Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    Not exactly a Who's Who of D1 programs. IUP, Lincoln Memorial, West Texas A&M, etc. are more more renowned basketball programs than most of those. I mean, I get it on one level (swag, bright lights, etc.), but on the other level, it doesn't make a lick of sense.
    I don't know about renowned, but Loyola of Chicago has been to two final fours and won a national championship, and Indiana State did pretty well with Larry Bird, so certainly not unknown programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I don't know about renowned, but Loyola of Chicago has been to two final fours and won a national championship
      Oh absolutely. No argument there. But we already knew that Alston was a LEGIT portal kinda guy. So it's no surprise that he landed the prize in terms of jumping up. Alston is who the portal was built for. But of course. 300 other guys have joined him there.

My point was merely that I'm not sure guys are gaining anything (other than a story to tell at barbecues later in life) by heading to Valpo or College of Charleston.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Oh absolutely. No argument there. But we already knew that Alston was a LEGIT portal kinda guy. So it's no surprise that he landed the prize in terms of jumping up. Alston is who the portal was built for. But of course. 300 other guys have joined him there.

My point was merely that I'm not sure guys are gaining anything (other than a story to tell at barbecues later in life) by heading to Valpo or College of Charleston.

Comment

• FYI 4/18/2022 D2 Transfer portal update - Data from verbalcommits.com
          • 293 teams have at least one player in the D2 portal. There are just over 300 teams in D2.
          • 859 players in D2 portal
          • 57 teams have five or more in the portal - growth of 10% since last week
          • Only 88 (10%) players have found new schools - vast majority are other D2 schools (in some cases D3). Very few D1 schools
          • only 13 players (1.5%) found D1 homes among 9 D1 schools
          • Only 3 D1 schools were ranked under #150 - I suspect high level D2 school would be evenly matched (at least) with schools ranked lower than #150.
          • The highest Poll Ranking for a D1 school was #28 (loyola of Chicago)
          • A more relevant stat would be total points or minutes entering the transfer portal by team and separate graduate transfers from underclassmen. But I am not aware of a free database that consolidates all players statistics.
          • As Disraeli said, "there are lies, d**n lies, then there are statistics

D1 Schools getting D2 Players 4/18/22
          D1Dest D1
          D1 Basketball Rank School Player Class D2 School
          Count of New School
          Total
          28 Loyola Chicago Philip Alston SO California (PA) 1
          Loyola Chicago Total 1
          29 Murray State Quincy Anderson RS SO Minnesota State 1
          Murray State Total 1
          144 College of Charleston Ante Brzovi? FR Southeastern Oklahoma State 1
          Pat Robinson III JR West Liberty 1
          College of Charleston Total 2
          189 Troy Aamer Muhammad SO Lubbock Christian 1
          Troy Total 1
          207 Valparaiso Nick Edwards JR Glenville State 1
          Quinton Green RS JR Cedarville 1
          Valparaiso Total 2
          221 Eastern Washington Linton Acliese III RS SR San Francisco State 1
          Eastern Washington Total 1
          238 Indiana State Cade McKnight RS JR Truman State 1
          Masen Miller FR Truman State 1
          Trenton Gibson JR Tusculum 1
          Indiana State Total 3
          318 Central Michigan Erwin Weary, Jr. RS SO Western Washington 1
          Central Michigan Total 1
          342 Idaho State Brock Mackenzie JR Point Loma Nazarene 1
          Idaho State Total 1
          Grand Total 13

Schools with 5 or more in the portal
          1 13
          2 Cameron 10
          3 9
          4 Tusculum 9
          5 West Alabama 9
          6 Drury 8
          7 Glenville State 8
          8 8
          9 University of the Sciences 8
          10 Angelo State 7
          11 Chadron State 7
          12 Hawaii Pacific 7
          13 Kutztown 7
          14 Minnesota State 7
          15 Northwood 7
          16 Pace 7
          17 Virginia State 7
          18 7
          19 American International 6
          20 Cal State East Bay 6
          21 California (PA) 6
          22 Catawba 6
          23 Central Missouri 6
          24 Chowan 6
          25 Coker 6
          26 Le Moyne 6
          27 6
          28 Newman 6
          29 Notre Dame (OH) 6
          30 Seton Hill 6
          31 St. Cloud State 6
          32 Texas A&M International 6
          33 Tiffin 6
          34 Western New Mexico 6
          35 Adams State 5
          36 Alderson Broaddus 5
          37 Belmont Abbey 5
          38 Black Hills State 5
          39 Chaminade 5
          40 Charleston 5
          41 Eastern New Mexico 5
          42 Flagler 5
          43 5
          44 King 5
          45 Lincoln (MO) 5
          46 Lindenwood 5
          47 Mississippi College 5
          48 Northern State 5
          49 Palm Beach Atlantic 5
          50 Pittsburg State 5
          51 Quincy 5
          52 Southwest Baptist 5
          53 Trevecca Nazarene 5
          54 Truman State 5
          55 USC Aiken 5
          56 West Chester 5
          57 West Liberty 5

Comment

• This guy seems to be making a career of changing teams.....maybe he'll settle in Oakland.

https://mobile.twitter.com/portal_up...63750302261249

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              This guy seems to be making a career of changing teams.....maybe he'll settle in Oakland.

https://mobile.twitter.com/portal_up...63750302261249
              Capel is looking for mercenaries. He fits the bill.

