Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frostburg State Field Hockey Question

Not sure if anyone here would know, but this is about as good a place as any.

I was poking around and noticed that while Frostburg State's field hockey team is playing as an independent, they have every single PSAC team on their schedule. Is there any indication of them joining the PSAC as an associate member in field hockey? Or is this just scheduling convenience?

EDIT: Just realized I accidentally put this in the basketball forum. Can this thread be moved to the Other Sports forum?

Without spending 3 minutes of my time to do research, I would venture that not many MEC schools offer the sport. I think there are roughly 40 or some schools in the entire nation that offer field hockey, and most reside in the PSAC and NE-10. Once again I didn't research anything, but just going off of memory from past posts over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
      Not sure if anyone here would know, but this is about as good a place as any.

I was poking around and noticed that while Frostburg State's field hockey team is playing as an independent, they have every single PSAC team on their schedule. Is there any indication of them joining the PSAC as an associate member in field hockey? Or is this just scheduling convenience?

EDIT: Just realized I accidentally put this in the basketball forum. Can this thread be moved to the Other Sports forum?

It would certainly make sense they join the PSAC in this sport.

And, it may not be long until the PSAC comes calling for full membership.

I would sure think they will be near the top of the list for the next invitation to go out (whenever that time comes).

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
        Without spending 3 minutes of my time to do research, I would venture that not many MEC schools offer the sport. I think there are roughly 40 or some schools in the entire nation that offer field hockey, and most reside in the PSAC and NE-10. Once again I didn't research anything, but just going off of memory from past posts over the years.
        Actually there are 26 D2 FH teams. 9 are PSAC, 10 are NE10 and 7 miscellaneous. I won't go on my usual rant. Suffice it to say this should not be a D2 sport. D1 has 79 and D3 has 158 teams either/both of which could absorb the 26.

Comment

Here's the list of the 35 Field Hockey teams. The SAC sponsors the sport with affiliates from the CC and the PBC. There are currently no announced future additions.

Adelphi
          American International College
          Assumption
          Belmont Abbey College
          Bentley
          Coker
          Commonwealth-Bloomsburg
          Commonwealth-Mansfield
          Converse
          East Stroudsburg
          Franklin Pierce
          Frostburg State
          Indiana
          Kutztown
          Lander
          Limestone
          Lincoln Memorial
          Maryville
          Mercy College
          Mercyhurst
          Millersville
          Molloy
          Mount Olive
          New Haven
          Newberry College
          Pace
          Saint Anselm College
          Saint Michael's College
          St. Thomas Aquinas College
          Shippensburg
          Slippery Rock
          Southern Connecticut State
          Southern New Hampshire
          West Chester
          Wingate

Comment

Frostburg State and Maryville are the only independents in field hockey. Everyone else is a full or affiliate member of the NE10, PSAC, or SAC.

Comment

Frostburg State is one of 10 D2 schools that sponsor all 11 sports that my site covers. The other nine are American International, Assumption, Bentley, Franklin Pierce, Limestone, Mercyhurst, Newberry, St. Anselm, and Wingate.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X