Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22-'23 VULCANS WBB

A lot of talent expected back after a season that ended several games short due to a foolish TF that I'm certain the player regrets. The top seven in MPG and PPG should be back for another shot. None of last year's freshman class were significant contributors and it wouldn't be surprising to see some of them bumped for newer first year/transfer players. But as of now we're looking at....
    Senior--Loyd, Woodyard, Harrison, Bennett, Terrell, Allen.
    Junior--Gales, Herrington, Hudson.
    Soph----Lawrence, Gilliard, Shegog, Burris.

???
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 06-01-2022, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Absolutely talented, but also fragile. JS knew of her physical history and decided to roll the dice and came up craps, at least for last year. The total team experience will be a big plus going forward. Time will tell.

Comment

Highly unusual transfer between archrivals. Don't really see were she fits in unless someone has left that I'm unaware of.

http://mobile.twitter.com/CALU_wbb/s...24177104601092

Possibly Hudson has decided her knees are not going to recover.

Comment

Don't really understand this transfer from any angle. 1 year left for a player who plays 12.9 mpg and averages 5.2 ppg and 2.9 rpg. What am I missing ???

https://mobile.twitter.com/CALU_wbb/...41279766171648

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
            Don't really understand this transfer from any angle. 1 year left for a player who plays 12.9 mpg and averages 5.2 ppg and 2.9 rpg. What am I missing ???

https://mobile.twitter.com/CALU_wbb/...41279766171648

She wasn't a great fit in IUP's turtle-speed offense. She was also hurt the majority of last season but played through most of it. She'll be extremely effective in a fast-flowing (modern) offensive attack -- and is a very tough defender.

The offense the IUP ladies run is built for running shot clocks and shooting treys. Rajah is more of a play-maker.

I suspect she will play heavy minutes in Strom's scheme.

IUP is going to be lucky to finish .500 this upcoming season. They have a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

She wasn't a great fit in IUP's turtle-speed offense. She was also hurt the majority of last season but played through most of it. She'll be extremely effective in a fast-flowing (modern) offensive attack -- and is a very tough defender.

The offense the IUP ladies run is built for running shot clocks and shooting treys. Rajah is more of a play-maker.

I suspect she will play heavy minutes in Strom's scheme.

IUP is going to be lucky to finish .500 this upcoming season. They have a mess.
              Just for clarity sake my reference in the particular thread that you quoted was a transfer, Jamayiah Thomas, from Three Rivers College in Missouri. I have no doubt that RF will fit into the Strom System, but with a upperclass weighted roster (see above) I don't see "heavy minutes" unless someone is missing that I'm unaware of. Which is entirely possible.

Comment

Third announcement from VULCANS WBB is another on the tall side. If no one of the remaining 13 from last year have left, this will likely be the last recruit for the '22-'23 team.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CALU_wbb/...946625/photo/1

Alicia averaged 21+ ppg and landed on '21-'22 AA ALL STATE 3rd team. Coached her senior year by Kerry Connolly who played two years for Stan Swank and pretty well knew who Jess Strom was when coach came looking to sign a 6' PG.

Comment

Don't quite understand this new transfer. Hayden Robinson, Avonworth HS '19, is transferring from Quinnipiac University, which would be significant if she played WBB for the Bobcats. She ran T&F 100/200M and was quite successful. Her BB game at Avonwoth was solid but unspectacular. I must be missing something.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CALU_wbb/...70882380304387

Comment

Comment

Well, something unusual is happening with VULCANS WBB going into the '22-'23 season. Clearly my supposition that most of the team from last year are coming back seems to be far off the mark. With another ready to play transfer, Allycia Harris of Myers HS/ USC-Aikens, JS seems to be filling holes that I'm unaware of. At this point guessing about a starting lineup would be wild speculation. November can't get here soon enough.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CALU_wbb/...261952/photo/1

Comment

A lot of talent expected back after a season that ended several games short due to a foolish TF that I'm certain the player regrets. The top seven in MPG and PPG should be back for another shot. None of last year's freshman class were significant contributors and it wouldn't be surprising to see some of them bumped for newer first year/transfer players. But as of now we're looking at....
                        Senior--Loyd, Woodyard, Harrison, Bennett, Terrell, Allen.
                        Junior--Gales, Herrington, Hudson.
                        Soph----Lawrence, Gilliard, Shegog, Burris.

???
                        Additions since 5/5....

Rajah Fink.....ready to play.
                        Jamiyah Thomas.....ready to sit.
                        Alicia Young....true freshman to be developed.
                        Hayden Robinson....not sure why ???
                        Alycia Harris....ready to play.

Comment

Additions since 5/5....

Rajah Fink.....ready to play.
                          Jamiyah Thomas.....ready to sit.
                          Alicia Young....true freshman to be developed.
                          Hayden Robinson....not sure why ???
                          Alycia Harris....ready to play.

It will be the Cal and Gannon ladies ... a giant distance ... and everybody else in the West.

Comment

Jordan Smith
                            Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
                              Jordan Smith
                              Any thoughts?
                              Another one year player ?? None of this makes obvious sense to me. Unless JS figures that some combo of several transfers added to the core of Loyd/Terrell/Harrison gives her a solid shot at the Elite Eight. Problem with that is none of the incoming six are notably high percentage shooters. I am very curious about who has left. Only five months to wait.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X