Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only locks in my mind are 1 Glenville - 8 Charleston rematch and 2 Cal - 7 Lincoln.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
      Only locks in my mind are 1 Glenville - 8 Charleston rematch and 2 Cal - 7 Lincoln.
      My guess is slightly different 1GSU-8 LINC, to avoid the rematch and 2 GU-7CHAS which will be kind of odd because of the possibility of eliminating 1-2 league champions in the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

My guess is slightly different 1GSU-8 LINC, to avoid the rematch and 2 GU-7CHAS which will be kind of odd because of the possibility of eliminating 1-2 league champions in the first round.

Comment

• Comment

• I actually phrased that wrong. Meant more that in my mind this year's MEC championship is more impressive than the CIAA and thus CHAS leapfrogs LINC into #7. Taking out the undefeated #1 team in the country does come with perks !

Comment

• Comment

• No and no.

My opinion.

Comment

Disappointing game, but all credit to GU for outstanding defensive effort. Earlier this year I pointed out on several occasions that the best way to thwart VULCANS WBB was to maintain disciplined ball handling, slow the game down and give up the outside shot because DT can't do it all herself. She had an off day but still came up with 17 pts, 14 rbds and 3 blks. Loyd had 15 pts but only 3 assts to go with 7 to. Thankfully the season isn't over and we may yet see #4.
                  Intriqued beyond belief how the Atlantic Region sorts out after the astounding upset that CHAS pulled off in the MEC. I've no idea how that bracket sets up. TIME will tell !!!

Out played & coached!

One player on the court with fresh legs & hustle. The coach wants to run the legs off the horse so be it, you wont win championship like that. She does not build the bench over the season to let players rest. If she wants to run them like that get in shape to be able to play back to back games. Hey coaches, don't play the players with injuries. Let them heal up, it might be better down the stretch.

You wont win championships with selfish & greedy play by Loyd & Terrell. They missed many open players with shots, but never passed the ball. Way to sloppy play with lots of turnovers because they were tired. They have 3 other players on the court and feel they need to do it all does not cut it. They need to get basketball & court IQ or go back to the playgrounds or DIII. Solid fundamental play & solid coaching will get you where you need to be at the end of the season. That sis not look like a defensive player of year by any stretch or a first teamer.

It will be interesting to see which team shows up vs IUP, selfish & greedy or one that wants to keep playing on.

Hard to beat a team 3 times in a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoops101 View Post

Out played & coached!

One player on the court with fresh legs & hustle. The coach wants to run the legs off the horse so be it, you wont win championship like that. She does not build the bench over the season to let players rest. If she wants to run them like that get in shape to be able to play back to back games. Hey coaches, don't play the players with injuries. Let them heal up, it might be better down the stretch.

You wont win championships with selfish & greedy play by Loyd & Terrell. They missed many open players with shots, but never passed the ball. Way to sloppy play with lots of turnovers because they were tired. They have 3 other players on the court and feel they need to do it all does not cut it. They need to get basketball & court IQ or go back to the playgrounds or DIII. Solid fundamental play & solid coaching will get you where you need to be at the end of the season. That sis not look like a defensive player of year by any stretch or a first teamer.

It will be interesting to see which team shows up vs IUP, selfish & greedy or one that wants to keep playing on.

No way to even comment to that.......stuff ?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by hoops101 View Post

Out played & coached!

Oooooookay then. Hope publicly calling out 18-22 year olds by name makes you feel better.

Gannon turned up the defense in the last 5 minutes and Cal started to play rushed and it snowballed. Players try to do too much individually. Seen that happen to GU plenty of times. Certainly frustrating as a fan but not worth individual criticism IMHO.

Comment

• Survive and Advance

Comment

• Another of many way off shooting days, FG-31.3%, 3PT-13.3%, is pulled out with last second Loyd put-back. Terrell ejection didn't help and I suspect she'll be unavailable for CHAS. Get ready to play, no time to analyse.

Without DT the VULCANS chances are probably less than 50/50 versus MEC champ CHAS. Three players who need to step up big time are Harrison, Bennett and Allen. They average 23.2 a game but will need to come up with 40 pts to offset the main scorer. My wild guess is that Fr guard Juliana Burris will start in place of DT and I expect her to come out shooting.
                          Last edited by CALUPA69; 03-11-2022, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Au revoir iup

Comment

Another of many way off shooting days, FG-31.3%, 3PT-13.3%, is pulled out with last second Loyd put-back. Terrell ejection didn't help and I suspect she'll be unavailable for CHAS. Get ready to play, no time to analyse.

Comment

Another of many way off shooting days, FG-31.3%, 3PT-13.3%, is pulled out with last second Loyd put-back. Terrell ejection didn't help and I suspect she'll be unavailable for CHAS. Get ready to play, no time to analyse.

Without DT the VULCANS chances are probably less than 50/50 versus MEC champ CHAS. Three players who need to step up big time are Harrison, Bennett and Allen. They average 23.2 a game but will need to come up with 40 pts to offset the main scorer. My wild guess is that Fr guard Juliana Burris will start in place of DT and I expect her to come out shooting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X