Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY?

I watched some BB games on the PSAC Channel.
    Why, I ask do they not broadcast the US National Anthem?

It's pretty rare that they broadcast any pregame activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
      I watched some BB games on the PSAC Channel.
      Why, I ask do they not broadcast the US National Anthem?

Comment

You had to watch the UPJ broadcast today. Be lucky if you got to see more than half the game.

That is even a worse broadcast than Joe Frat putting the game on Snapchat.

Comment

Comment

I think the National Anthem can be stirring and inspiring when it is performed at patriotic events such as Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, etc. I'm not sure why a Division II basketball game is a patriotic event.

Comment

"Who's patriotic enough" is a bothersome exercise.

Comment

Unless the anthem is sung REALLY well by a live performer, it doesn't make for compelling content. If you don't have the band properly wired up for sound it can sound very muddy coming into a microphone that's on the other side of the court. Pro tip: Cue up Whitney Houston's performance on your phone and have it ready before you watch any game.

Comment

Wow I'm surprised how much people don't care to honor Our US Flag and what it represents. I know we all have a choice and its yours.
                  Seems silly they're playing the Nat'l Anthem the players are standing facing the flag, the video is still broadcasting and the announcers
                  hold the mute button while they wait until its done playing.
                  As far as the pros go I haven't an NBA game in about 9 yrs, NFL maybe 2 in the las 4yrs. It just a way for owners to avoid any controversy.
                  It use to be a staple on pro games to honor those that gave the ultimate.
                  I know I grew up in a different time ( WW 2 baby), hell I even enlisted during Nam. Yes I served & proud of it. Hell a tear comes to my eye
                  when I hear taps for I remember my brothers who no longer are here.
                  Sorry guys the choice is yours but I too have my choice.

Comment

Wow I'm surprised how much people don't care to honor Our US Flag and what it represents. I know we all have a choice and its yours.
                    Seems silly they're playing the Nat'l Anthem the players are standing facing the flag, the video is still broadcasting and the announcers
                    As far as the pros go I haven't an NBA game in about 9 yrs, NFL maybe 2 in the las 4yrs. It just a way for owners to avoid any controversy.
                    I know I grew up in a different time ( WW 2 baby), hell I even enlisted during Nam. Yes I served & proud of it. Hell a tear comes to my eye
                    Last edited by IUPalum; 01-31-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

If you were in the armed forces, thank you for your service.

Comment

Where did any of us say any of that?? Thanks for serving our country.

Comment

I think your frustration is well-intended if the anthem isn't being played/performed at all, but it almost always is as far as I know. Its just not included on the broadcast. To me, two entirely different things.

FWIW, I agree with the feeling that I don't understand why its played anyway. This isn't the general custom in other countries. For example, they don't play GSTQ before Premier League games.

Comment

I don't think anyone on this thread said they wouldn't honor the anthem. If it is played I stand at attention, take off my hat if I'm wearing one, and even sing along if the spirit moves me. This I do in respect to my ancestors, some of whom came to North America as early as 1630 and whom have fought in most of the conflicts on this continent and abroad. I simply said I don't see the necessity of playing the anthem at every football and basketball game, etc., and frankly I tend to see more disrespectful behavior toward the anthem at sports contests than I do at other venues. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, getting into a contest over who is the most patriotic gets old very quickly. I'm certainly seen a helluva lot of actions in the this country recently that I consider unpatriotic and even downright seditious, but no need to get into them on a sports thread. As others have said, thank you for serving.

Comment

I
                              Last edited by Ship69; 01-31-2022, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X