Comment

It seems the Loyola Ramblers are big believers in the possibilities of the TP.......

https://mobile.twitter.com/portal_up...58705550200839
                I'll watch that with interest. Always have had a fondness for the Ramblers as I was living in the Chicago area when they won the national championship in '63 and saw several of their games on TV.

Comment

• Scott Woodring, big from Mansfield.

Comment

It seems the Loyola Ramblers are big believers in the possibilities of the TP.......

https://mobile.twitter.com/portal_up...58705550200839
                    And yet another new RAMBLER.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/portal_up...22975263059974

Comment

• Former West Chester guard Cam Polak is signing with California.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Former West Chester guard Cam Polak is signing with California.
                        Seems like a lightly used shooter (.388-3s, .886-FT) with more TO than ASSTS. Don't see him cracking DS top 7 unless he decides to go full tilt MEC which isn't happening.

Comment

Seems like a lightly used shooter (.388-3s, .886-FT) with more TO than ASSTS. Don't see him cracking DS top 7 unless he decides to go full tilt MEC which isn't happening.
                          He chose WCU out of Steel Valley over IUP and Shippensburg. It doesn't appear either went after him the second time around. I was surprised he didn't play more at WCU. I guess we'll see how it works out. He should have 3 years' eligibility.

Comment

• From IUP, Ousmane Diop

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                              Deadline for portal is may 1, which will cap size of portal. If one does not receive serious interest by then, one could be left standing at the altar.
                              If nothing happens soon that altar is going to be crowded with players looking for a home. Unless I missed some (entirely possible) 4/57 PSAC and 4/29 MEC have landed and the rest are getting anxious. A few can likely get their spot back but most are looking for a new bench spot or an intramural team.

Comment

• FYI 4/22/2022 D2 Transfer portal update - Data from verbalcommits.com
                                • 303 teams have at least one player in the D2 portal. There are just over 300 teams in D2.
                                • 898 players in D2 portal
                                • 60 teams have five or more in the portal - growth of 10% since last week
                                • Only 101 (11%) players have found new schools - vast majority are other D2 schools (in some cases D3). Very few D1 schools
                                • only 23 players (2.5%) found D1 homes among 19 D1 schools
                                • Only 5 D1 schools were ranked under #150 - I suspect high level D2 school would be evenly matched (at least) with schools ranked lower than #150.
                                • The highest Poll Ranking for a D1 school was #28 (Loyola of Chicago)
                                • D1 signing interval ends 5/13/22.
                                • A more relevant stat would be total points or minutes entering the transfer portal by team and separate graduate transfers from underclassmen. But I am not aware of a free database that consolidates all players statistics.
                                • As Disraeli said, "there are lies, d**n lies, then there are statistics
                                Note: D1 schools are a reasonable approximation as verbalcommits may not use the official name/abbrev. of school as NCAA
                                D1Dest D1
                                Count of Name
                                D1Rank New School Name Previous School Total
                                28 Loyola Chicago Philip Alston California (PA) 1
                                29 Murray State Quincy Anderson Minnesota State 1
                                55 North Texas Kai Huntsberry Mary 1
                                102 Bradley Christian Davis Le Moyne 1
                                144 College of Charleston Ante Brzovi? Southeastern Oklahoma State 1
                                Pat Robinson III West Liberty 1
                                156 South Alabama Isaiah Moore Franklin Pierce 1
                                170 Caleb Robinson Catawba 1
                                189 Troy Aamer Muhammad Lubbock Christian 1
                                207 Valparaiso Nick Edwards Glenville State 1
                                Quinton Green Cedarville 1
                                221 Eastern Washington Linton Acliese III San Francisco State 1
                                233 UMBC Colton Lawrence Bentley 1
                                234 New Hampshire Nazim Derry 1
                                238 Indiana State Cade McKnight Truman State 1
                                Masen Miller Truman State 1
                                Trenton Gibson Tusculum 1
                                257 Montana Laolu Oke Metro State 1
                                270 Presbyterian Crosby James II Anderson 1
                                295 Prairie View A&M Kortrijk Miles West Alabama 1
                                318 Central Michigan Erwin Weary, Jr. Western Washington 1
                                327 Evansville Matthew Ragsdale Western Colorado 1
                                342 Idaho State Brock Mackenzie Point Loma Nazarene 1
                                Grand Total 23

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X