Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salem manhandled D&E in Elkins last night 97-74. Salem moves to 8-4 on the year. We come out Friday like we have the last two games they will make us look real bad. Brett Rector is doing a good job there.

The women gave it their best last night at Marshall. We led for the first quarter-and-a half. They took over after that. Good experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
      Salem manhandled D&E in Elkins last night 97-74. Salem moves to 8-4 on the year. We come out Friday like we have the last two games they will make us look real bad. Brett Rector is doing a good job there.

The women gave it their best last night at Marshall. We led for the first quarter-and-a half. They took over after that. Good experience.

Just hope Salem doesn't cancel the game.

Comment

Not canceled, but postponed:

https://gobattlers.com/news/2021/12/...d-to-1-31.aspx

Comment

As we head into the Christmas and New Year's break AB is 6-4 overall and 3-3 conference. The next game for the Battlers will be on Wednesday, January 5th against Fairmont State in Philippi.

*The Alderson Broaddus Men's Basketball contests against Salem University on Friday, December 17th and Bluefield State College on Sunday, December 19th were postponed. The home game against Salem has been postponed to January 31st, time to be announced. The home contest with Bluefield State College has been rescheduled to February 21st at 6:00 PM. ??????

Comment

Alderson Broaddus dropped an overtime decision to #23 Fairmont State 93-88.

I don't think any one can complain. The team was well prepared. I thought Coach Dye had the guys more than ready. They gave it their all. It is a good way to come off a long break where we had some postponements. I am guessing that Zach Simpkins is hurt since he didn't play last night nor against Bluefield State. I hope the effort and performance will be the same against Frostburg on Saturday.

It felt good watching us play old north-central WV rival Fairmont and not Hillsdale or Lake Erie.

Comment

Alderson Broaddus dropped an overtime decision to #23 Fairmont State 93-88.

I don't think any one can complain. The team was well prepared. I thought Coach Dye had the guys more than ready. They gave it their all. It is a good way to come off a long break where we had some postponements. I am guessing that Zach Simpkins is hurt since he didn't play last night nor against Bluefield State. I hope the effort and performance will be the same against Frostburg on Saturday.

It felt good watching us play old north-central WV rival Fairmont and not Hillsdale or Lake Erie.
              The WLU announcing crew kept updating us on the AB-Fairmont score. Sounds like it was a heck of a game. As a WLU fan, I would have loved to see AB cash in that upset!

Comment

Now that the fall sports are over, let's take a look:

Volleyball: This season goes 6-17 overall (by beating some bad non-conference teams) and 2-14 in the MEC
                Last season, they went 3-7 in the MEC.
                In 2019, they went 13-19 overall and 3-9 in the G-MAC
                In 2018, they went 8-22 and 2-17 in the G-MAC
                In 2017, they went 9-22 overall and 3-15 in the G-MAC
                In 2016, they went 6-27 overall and 3-7 in the G-MAC

In six seasons, this volleyball coach has gone 45-114 overall and in-conference has gone 16-69. Now here is the kicker! Prior to her becoming head coach, volleyball was 114-46 in conference play most of that in the WVIAC. We used to get really good volleyball players out of Ohio and WV. We don't any more. The record has almost gone completely opposite under her direction. I am sorry I have to be like this, but someone has to. When is enough....enough?
                The school has moved the women's volleyball coach to an administrative role. We will be getting a new volleyball coach.

Comment

?????
                  Photos c/o AB Athletics on Twitter ?
                  Last edited by crixus; 01-07-2022, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that, Crixus. I appreciated the reminder of how beautiful our great state is. Awesome photos!

Comment

The men stormed back from down 16 on the road to defeat Frostburg State. Jalen Knott hit another 3 at the horn to win it for the Battlers in a key road game. AB men are now 7-5 overall and 4-4 in the conference. Frostburg drops to 5-9 overall and 3-5 in the conference. We aren't the most talented team but these guys fight and play hard for each other. I credit Coach Dye for rallying this team at half....it didn't look good.

AB women win as well after a real long layoff. This is a heck of a young team that is 7-4 overall and 5-3 in the conference.

Mid-week trip to Charleston this week.

Comment

Hats off to former Alderson-Broaddus player and graduate Jeff Burkhamer for winning his 100th game as head coach of West Florida. He has 452 wins as a head coach at the small college level and is one heck of a coach. West Florida is currently 12-3 overall on the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                          Thanks for that, Crixus. I appreciated the reminder of how beautiful our great state is. Awesome photos!
                          I didn't take the photos, they're from AB Athletics Twitter account. But you're welcome, they are awesome photos for sure. :)

Comment

Tonight's Battlers game @ Charleston has been postponed. Next game is this Saturday vs West Virginia State in Philippi.

Comment

WV State beat AB on Saturday night, 81-68. The Battlers are now 7-6 overall and 4-5 MEC.

Comment

AB was without their starting backcourt on Saturday. I assume it was COVID. KJ Walker, our best player, and Jalen Knott did not play. I thought we tried hard but were hurting without key pieces.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X