Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Two added to VULCANS MBB roster and I have no idea at all what the point of listing .20 players is. My guess is by the time the team picture is posted it will be 16-18.

https://calvulcans.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Bryson Lucas, 6'6" 190, Byrd HS, Clarksburg, WV seems interesting as 1st team All State averaged 17.5 ppg and 10.5 rpg. That is if he's even real.
    Look at some of DS's old team photos at Jesuit. They must have had 25 dudes in some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Look at some of DS's old team photos at Jesuit. They must have had 25 dudes in some of them.
      Yes, yes he would! And the other end of the spectrum was/is WLU were the number is never above 15 and sometimes as low as 12.

Comment

However many players are on the roster, I may not know who they are since less than a week until the opener and still no team photo !! What is DS hiding ???

Comment

Comment

Finally....

https://calvulcans.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Other than #s 1, 3, 5, 10, 12, 13 and J Hall (no number) the rest are all new. Fr Caden Sparks and JC Maxwell apparently missed photo day.

Comment

Very nice start in Charleston VULCANS over the EAGLES 96-92. Can't supply details yet as I was otherwise occupied but some small payback for 71-72 loss at SHEP in '19. More to follow.

Comment

Very nice start in Charleston VULCANS over the EAGLES 96-92. Can't supply details yet as I was otherwise occupied but some small payback for 71-72 loss at SHEP in '19. More to follow.
                That's a big win. Charleston was picked to finish second in the MEC in the preseason polls.

Comment

Very nicely distributed scoring PEGRAM-23, BOSWELL-20, ALSTON-18, COLLINS-16 and Fr PALEK- 13.

Comment

VULCANS edge out GSU, 93-89, by being better at one particular skill... FREE THROW SHOOTING !! CAL 32-37-86.5% versus GSU 10-24-41.7%. That's a 22 point spread in a 4 point game. Nuff said !!

Comment

VULCANS edge out GSU, 93-89, by being better at one particular skill... FREE THROW SHOOTING !! CAL 32-37-86.5% versus GSU 10-24-41.7%. That's a 22 point spread in a 4 point game. Nuff said !!
                      That's another good win. Vulcans are off to a great start!

Comment

41% FTs? Goodness

Last night the deep shot got ESU like that ... Warriors were 1-22 and still almost won.

Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-13-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

One other positive from this W over the PIONEERS is Fr Keith Palek. Following his 13pts vs UC on Friday, he came back with 17pts and 10 rbs in this one. He is scary thin at 6'8" and 215# and may not hold up to the pounding of college ball, but he does seem to have some inside moves. Time will tell.

Comment

One other positive from this W over the PIONEERS is Fr Keith Palek. Following his 13pts vs UC on Friday, he came back with 17pts and 10 rbs in this one. He is scary thin at 6'8" and 215# and may not hold up to the pounding of college ball, but he does seem to have some inside moves. Time will tell.
                            I was impressed with Palek. But let's just say that he looked very good playing MEC ball the last two nights. PSAC ball may be a different story for the youngster as the year goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I was impressed with Palek. But let's just say that he looked very good playing MEC ball the last two nights. PSAC ball may be a different story for the youngster as the year goes on.
                              Definitely a candidate for extra hours in the weight room but, all in all, I'd rather add bulk to a player than teach the HULK to play ball.

Comment

Behind Phil Alston 37pts/10rbds and Brent Pegram 34pts/11 rbds the VULCANS pull away from Franklin Pierce and win 104-84. Good chance for newbies like Lucas from WV to put in some minutes for 13pts/5rbds/5asst.
                                Next up first DH against FAIRMONT STATE in the ANGELO DOME with WBB at 5:30 and MBB following at 7:30.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X