Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Everybody benefits from being in your presence...I'll stand upwind if you don't mind...
    Well everybody on here likes me better…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
      Doubt there’s any surprises. I’m going to guess this is our field:

1. IUP
      2. West Liberty
      3. Mercyhurst
      4. Fairmont State
      5. Virginia Union
      6. East Stroudsburg
      7. UPJ
      8. Winston Salem
      I was actually thinking the same rankings. You could flip UPJ/ESU maybe and maybe FSU/VUU.

Comment

Just an FYI…

Gary Manchel was attempting to call a timeout with about 7 seconds left in the game with IUP up 1. They didn’t give him the TO until 2.3 seconds left. An incredibly terrible call that essentially all but sealed an IUP win, although they had to survive a desperation three at the buzzer.

For being so hated by the league, it’s amazing Steve Murray didn’t buzz down to put those 5 seconds back on the clock.
        He got it with 1.6. They then changed it to 2.3

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I was actually thinking the same rankings. You could flip UPJ/ESU maybe and maybe FSU/VUU.
          Kromka better be healthy or this is Fairmont last year Part 2.

I'd put West Chester in over UPJ at this point. Just hire extra security.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Kromka better be healthy or this is Fairmont last year Part 2.

I'd put West Chester in over UPJ at this point. Just hire extra security.
            Was there ever repercussions for the brawls? They might not have a roster if the commish did his job.

Comment

He got it with 1.6. They then changed it to 2.3
              Correct. He was calling it 4-5 seconds before that though. Lol

Comment

Correct. He was calling it 4-5 seconds before that though. Lol
                That's his, and apparently your, opinion. In real time it didn't go down that way. They were lucky to get the added time.

Gary is a professional whiner. If he was allegedly calling a verbal timeout inside a very loud gym - in that moment - that's his own fault.

Comment

That's his, and apparently your, opinion. In real time it didn't go down that way. They were lucky to get the added time.

Gary is a professional whiner. If he was allegedly calling a verbal timeout inside a very loud gym - in that moment - that's his own fault.
                  At first he motioned for them to go ahead and run a play, then switched up and tried for a TO. I think the blame is on Manchel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

At first he motioned for them to go ahead and run a play, then switched up and tried for a TO. I think the blame is on Manchel.
                    David Morris just stone-walled the guy with the ball on the pre-timeout possession. That likely saved the day for IUP.

Comment

• Atlantic Regional Bracket is set which will be hosted at IUP:

1. IUP vs. 8. WSSU
                      4. Virginia Union vs. 5. Fairmont State
                      2. West Liberty vs. 7. UPJ
                      3. Mercyhurst vs. 6. East Stroudsburg
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

David Morris just stone-walled the guy with the ball on the pre-timeout possession. That likely saved the day for IUP.
                        I agree. That was good defense — why they needed to set up a play. They left themselves two seconds to get off a shot against a good IUP defense. The odds of that working were not good.

Comment

That was incredible. I’m thinking Manchiel thought not giving IUP time to set up was an advantage- then that happened,

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            That was incredible. I’m thinking Manchiel thought not giving IUP time to set up was an advantage- then that happened,
                            That’s exactly it. Some thought Manchel was calling for the TO with 6-7 seconds left. He was calling in a play and once he realized his guy was in trouble and wasn’t going to get a look, he called for the timeout. I think he got a gift when they added more time but he tried to act like he called the TO earlier. If he hadn’t called a TO, I’m not sure they would have gotten a shot off. Both teams locked down when it was on the line. Pretty impressive stuff. If the officials let the teams play, teams traveling in from conferences not named the PSAC are going to see a style of play the simply don’t see throughout the season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X