Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd assume this will be the norm for most of our teams in the very near future.

The PSAC (or the school) is requiring masks to be worn but nobody is listening -- and they aren't enforcing anything. Most games I've attended (at a couple different schools as well as IUP) ... seems to be about 10% or 20% complying.

With numbers spiking again ... I'd be shocked if they are letting fans in much longer. Hopefully the leagues continue to actually play.

It's scary, Covid-wise, to think about all the regular students returning to campuses here in the coming weeks.
    Gannon looked like there were a lot of masks being worn last night but that was from a TV view.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
      Glenville State women defeated Wheeling Jesuit 141-55....good grief.
      That's running up a score. There are stall tactics to prevent bush league stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That's running up a score. There are stall tactics to prevent bush league stuff like that.
        You got some bad blood to drop 141 on somebody. LOL. Good Lord.

Comment

Saw Glenville State has a win over Fairmont and a loss this past weekend to West Virginia Wesleyan.

Strange game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

They seem determined to make enemies as that's hardly the only time they've run it up this year....116-51 over NDC, 133-65 over ABU, 106-34 over DEC and 98-38 over WVW. Better hope they never need a favor or an ally in some league decision. Oddly their closest game was 81-79 over 9-7 BLOOM in November.

Comment

I'm not sure it has anything to do with ill will (although I realize that D&E and AB might not see it that way). Glenville's women's team is modeled almost directly after the WLU men's team's approach. Full-court press, 40 minutes of hell, run & gun, etc. And I think both Glenville's women and WLU's men would tell you that once you've calibrated yourself to play that way, it's very difficult to dial it back without a steep decline in quality (it gets really sloppy really quickly when those teams try to take their foot off the gas). The problem the GSC women face is that the talent disparity on the women's side is a bit steeper, so their scores end up looking a heck of a lot worse than WLU men's scores when they play similar foes. WLU men beat D&E 100-69, which looks at least a little better than the 106-34 beating GSC put on D&E's women.

Comment

I really don't have a problem with it. I just posted the GSC vs Wheeling score because that was an 86-point margin of victory. Glenville has to play their style because they want to win a regional.

My thing is this: if you are a player and a competitor, then you should recognize you need to get better after taking a butt-whoopin. I don't believe in the feel-sorry-for-yourself mentality.

They beat AB by 68. I have no issue with it. We had a team comprised of 85% freshman. My only thing is this: if and a big IF, we can return to sender about 4 years from now, nothing should be uttered from Glenville State. I would hope our women's program can continue to grow where we can lay one on them one day.

Comment

I really don't have a problem with it. I just posted the GSC vs Wheeling score because that was an 86-point margin of victory. Glenville has to play their style because they want to win a regional.

My thing is this: if you are a player and a competitor, then you should recognize you need to get better after taking a butt-whoopin. I don't believe in the feel-sorry-for-yourself mentality.

They beat AB by 68. I have no issue with it. We had a team comprised of 85% freshman. My only thing is this: if and a big IF, we can return to sender about 4 years from now, nothing should be uttered from Glenville State. I would hope our women's program can continue to grow where we can lay one on them one day.
                  I have less issue with mbb since most teams have a decent collection of average college players and should be able to put up some sort of fight. The wbb program at many schools seems more like an effort to comply with Title IX and not much more. As I said play your game as you see fit but if some issue comes up conference wide and you favor one side, don't be surprised if you have fewer allies than you might have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I have less issue with mbb since most teams have a decent collection of average college players and should be able to put up some sort of fight. The wbb program at many schools seems more like an effort to comply with Title IX and not much more. As I said play your game as you see fit but if some issue comes up conference wide and you favor one side, don't be surprised if you have fewer allies than you might have thought.
                    It is different for sure between the two sides. Even the worst men's teams in our region are capable on a given night of putting up a fight. We've seen it in the past week with Seton Hill and Mansfield taking some heavyweights to the wire on more than one occasion. West Virginia Wesleyan, which has been curb-stomped most of the season, somehow beat Glenville State the other night.

The women's side, year after year, seems to be a season of the haves vs the have-nots. The bottom teams in most of our leagues are really bad most years. If you break down a season, the number of massive blowouts on the women's side is absurd. The PSAC, with the exception of when a couple of the teams play each other, is routinely full of blowouts night after night.

Getting back to the current subject, there are times a team just can't help but beating a team by 80 points. Slippery Rock beat Clarion in football this year, 75-0, and I was told by people in their program they did everything possible to keep it at 'just' 75-0. In basketball, if you empty the bench and your 8-12 players come in and beat up their starters ... other than holding the ball for a shot-clock turnover every possession ... not much you can do. The deep bench kids want to play, too.

Whole different subject, obviously, if the team blowing the other team out of the building is still playing its starters with minutes to go.

Comment

Big one on tap tonight.

Fairmont State at West Virginia State.

Both are on 8-game winning streaks.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Big one on tap tonight.

Fairmont State at West Virginia State.

Both are on 8-game winning streaks.
                        All depends on which version of the Yellow Jackets show up. When they're focused, they're as tough an out as anyone. When they're lackadaisical, anyone can beat them. They're tough to figure out. I expect Fairmont to take care of business but not without a fight.

Comment

I guess the focused and intense Yellow Jackets are the ones that showed up. WVSU picks up a big win over Fairmont!

Comment

Fairmont State by 15 over Charleston in a big MEC game.

Comment

Down by 15 points at half, Frostburg State outscores Fairmont State 48-28 in the second half to stun the Falcons 80-75.

WV State is playing well. They take out Charleston today in Institute 81-73. Jackets have some serious talent.

Comment

Down by 15 points at half, Frostburg State outscores Fairmont State 48-28 in the second half to stun the Falcons 80-75.

WV State is playing well. They take out Charleston today in Institute 81-73. Jackets have some serious talent.
                                Wow. That is a TERRIBLE loss for Fairmont State.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X