Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alderson Broaddus got creamed by #15 West Liberty in Philippi tonight, 107-70. Ouch!

Comment

We weren't going to win at any rate, but KJ Walker is out. He is the leading scorer, leading assist man, and the leader. Eman Eman and Tahleik Walker didn't play. Knott is coming off COVID and played half of what he normally does. It is the sign of the times right now.

One thing has happened the last couple of games with guys out is that we are finding that some other players are stepping up. Freshman Fraser Larocque has 6 points and 6 boards and no turnovers in only 12 minutes. 5th-year senior John Grayson in 26 minutes had 2 points, 2 boards and 2 turnovers. Larocque needs to play a lot more.

Jadakis Mack, who I thought was an excellent recruit for this staff, has had two good games lately after being buried on the bench. He had 14 points and 5 boards last night against West Liberty. He shot 50%. He is very athletic too.

Let's hope Saturday we have a lot more guys back. Mack and Larocque seem to have warranted more minutes. We need a couple of guys that can play when the lights are turned on. I doubt we win again until KJ comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
        We weren't going to win at any rate, but KJ Walker is out. He is the leading scorer, leading assist man, and the leader. Eman Eman and Tahleik Walker didn't play. Knott is coming off COVID and played half of what he normally does. It is the sign of the times right now.

One thing has happened the last couple of games with guys out is that we are finding that some other players are stepping up. Freshman Fraser Larocque has 6 points and 6 boards and no turnovers in only 12 minutes. 5th-year senior John Grayson in 26 minutes had 2 points, 2 boards and 2 turnovers. Larocque needs to play a lot more.

Jadakis Mack, who I thought was an excellent recruit for this staff, has had two good games lately after being buried on the bench. He had 14 points and 5 boards last night against West Liberty. He shot 50%. He is very athletic too.

Let's hope Saturday we have a lot more guys back. Mack and Larocque seem to have warranted more minutes. We need a couple of guys that can play when the lights are turned on. I doubt we win again until KJ comes back.
        Walker is a very good player. It is a huge disadvantage when you have to play folks who are not familiar with each other. I saw indicatoons they were getting more comfortable in the second half. Could pay dividends in March with the added depth and experience.

Comment

Half Time

AB Battlers 41
          ND Falcons 41
          Last edited by crixus; 01-22-2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Alright, Battlers win by one. Whew! AB improves to 8-7 overall.

AB 71
            ND 70

Comment

That is a hell of a win......no KJ Walker, no Tahleik Walker, no Eman Eman, no Jadakis Mack, no Larocque. We got some health issues but these guys pull it out. I am really proud of these guys. They fought hard and found a way to win. Freshman Jalen Knott with 16 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, no turnovers and some good defense. Kid is going to be a player. Zach Simpkins with 17 points and Vincent Smalls with 11 points. We ever get the whole team back, I think we can make some noise. I commend our announce team. I can watch a game on TV and listen to audio of our game and know what is going on.

The women got a much needed win 89-65. Freshman NyShae Weaver with 20 points and 6 rebounds. Transfer Hannah Taylor with 17 points and 10 boards. Freshman Ariyan Douglas with 13 points and 11 assists and freshman Alexis Kuhlman with 15 points on 5 of 7 shooting from three-point land.

The men improve to 8-7 overall and 5-6 in the MEC. The women improve to 7-7 overall and 5-6 in the MEC. We have to weather a tough storm right now with the men's team. But I can't fault the effort or the coaching which have been excellent over the past two months. The women are going to have their ups and downs with that much youth but man, we have recruited some talent.

Comment

Battlers lose to Glenville State, 89-81. https://gobattlers.com/sports/mens-b.../boxscore/6258
                Last edited by crixus; 01-26-2022, 08:39 PM.

Comment

AB women defeat Concord 77-64 to improve to 8-8 overall and 6-7 in the MEC.

Freshman Nyshae Weaver leads the way with 20 points and 7 rebounds. Sophomore Iyahnna Williams with 18 points and 8 assists and 5 rebounds. Junior Hannah Taylor with 13 points and freshman Ariyan Douglas with 12 points and 5 assists.

Comment

4th game out of 5 that the men have now lost. Lose to Concord at home......another slow start.....a game we really should have won.

Jadakis Mack in 3 minutes had 4 points and no turnovers. Rice played 19 minutes.....did not score and had 4 turnovers.

You can't let a team like that open for 3s all game. This was an incredibly disappointing game in many facets. I will just shut up. We are 5-8 in the MEC which is starting to look like other seasons. The women are better in-conference at 6-7 and have a roster that is 85% freshmen.

Comment

Alderson Broaddus (10-10 & 7-9) has won two in a row. 83-70 over Davis & Elkins on Wednesday and 72-52 over West Virginia Wesleyan last night. Go Battlers!
                      Last edited by crixus; 02-06-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

We are currently 7th in the conference standings. We really need to stay there or move up to 6th in order to have any shot of winning a couple of games in the MEC tournament. Finishing 8th or 9th puts us in the same bracket as West Lib which we have not even come close to in the last 4 games. It will be tough to hold onto 7th seed as we finish the season at Notre Dame & Wheeling. We haven't been that great on the road.

Whether it has been the G-MAC or the MEC, Dye has shown he can beat the mid-pack and lower tier teams. But what real upset has he had in three years here? It would be nice if we could beat Fairmont or Charleston for a change. You can't move up if you don't beat an upper tier team. Zimmerman probably had a 80% to 85% winning percentage in his career against UC and Fairmont. Of course, we need to beat Frostburg at home on Wednesday. We hit a last second shot at their place. I am sure they will come gunning for us. If we can get the 7th seed, then we likely get D&E or Frostburg in the first round. If we fall to 8th or 9th, then we draw a Wheeling or a Glenville which is a much tougher task.

Last edited by JDonAB92; 02-06-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Looked at the A-B stats. IMHO the individuals are talented enough. But some stats indicate that maybe team basketball skills and synergy could improve.
                          • assist to turnover ratio is 1.1. Can they improve to1.5?
                          • steals to forced turnover is 43%. Opponents are 59%. can they improve team passing and protection of ball?
                          • 3 pt shooting is 30%. Are they rushing contested shots?
                          • Offensive rebounding % is 22% while opponents are 28%. Are they crashing boards in anticipation of shot?
                          easy part is looking at stats. Hard part is determining how to fix it.

Comment

Recruiting

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                              Recruiting
                              Do you think some coaches recruit players that can only win the pre-game warmup against unselfish teams that share the ball?
                              Is it the curse of AAU ball, by not teaching kids the team aspects of the game?

Comment

AB beat Frostburg State in Philippi on Wednesday, 74-72 and improve to 11-10 and 8-9. That's three wins in a row. Good job Battlers!

Next game is @ Fairmont State on Saturday (tomorrow).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X