Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Virginia State moves to the #2 seed in the Mountain East Conference standings. They had a good week.

What little I saw at the end, Anthony Pittman was just playing big boy basketball out there on Charleston. He dominated late in the game like I haven't seen a player do in this conference in quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
      West Virginia State moves to the #2 seed in the Mountain East Conference standings. They had a good week.

What little I saw at the end, Anthony Pittman was just playing big boy basketball out there on Charleston. He dominated late in the game like I haven't seen a player do in this conference in quite some time.
      Pittman is an absolute load to defend. A serious talent. But it's just odd that there are games he sorta just disappears. If he could find a way to "bring it" every night, he'd be a perennial conference POY.

Comment

Quarterfinal rounds are set for both the men and the women. The women begin quarterfinal play today while the men begin quarterfinal play tomorrow:

Women's bracket
        Noon #2 Charleston vs. #7 W.Va. State Watch | Live Stats | Postgame: Team A | Team B
        2:30 p.m. #3 West Liberty vs. #6 Fairmont State Watch | Live Stats | Postgame: Team A | Team B
        6 p.m. #1 Glenville State vs. #9 Wheeling Watch | Live Stats | Postgame: Team A | Team B
        8:30 p.m. #4 Concord vs. #5 Notre Dame Watch | Live Stats | Postgame: Team A | Team B

Men's bracket
        Noon #2 W.Va. State vs. #7 Alderson Broaddus Watch | Live Stats | Postgame: Team A | Team B
        2:30 p.m. #3 Charleston vs. #6 Concord Watch | Live Stats | Postgame: Team A | Team B
        6 p.m. #1 West Liberty vs. #9 Wheeling Watch | Live Stats | Postgame: Team A | Team B
        8:30 p.m. #4 Fairmont State vs. #5 Notre Dame Watch | Live Stats | Postgame: Team A | Team B

Comment

Afternoon session of the women's quarterfinal round:

#2 Charleston easily advances over #7 WV State 82-58

#3 West Liberty defeated #6 Fairmont State.....79-70. Fairmont really cut down a big deficit late in the game. Fairmont cut the lead to 73-70 behind some impressive shooting by Kotchman who is a fantastic player. I thought the difference at the end was when Fairmont cut the lead to 73-70 and had the ball and their coach elected not to call timeout. Instead she let Kotchman shoot a 3 from about 26 feet which drew nothing. West Lib's coach next called a timeout and ran the offense to Tingle who made an impressive spin move followed by a drop step to make it 75-70. West Lib only dressed 8 players and Tingle is playing injured with that right wrist heavily taped.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
            Afternoon session of the women's quarterfinal round:

#2 Charleston easily advances over #7 WV State 82-58

#3 West Liberty defeated #6 Fairmont State.....79-70. Fairmont really cut down a big deficit late in the game. Fairmont cut the lead to 73-70 behind some impressive shooting by Kotchman who is a fantastic player. I thought the difference at the end was when Fairmont cut the lead to 73-70 and had the ball and their coach elected not to call timeout. Instead she let Kotchman shoot a 3 from about 26 feet which drew nothing. West Lib's coach next called a timeout and ran the offense to Tingle who made an impressive spin move followed by a drop step to make it 75-70. West Lib only dressed 8 players and Tingle is playing injured with that right wrist heavily taped.
            It looks to me like West Liberty vs. Charleston might be for a regional spot.

Comment

Comment

Charleston already has a decided numerical advantage which is being offset by the sweep; if they win the third meeting, the numerical advantage will grow larger, and WLU winning two out of three won't offset it.

Comment

#1 Glenville leads Wheeling at the half 50-18. Give credit to Wheeling, I thought they played even from the 7 minute mark of the 2nd period on.

Glenville led 35-7 at the end of the 1st quarter. They just come at you in waves and they are tenacious.

Comment

#1 Glenville State advances to the MEC semi-final round by defeating Wheeling Jesuit 105-45. Lady Pioneers will play the winner of the next game between Concord & Notre Dame.

Comment

WVSU is getting all they want from AB

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                        WVSU is getting all they want from AB
                        I think WVSU is in good shape to make the regional... but they probably shouldn't risk this.

Comment

WV State is trouble.

Comment

I just ran the numbers and I think WVSU will still be okay if they lose this.

Comment

Comment

They called a horrible technical on AB earlier for a guy yelling after dunking

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X