Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two good ones today in the CIAA Tournament Final Four.

Winston-Salem State vs Virginia Union

Lincoln vs. Fayetteville State

For comparison sake:

Virginia Union defeated Winston-Salem State earlier this year, 70-67.

Lincoln lost to Fayetteville State, 65-64.

WSSU, Lincoln and FSU have to win the CIAA Tournament to get an NCAA invite. VU losing today or tomorrow is going to cause some chaos as they'll likely get an at large bid -- giving the CIAA two spots.

Having seen Winston-Salem State live this year, they are certainly capable of winning today (and tomorrow). FSU is also a tough team.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      CIAA Tourney still pretty much chalk other than Lincoln in a mild upset or Virginia St. Will the CIAA cause havoc?
      Claflin really needed that win last night.

I'm not convinced VSU was going anywhere without winning the whole thing, but Claflin had a chance to really improve its bubble status and maybe get an at-large bid with a quality win against WSSU, a good showing against VUU, and some help from PSAC chaos. Couldn't get it done. They're out.

Now, if Fayetteville or WSSU ends up winning the auto-bid, the Charlestons, Millersvilles, & ESUs of the world will be in serious trouble (if they aren't already).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Claflin really needed that win last night.

I'm not convinced VSU was going anywhere without winning the whole thing, but Claflin had a chance to really improve its bubble status and maybe get an at-large bid with a quality win against WSSU, a good showing against VUU, and some help from PSAC chaos. Couldn't get it done. They're out.

Now, if Fayetteville or WSSU ends up winning the auto-bid, the Charlestons, Millersvilles, & ESUs of the world will be in serious trouble (if they aren't already).
        I don't think Claflin had any bubble status but Inkblot's numbers. They had to win the CIAA Touney.

Comment

I don't think Claflin had any bubble status but Inkblot's numbers. They had to win the CIAA Touney.
          You might be right. And in that case, they become the poster children for playing a tougher schedule if possible (maybe not Bowie-schedule tough, but tougher). Nice record; but no actual playoff status.

Comment

Claflin has awful metrics.

Another example is my 'losses' post ... I only post overall record. Once you dive deeper, you have to take away the non-D2 wins. Winston-Salem, for example, has (3) non-D2 wins. Once you take those out, their winning percentage takes a dip, etc.

A lot teams schedule these games just as schedule-filler and stat-padders, but they really are a waste of time.

Comment

• VU 19
              WSSU 14

3:14 1st

Watch if you want to see horrible basketball. Yikes

Comment

• WSSU beats VUU

Comment

• Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                  WSSU beats VUU
                  Oh boy
                  That's MAJOR trouble on the bubble

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Oh boy
                    That's MAJOR trouble on the bubble
                    WarriorVoice better hope ESU runs the table! Lol

Comment

• Ciaa winner, VUU, hurst, IUP, WL and Fairmont… only room for two more! Lol

Comment

• Lincoln just took down FSU 53-49.

Tomorrow will see WSSU play Lincoln at 1:00 for the CIAA Championship.

Since WSSU was the 5th seed and Lincoln was the 6th seed tomorrow will be each teams 4th game in 4 days.

WSSU won the matchup earlier this season 69-65.

Comment

• Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                          Lincoln just took down FSU 53-49.

Tomorrow will see WSSU play Lincoln at 1:00 for the CIAA Championship.

Since WSSU was the 5th seed and Lincoln was the 6th seed tomorrow will be each teams 4th game in 4 days.

WSSU won the matchup earlier this season 69-65.
                          Wow.

I thought FSU has the sleeper to win the whole thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Wow.

I thought FSU has the sleeper to win the whole thing.
                            Winner of that game gets the 8 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I definitely thought he could’ve held out another year or two for something better. YSU was a basketball wasteland. But you can’t argue that he’s done an amazing job, and “something better” is in his near future.
                              Yep...He has gotten better and better each year since arriving at Youngstown culminating in this seasons 20+ win team. YSU was a DEEP hole and what he has been able to do to make the program respectable is pretty remarkable. I think that his accomplishment at perenially bad YSU speaks volumes about his coaching and recruting ability and other "higher profile" D1's are apparently taking note.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Yep...He has gotten better and better each year since arriving at Youngstown culminating in this seasons 20+ win team. YSU was a DEEP hole and what he has been able to do to make the program respectable is pretty remarkable. I think that his accomplishment at perenially bad YSU speaks volumes about his coaching and recruting ability and other "higher profile" D1's are apparently taking note.
                                And still won’t make the tourney! Next!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X