Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice weekend for the VULCANS MBB and WBB teams. DS men took two tight ones vs CHARLESTON 96-92 and GSC 93-89.
    Meanwhile in Erie JS VULCANS WBB stopped WLU 76-60 before battling CHARLESTON for a 63-54 win.
    Good start to real basketball again !!!
    ??????

Comment

In men's action, Clarion defeated Frostburg State 82-76.

Glenville's women defeated West Chester by 20.

Comment

In men's action, Fairmont leads Salem 34-29 at the half.

Comment

Fairmont starts strong second half to lead by 10 to 13 points and pulls away at the end 71-52.

Comment

After two games at Baylor, it looks like Dale Bonner is the 10th man (per minutes played, at least). He's averaged 13.0 mpg in the Bears' two blowout wins. I was expecting him to take a redshirt this year. But, being 10th means he's not that far away from playing. Every team will have injuries throughout the season.

The big guy from Northern State (Parker Fox) who transferred to Minnesota is likely out for the season due to an injury sustained in the preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              After two games at Baylor, it looks like Dale Bonner is the 10th man (per minutes played, at least). He's averaged 13.0 mpg in the Bears' two blowout wins. I was expecting him to take a redshirt this year. But, being 10th means he's not that far away from playing. Every team will have injuries throughout the season.

The big guy from Northern State (Parker Fox) who transferred to Minnesota is likely out for the season due to an injury sustained in the preseason.
              And as Layton reported on the WLU thread, Bolon is on crutches after two games at College of Charleston. Tough to see guys sustain injuries when they're so close to their dream. Hate that for Bolon and Fox.

And definitely rooting for Bonner to rise in the ranks at Baylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

And as Layton reported on the WLU thread, Bolon is on crutches after two games at College of Charleston. Tough to see guys sustain injuries when they're so close to their dream. Hate that for Bolon and Fox.

And definitely rooting for Bonner to rise in the ranks at Baylor.
                I guess the only good news for Bolon and Fox is the injuries happened so early they can take a medical redshirt season (if they want).

Comment

WV State loses by 21 points at Millersville and Wheeling loses by 18 points at Malone. I am a little surprised by those two margins. I know Malone was supposed to be pretty good this year, but I thought that one would be closer. Charleston barely got by ECSU. D&E beat Seton Hill. Concord beat Bluefield State. AB beat Ohio Dominican. West Lib beat UPJ on the road. Shepherd beat Frostburg State.

Comment

Non-basketball, but a good day for the Mountain East Conference so far:

WV State defeats Shepherd in women's volleyball in the NCAA tournament.

Concord's women soccer defeats West Chester 1-0 in NCAA tourney action.

Comment

Sad to see, but not surprised....Ohio Valley University is shutting down.

https://www.mariettatimes.com/news/l...vote-to-close/

Comment

University of Charleston has advanced to the NCAA D2 Men's Soccer National Championship game with a victory over Indianapolis in the final four match.

Comment

Fairmont State has made an administrative decision to not allow fans at FSU home contests.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                            Fairmont State has made an administrative decision to not allow fans at FSU home contests.
                            It's only a matter of time before that becomes SOP for the league I would guess. As one of the PSAC fans mentioned elsewhere, the NCAA is unlikely to call off playoffs again this year, so I would assume that means the leagues might try to protect their own contending teams by mandating empty gyms league-wide.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                              I'd assume this will be the norm for most of our teams in the very near future.

The PSAC (or the school) is requiring masks to be worn but nobody is listening -- and they aren't enforcing anything. Most games I've attended (at a couple different schools as well as IUP) ... seems to be about 10% or 20% complying.

With numbers spiking again ... I'd be shocked if they are letting fans in much longer. Hopefully the leagues continue to actually play.

It's scary, Covid-wise, to think about all the regular students returning to campuses here in the coming weeks.

Comment

Glenville State women defeated Wheeling Jesuit 141-55....good grief.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X