Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Can you imagine an ESU/WLU match in the regionals? Press press press press!
    I watched them play several years ago in the Regional at the KCAC (2018, I think). Yeah, it was pretty intense. I felt bad for the officials. They all looked like they were going to die by halftime.

ESU is going to be a major problem this year for everybody -- WL and IUP included. They are extremely deep, talented and have (physical) bigs who can thrive in that system.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I watched them play several years ago in the Regional at the KCAC (2018, I think). Yeah, it was pretty intense. I felt bad for the officials. They all looked like they were going to die by halftime.

ESU is going to be a major problem this year for everybody -- WL and IUP included. They are extremely deep, talented and have (physical) bigs who can thrive in that system.
      Yes, I was there too. It was crazy fast! That Smith kid was a freshman and was a stud, god rest his soul.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
        Bowie plays Augusta on Thursday. What if.....
        Was not impressed with Bowie when they came to Ship. Guards were talented, but they had no inside game, which is very unusual for a CIAA team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Was not impressed with Bowie when they came to Ship. Guards were talented, but they had no inside game, which is very unusual for a CIAA team.
          Bowie has to chill on the non-conference scheduling. Good Lord.

I get the 'anybody, anytime' philosophy and you have to respect it . But, man, they dig such a deep hole they can't get out of it. I think they are like 2-7 now and went 0-5 vs. the PSAC. They still have West Liberty coming up, too.

I've watched several of their games this year. One thIng I can tell you is you don't get the same Bowie every night.

That's a team that scored 100 on East Stroudsburg (gave up 110). I get the press leads to easy buckets but that's a lot of points.

When they played IUP they were tough and very aggressive but couldn't hit the side of a barn for much of the night and barely scored in the low 50s. I saw them play Millersville and go through the motions for long stretches. I didn't get to see the Ship game.

They show flashes but can't seem to put a full 40 together. There's certainly talent on that roster.

Having seen Bowie and Winston-Salem in person, I'd bet heavy that WSSU will blow them out of the gym.

Bowie has been famous, however, for these slow starts and then they catch fire in FEB. The CIAA Tournament is nuts. Never know who will win that bad boy.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Bowie has to chill on the non-conference scheduling. Good Lord.

I get the 'anybody, anytime' philosophy and you have to respect it . But, man, they dig such a deep hole they can't get out of it. I think they are like 2-7 now and went 0-5 vs. the PSAC. They still have West Liberty coming up, too.

I've watched several of their games this year. One thIng I can tell you is you don't get the same Bowie every night.

That's a team that scored 100 on East Stroudsburg (gave up 110). I get the press leads to easy buckets but that's a lot of points.

When they played IUP they were tough and very aggressive but couldn't hit the side of a barn for much of the night and barely scored in the low 50s. I saw them play Millersville and go through the motions for long stretches. I didn't get to see the Ship game.

They show flashes but can't seem to put a full 40 together. There's certainly talent on that roster.

Having seen Bowie and Winston-Salem in person, I'd bet heavy that WSSU will blow them out of the gym.

Bowie has been famous, however, for these slow starts and then they catch fire in FEB. The CIAA Tournament is nuts. Never know who will win that bad boy.
            They just couldn't board with Ship. I'll be surprised if Virginia Union, Virginia State, and Winston-Salem don't handle them.

Comment

WSSU gets road win at Elizabeth City State to snap two-game CIAA losing streak

https://journalnow.com/sports/colleg...db3b6cbe2.html

Isaac Parson scored 22 points and Samage Teel added 14 as Winston-Salem State snapped a two-game CIAA losing streak with a 75-72 win at the Vaughan Center at Elizabeth City State on Monday night.

The Rams (11-4, 3-3 CIAA) went 1-2 on their three-game road trip to open up 2023. The Vikings, who are in last place in the Northern Division, fell to 6-10 and 1-5 in the CIAA.

Jaylon Gibson added nine points and seven rebounds for the Rams and DyQuavis Wilkins had eight points and five rebounds off the bench.

Coach Cleo Hill Jr. tweaked his starting lineup with K.C. Shaw starting in place of Teel, who played 23 minutes but was effective all over the court. Teel was 5 of 7 on free throws and Parson was 7 of 10 from the line.

Helping the Rams get the win was they went 23 of 33 from the free throw line and had 13 assists on their 22 baskets.

Tre Richardson led the Vikings with 18 points and Eric Butler scored 16 points and had six rebounds. Jaquantae Harris helped out with 13 points and five rebounds as the Vikings shot 46% from the field.

Comment

Claflin lost to Lincoln. With their SOS they can't afford to lose games like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                  Claflin lost to Lincoln. With their SOS they can't afford to lose games like that.
                  They’re going to lose more.

Comment

Last night Virginia State defeats Johnson C. Smith 86-81 in 2OT to remain undefeated in conference play.

Comment

WSSU wins 2023 CIAA Men's Basketball Championship

https://www.wxii12.com/article/north...ship/43082612#

Winston-Salem State University Men's Basketball won the 2023 CIAA Champion at the CFG Bank Arena in Baltimore on Saturday, according to the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association.

It's their first tournament title since 2020, and 13th overall.

The Rams claimed their No.5 spot with a 62-57 win over Lincoln University.

The win also earned the Rams (21-8 overall) an automatic bid to the NCAA Division II playoffs in the Atlantic Region.

Comment

After watching the Chris Paul tournament, they might as well hand the CIAA trophy to WSSU now.

After the first handful of games, it appears we are just going to beat each other up come conference play and one team will make the playoffs.

On team that is sort of a wildcard this year is St. Aug. They have 7 footer they looks like he may be a problem for some teams.

Besides WSSU and St. Aug., everyone else looks mediocre.

It's still early in the season and a lot could change but I feel when conference play starts, the season is essentially over in the one maybe two bid CIAA.

Comment

After watching the Chris Paul tournament, they might as well hand the CIAA trophy to WSSU now.

After the first handful of games, it appears we are just going to beat each other up come conference play and one team will make the playoffs.

On team that is sort of a wildcard this year is St. Aug. They have 7 footer they looks like he may be a problem for some teams.

It's still early in the season and a lot could change but I feel when conference play starts, the season is essentially over in the one maybe two bid CIAA.
                          Thanks for the update. I am interested to see how Bluefield State fares. They play the west liberty style, but they have quite the rebuilding job.

Comment

Fayetteville State beat (then) #10 Augusta on November 14th [77-76.] Obviously, the season is still very early, so rankings don't mean a lot, but Augusta is usually a good D2 team.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Wondered what had been going on in the CIAA. Doesn't sound as if Virginia Union and Virginia State are as strong as usual.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X