJ Walker was left on the bench for too long in the 2nd half as a tie game goes to a Slippery Rock seven point lead. This roster just isn't talented enough to win games. This game mirrored many other losses from the prior two seasons.....the talent on the roster seems to go down each of the last three seasons. This was a very winnable game but we looked terrible in the final stretch.

Comment

Now that the fall sports are over, let's take a look:

Football: goes 1-10 this year. We were 0-5 in the spring and we were 1-10 the season before that. This was the head coach's 2nd season. Quite frankly, they looked downright bad for most of the season. You generally like to give a guy four to five years to show what he can do. But this guy needs to show some type of improvement next season. That was bad football this year.

Volleyball: This season goes 6-17 overall (by beating some bad non-conference teams) and 2-14 in the MEC
      Last season, they went 3-7 in the MEC.
      In 2019, they went 13-19 overall and 3-9 in the G-MAC
      In 2018, they went 8-22 and 2-17 in the G-MAC
      In 2017, they went 9-22 overall and 3-15 in the G-MAC
      In 2016, they went 6-27 overall and 3-7 in the G-MAC

In six seasons, this volleyball coach has gone 45-114 overall and in-conference has gone 16-69. Now here is the kicker! Prior to her becoming head coach, volleyball was 114-46 in conference play most of that in the WVIAC. We used to get really good volleyball players out of Ohio and WV. We don't any more. The record has almost gone completely opposite under her direction. I am sorry I have to be like this, but someone has to. When is enough....enough?

Women's soccer: This season goes 1-15-1 overall and 0-15-1 in the MEC
      Last year, they go 0-6-2.
      In 2019, 2-13 overall and 0-12 in the G-MAC.
      In 2018, they go 1-16 overall and 1-13 in the G-MAC
      The head coach has been there four seasons and has gone 4-50-3 overall and has a conference record of 1-46-3. What should I say?

Men's soccer went 8-10 overall and 7-9 in the MEC. I have zero problem here as the MEC has two teams ranked in the Top Ten nationally. We had two losses to D&E and two losses to UC....both rated high nationally. We finished 5th in the MEC and played a tough overall schedule. Not one complaint out of me with men's soccer.

I guess what I am saying is that I really hope some type of analysis is going on up there. I don't understand why so many programs are so downright awful.

Comment

Alderson Broaddus with the 90-79 win over Ohio Dominican. Team moves to 2-1 on the young season.

Jalen Collins with 22 points, Coryn Rice with 17 points, Eman Eman with 13, Zach Simpkins 12 and Jalen Knott with 11 points. Good balance.

I don't know why the camera/video only worked at halftime and at the end of the game....black screen the rest of the game.

The announcers called a good game and the student turnout was very good and loud from the audio. We have to get that video fixed. Ben Nestor does a good job calling the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
          Alderson Broaddus with the 90-79 win over Ohio Dominican. Team moves to 2-1 on the young season.

Jalen Collins with 22 points, Coryn Rice with 17 points, Eman Eman with 13, Zach Simpkins 12 and Jalen Knott with 11 points. Good balance.

I don't know why the camera/video only worked at halftime and at the end of the game....black screen the rest of the game.

The announcers called a good game and the student turnout was very good and loud from the audio. We have to get that video fixed. Ben Nestor does a good job calling the game.
          Then AB got pounded by West Liberty 100-70 three days later. Up next, tomorrow vs Wheeling and then a week off before @ Concord on December 1st.

https://gobattlers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Go Battlers!
          Last edited by crixus; 11-22-2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

They could have beat us by 70 if they had wanted. WL played a lot of people and a lot of different combinations.

Comment

AB beat Wheeling with a 3 pointer at the buzzer. Final: 83-80. Great game Battlers!

Comment

Freshman Jalen Knott drains the 3 at the horn for the AB win over Wheeling. AB moves to 3-2 overall and 1-1 in the MEC.

The women won tonight in overtime 98-94.

Comment

The young Lady Battlers won two games down at Petersburg, VA yesterday and today. Women defeated Shaw 82-77 last night and defeated Virginia State 86-83 this afternoon. Good experience for this young team which moves to 3-2 on the season.

Comment

Men lost a tough one by 2 down at Concord. We really had chances to win that game. No complaints as that is a tough place to win. We are really short one player from being pretty decent. I am not coulda-woulda-shoulda, but that is really where we are at. Give Dye credit, I thought he had them coached up.

David Shriver had 20 points and 4 rebounds last night for Hartford in a 7-point loss to Winthrop. I am glad for the young man. I still wish we had him, but I get it.

Comment

Alderson Broaddus beats Glenville State 113-108 in 2OT at Rex Pyles Arena. Hats off to the student body which really gave the team a lift.

KJ Walker with 38 points and 7 assists for the game. He was unstoppable in the two overtimes. AB moves to 4-3 overall and 2-2 in the MEC.

I give these guys a lot of credit as they were down most of the game and were outrebounded by a ton. But they hung tough and did a good job.

We host Wesleyan on Wednesday.

Comment

The women's team knocks off WV Wesleyan 102-65 this evening at Rex Pyles Arena.

The women move to 4-4 overall and 2-3 in the MEC. Freshmen lead the way this evening....Nyshae Weaver with 27 points, Taylor Issac with 28 points, Jaya Nelson with 15 points and 10 boards, Ariyah Douglas with 10 points...that is a young lineup. Sophomore Iyahnna Williams had 13 points as well.

Comment

Men looked bad tonight. That was terrible basketball all the way around. AB over Wesleyan 66-64. They move to 5-3 overall and 3-2 in the conference.

They better get it together or D&E will wipe the floor with us on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                            Men looked bad tonight. That was terrible basketball all the way around. AB over Wesleyan 66-64. They move to 5-3 overall and 3-2 in the conference.

They better get it together or D&E will wipe the floor with us on Saturday.
                            D&E won at home, but only by two points.

??????https://mountaineast.org/boxscore.as...3d%3d&path=mbb

Go Battlers!
                            Last edited by crixus; 12-12-2021, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Yeah, well we lost.......AGAIN to D&E. It took us forever to go to the short corner against that zone defense they were running. That short corner was open all night. I honestly believe this guy has lost more to D&E than the past three coaches combined at Alderson Broaddus. Jalen Collins and Zach Simpkins were hot. Feed them....set screens for them. Rice was 0-6 with 3 turnovers. Collins creates well out of the middle whether man defense or zone. He passes well there. Feed him until they stop him.

Why wait until late in the game to do some things differently? We used some three-quarter press and it threw them off and we got back into the game. Why not use stuff like that earlier....just for a few possessions? Why play man-to-man all game? Play something different.....use some half-court zone......throw a press on every once in awhile to get them out of their flow. Use a half-court trap.

And with 11 seconds, KJ Walker (without question our best player and best playmaker) came down the court after catching a long rebound on a 3 on 3. Why call timeout there? That last play was horrific and we literally threw the ball up from 25 feet. Let your players play. I would much rather let KJ drive the ball and create than trying to diagram a last second play where a 5th-year senior clearly forgot to screen the ball.

We have not looked ready to go the past two games. There are some patterns that have developed within this program.

On a side note, Jalen Knott is a real good freshman....if we can keep him, and Zach Simpkins has a nice stroke. And the women with 10,000 freshman won on the road again.

Comment

AB beats Bluefield State 81-69 on the road.

Jalen Collins with another good game. Zach Simpkins did not play. We finally beat someone by double-digits. That is actually a gym we traditionally have a tough time in. An improved Salem team comes in later this week.

Team is 6-4 and 3-3 in the MEC.

Women have to play at Marshall tonight in a tough deal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X