Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest PA Announcer yesterday at ESU/Shipppensburg

What do you do when your normal PA person is unavailable?! You go to the Facebook dedicated to PA announcers and ask for help. Devin Thompson is the PA announcer for the Georgia Bulldogs basketball games. He answered the message Friday and arrived in the Lehigh Valley at 2AM Saturday, taking a flight that was delayed 3 hours by the storm we had this weekend. He works for one of the airlines, so his flight was free. He paid for a hotel at a discounted rate, and when the game was over he refused to take payment for the games. He also said he wanted to make it a yearly occasion. I had the chance to interview him on the air in between games. He's a class act, and a great example of someone who loves what he does. BTW, he also brought his wife because she had never been to PA. Can you believe that?? All true...

Great story. I certainly noticed that the PA announcer was really getting into his work at the game, but I had no idea he was a guest. It would be cool if he does come back.

Comment

Gannon had the Cavs PA announcer for the Mercyhurst doubleheader earlier in January. The regular guy was out and he did it for a friend in the GU athletic department. The regular announcer at GU is good but the Cavs guy was incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
        Gannon had the Cavs PA announcer for the Mercyhurst doubleheader earlier in January. The regular guy was out and he did it for a friend in the GU athletic department. The regular announcer at GU is good but the Cavs guy was incredible.
        He's a proud Edinboro grad. Probably doing it as a favor to former Edinboro SID Bob Shreve who's now at Gannon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X