• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATLANTIC REGIONAL PICK 'EM

Scoring:

Round 1 winners are worth 20 points each

Round 2 winners are worth 30 points each

Final winner is worth 40 points

Pick the whole bracket up front. No time-stamped changes past 11:30 a.m. Saturday.

Perfect Score: 180 points

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please cut/paste Round 1 and highlight your winners. Below that, type in your Round 2 and Final winners.

Round 1

(3) California vs. (6) Fairmont State

(7) West Virginia State vs. (2) West Liberty

(1) IUP vs. (8) Fayetteville State

(4) Mercyhurst vs. (5) Millersville

Tie-Breakers

No. 1 - This team will score the fewest points in Atlantic Region Round 1: _______________

No. 2 - This team will win by the largest margin in Atlantic Region Round 1: ________________

Round 1

Round 2

(3) Cal
    vs. (2) West Liberty (I have a bad feeling about how WLU will deal with Alston if they make it past WVSU--although they will get a chance to practice on "Alston Light," Anthony Pittman. I also think Sancomb's familiarity with the system means there's no sneaking up on this PSAC opponent. Hope I'm wrong!)

(4) Mercyhurst vs. (1) IUP

Round 3

(3) Cal vs. (1) IUP (This is the year the chalk holds. Just too good. And figured out how to overcome Shawndale's loss. Reminds me of the Devante Chance year where it just seemed destined that they would win the region)

Tie-Breakers

No. 1 - This team will score the fewest points in Atlantic Region Round 1: Fayetteville State

No. 2 - This team will win by the largest margin in Atlantic Region Round 1: Cal (No Younkin means Alston can get anything he wants all day long!)

Comment

Round 1

Tie-Breakers

No. 1 - This team will score the fewest points in Atlantic Region Round 1: _____Mercyhurst__________

No. 2 - This team will win by the largest margin in Atlantic Region Round 1: ___IUP_____________

Round 2
      (3) California over (2) West Liberty
      (1) IUP over (5) Millersville

Final
      (3) California over (1) IUP

Comment

Round 1

Round 2

California vs. West Liberty

Mercyhurst vs. IUP

Round 3

West Liberty at IUP

Tie-Breakers

No. 1 - This team will score the fewest points in Atlantic Region Round 1: Millersville

No. 2 - This team will win by the largest margin in Atlantic Region Round 1: West Liberty

Comment

Round 1

Round 2

Cal over WL

Mercyhurst over IUP

Round 3

Cal over Mercyhurst

Tie-Breakers

No. 1 - This team will score the fewest points in Atlantic Region Round 1: ___Fairmont____________

No. 2 - This team will win by the largest margin in Atlantic Region Round 1: __IUP______________

So happy to have the real regional back!

Comment

Round 1

Round 2

California vs. West Liberty

Mercyhurst vs. IUP

Round 3

West Liberty at IUP

Tie-Breakers

No. 1 - This team will score the fewest points in Atlantic Region Round 1: Fayetteville

No. 2 - This team will win by the largest margin in Atlantic Region Round 1: IUP
            Last edited by IUPalum; 03-11-2022, 08:41 AM.

Comment

For what it's worth, Wayne Cavadi picked West Liberty over IUP in the regional final. (He actually has a WLU-Crutchfield reunion in the championship game). https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...cket-predicted

But to be honest, that just seems a bit too chalky for such a deep and dangerous region. I'll believe it when I see it. Also, Cavadi's article mentions that the Elite 8 is often very chalky (high quality teams usually make it out of the regions). But he also mentions that first rounds are rarely as chalky as it seems they should be. If that's true, none of us has really picked the big upset in round 1 just yet on our own Pick 'Em. Should be a fun region to watch regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                For what it's worth, Wayne Cavadi picked West Liberty over IUP in the regional final. (He actually has a WLU-Crutchfield reunion in the championship game). https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...cket-predicted

But to be honest, that just seems a bit too chalky for such a deep and dangerous region. I'll believe it when I see it. Also, Cavadi's article mentions that the Elite 8 is often very chalky (high quality teams usually make it out of the regions). But he also mentions that first rounds are rarely as chalky as it seems they should be. If that's true, none of us has really picked the big upset in round 1 just yet on our own Pick 'Em. Should be a fun region to watch regardless.
                California is a wild card. That team is awesome and can hang with anyone.
                Mercyhurst is a wild card on the other side. The Hurst match up zones can give any team fits!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

California is a wild card. That team is awesome and can hang with anyone.
                  Mercyhurst is a wild card on the other side. The Hurst match up zones can give any team fits!
                  Agree on both. Either of those teams is capable of taking the region. Heck, WVSU has the raw talent to take the region; they just rarely put that talent together for a multiple-game stretch. But if they could find a way to do so for 3 games, they are capable of winning the region. That's what makes March so much fun (and so unpredictable)!

Comment

RESULTS

CHAMPION - SCRUB (hit both tie-breakers to earn the victory)

Final Points:

Scrub - 130 (and both tie-breakers)

IUPAlum - 130 (and one tie-breaker)

IUPbigIndians - 130 (missed both tie-breakers)

Pennbraz - 100

Golden89 - 90

Comment

Yay I guess. Although I would have loved to have been wrong and still have my Hilltoppers playing in Evansville!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X