Shaw - Forgotten
    St. Aug. - Best of the worst
    JCSU - Has the season started?
    Clafin - I forgot you were in the CIAA
    WSSU - Looks are deceiving beating SIAC teams
    Livingstone - Wake me up when the tourney starts
    I concur.

https://theciaa.com/news/2021/9/30/c...of-finish.aspx
    Last edited by LULions; 12-12-2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I love my VSU but if you look at the article you referenced MAN DID THEY GET IT WRONG! It's a little over a 1/3 of the way through the season and I can tell you for sure those predictions are and will be very wrong.

All CIAA Team

Antwan Miles, Virginia State - He doesn't even start! He could be special if he played more.
      Francis Fitzgerald, Virginia State - Clearly the best player but he may only take 5-10 shots a game.

I'm very frustrated watching this team. Clearly we are betting on the 7 foot guy to make our season good.

I will say our women's team has had a bunch of injuries. If we get our full stable of players, I can see us reaching the CIAA finals. They should have won against Shepherd.

I'm keeping an eye on Lincoln MBB and WBB teams.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
        I love my VSU but if you look at the article you referenced MAN DID THEY GET IT WRONG! It's a little over a 1/3 of the way through the season and I can tell you for sure those predictions are and will be very wrong.

All CIAA Team

Antwan Miles, Virginia State - He doesn't even start! He could be special if he played more.
        Francis Fitzgerald, Virginia State - Clearly the best player but he may only take 5-10 shots a game.

I'm very frustrated watching this team. Clearly we are betting on the 7 foot guy to make our season good.

I will say our women's team has had a bunch of injuries. If we get our full stable of players, I can see us reaching the CIAA finals. They should have won against Shepherd.

I'm keeping an eye on Lincoln MBB and WBB teams.
        https://theciaa.com/news/2021/12/13/...-honors-5.aspx

Comment

Update on the (Men's) CIAA:

Northern Division
          TEAM CIAA OVERALL
          Lincoln 4-0 11-4
          Virginia Union 3-0 10-3
          Elizabeth City State 3-3 10-6
          Bowie State 1-1 3-10
          Virginia State 2-3 5-7
          Shaw 0-3 4-5
          Southern Division
          TEAM CIAA OVERALL
          Fayetteville State 3-0 8-5
          Winston-Salem State 3-2 9-4
          Claflin 2-4 3-12
          Livingstone 1-2 4-5
          St. Augustine's 1-2 3-10
          Johnson C. Smith 0-3 3-8

Comment

On another note, Bluefield State (WV) has applied for membership in the CIAA.

Comment

Yikes... what a mess this is turning into. Could be interesting especially with Covid taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                On another note, Bluefield State (WV) has applied for membership in the CIAA.
                That could be intetesting. Coach Devin Hoehn is from the Jim Crutchfield coaching tree,. Opponents will experience the west liberty pressure on makes and misses. In their first year, they are forcing many turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                  Yikes... what a mess this is turning into. Could be interesting especially with Covid taking over.
                  Looks like a 1-bid league as of now. Odd to see Bowie and VSU struggling.

Comment

I would say VUU would be a lock to win the tourney but it's really between 3 teams.

1. VUU
                    2. Lincoln
                    3. Livingstone - They are scary. They have length, size and good coaching.

WSSU has an outside chance but not likely.

Comment

I would say VUU would be a lock to win the tourney but it's really between 3 teams.

1. VUU
                      2. Lincoln

When Ship lost to you guys at the beginning of the season without Jake Biss I didn't figure that was a bad loss, given Virginia State's usual record. Things look different now. On the other hand, Ship's victory over Virginia Union the same weekend now looks like one of our best wins of the year.

Comment

1. VUU
                        2. Lincoln

The way we are playing we could be out in the first round or win the whole thing. With 6 OT games so far this season and bunch of games decided by 6 points or less, about the only thing I would bet on is that any game(s) we play in will be close.

I think it's also interesting how the CIAA changed up seeding this year. No more division seeding, just straight 12 teams seeded based on overall conference record. It's more fair when you have a stronger division, but sucks when you are WSSU and win your division but still end up with a lower seed then a team from your division.

Comment

Another year and even though we're a fourth of the way through yet you can already tell the best 4 teams in the CIAA.

1. VUU
                          2. VSU
                          3. WSSU
                          4. Claflin

Honorable mention: Lincoln

I thought about putting WSSU ahead of VSU but in my ranking SOS matters.

You can argue the top 2 should be undefeated. Bad breaks.
                          Last edited by GoVSUTrojans; 11-30-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

It does look to be a strong year in the CIAA. It'll be interesting to see if the CIAA can get back to having 2 teams in the Regional (it's been a couple of years since that was the case, if I recall).

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                              It does look to be a strong year in the CIAA. It'll be interesting to see if the CIAA can get back to having 2 teams in the Regional (it's been a couple of years since that was the case, if I recall).
                              It has. The last couple years the league didn't do real well in non-conference and then once league play starts they really cannibalize one another.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X