Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice finish to the weekend in Erie as the VULCANS take down the CHARLESTON GOLDDN EAGLES 63-54 as D3 transfer Dejah Terrell puts on a show with 17 pts, 10 rbds and 3 blks. Brionna Allen added 10 pts and 7 rbds to the win. CAL takes their 2-0 record home to Angelo Dome and another meeting with the CAL U WBB ALUMNA ASSOCIATION otherwise known as the FAIRMONT STATE coaching staff on Thursday at 5:30.

Comment

At the half, VULCANS lead the FALCONS 50-35 led by D3 transfer DEJAH TERRELL with 22. ALYSSA DEANGELO leads FSU with 11.

Final from the ANGELO DOME CAL U 96 FSU 66. TERRELL-33 pts 11 rbds, LOYD-13pts 10asts, ALLEN-15pts.
      For the FALCONS DEANGELO and HALL 15 pts each.
      Last edited by CALUPA69; 11-18-2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I had occasion to review the VULCANS WBB roster and realized that athletically no one is a senior. Academically, Allen, Bennett, Harrison and Woodyard could be graduating in the spring and still return for the '22-'23.season. Since JS rarely loses players to competitors this bodes well for CAL U WBB fans.
        Last edited by CALUPA69; 11-19-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Backside of a home/home with CENTRAL STATE of Ohio. @CALU_wbb gets a nice workout for everyone who is physically able, 80-40. Biggest Ads for VULCANS were TO 39-19, STLS 17-9, ASST 23-3 and POTO 33-16.
          The team rests up through T'GIVING before heading out on their longest road trip to Northeast PA with BU on 12/3 and ESU on 12/4

Comment

Coach Jess talks about her VULCANS quick start after the crazy lapse in time. Weekend road trip to NE PA for @BU on Friday and @ESU on Saturday. Week off for finals followed by 3 empty campus "scrimmages" vs BSU, WCU and MILL before Christmas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcnkJN...ature=youtu.be

Comment

HAVE

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
                HAVE
                One would hope but this team has shown me an awful lot in a short time. Dejah Terrell appears to be the real thing with length, touch and speed. I don't recall any of the previous bigs being so adept at shot blocking. And Ciara Loyd gives me confidence pushing the offense that I haven't felt since Glenn/Fratz were running things. I've never seen video of Jess Strom leading the PSU WBB but my guess it looks something like what we're seeing. And as I mentioned above this is potentially a two year group since there are no athletic seniors. Positive outlook but realistic expectations for this season.

Comment

Exceedingly disappointed that VULCANS WBB dropped a 58-59 OT game to the BU HUSKIES. Was otherwise occupied and didn't see it but my expectations have dropped somewhat. More to come after watching the video.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                    Exceedingly disappointed that VULCANS WBB dropped a 58-59 OT game to the BU HUSKIES. Was otherwise occupied and didn't see it but my expectations have dropped somewhat. More to come after watching the video.
                    Wow

Comment

Comment

Don't know if it's any consolation but a bit over 7 years ago the first loss for the eventual NC team was at home to a FINDLAY team by the score of 66-74. UF WBB finished the season 15-11. It also was the 5th game of the season. Hold your breath until Saturday and see how they bounce back, then we'll see what they're made of.

Comment

Capture.jpg
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by hoops101; 12-04-2021, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Bloom had 33 turnovers and shouldn't have been in the game.

Comment

Inefficient, lack of discipline & game management (timeouts, rotation, execution, play calling). JS can't win the tight games

Comment

Originally posted by hoops101 View Post
                                Inefficient, lack of discipline & game management (timeouts, rotation, execution, play calling). JS can't win the tight games
                                Since you've only been here since Jan '20, may I presume you've only followed JS recently. If not then you haven't been paying attention. To say she can't win is not only statistically incorrect (career 25-18 games +/- 5pts) but when a coach has a career record of 216-62, #3 among current PSAC coaches, it is always a shock when her team loses. $#@& happens. You can't win them all. As I indicated above even the very best of her many strong teams lost an early season game they shouldn't have but managed to regroup and in the regionals/EE beat WLU 69-64, #15 BLOOM 72-69 OT, #18 NOVA-SE 84-79 OT, and #9 ESU 51-46. CAL U fans should thank their lucky stars that she has maintained the level of VULCANS WBB in a time of financial and existential crisis and not bailed to take one of many offers that , I feel certain have come her way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X