Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Jordan from Shepherd
    He'd be a nice guard pickup for someone — not overly tall at 5-11, but was Shepherd's assist leader, scored 12 ppg, and was a decent three-point shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tabe is a beast. That dude should be playing LB ... very physically strong and great size.

He made Second Team All-PSAC West this year.

I think Green would be more role player on a top D2 team but he his a nice player, too.

Those are major losses for Seton Hill.
      Yeah, Tabe will definitely get some interest. Since he's listed as a senior, I assume it would be a one-year pickup.

Comment

Michael Joiner / Seton Hill
        That's three major losses.

Comment

Michael Joiner / Seton Hill
          That's three major losses.
          Seems a shame. It looked as if they'd made some real progress this season. Hard to build a PSAC team from the bottom up these days.

Comment

Our old friend Jayden Hibbett is back in the portal. He played his first year at WVWC and then played last year for the Ichabods of Washburn. Now he's back in the portal. Maybe he's hoping to follow in the Whippens' footsteps and make this a yearly thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
              Our old friend Jayden Hibbett is back in the portal. He played his first year at WVWC and then played last year for the Ichabods of Washburn. Now he's back in the portal. Maybe he's hoping to follow in the Whippens' footsteps and make this a yearly thing.
              Free Agency has hit college sports...

Comment

I remember him. He had a good (true) freshman year from what I recall ... athletic (somewhat small) post player with a nice shot. Of course, he could have bulked up some by now.

Comment

This transfer portal is going to be such a burden on graduation rates. We already saw this on occasion with kids who were on their third school in 4 years if they started at JUCO. Now its going to normalize. Schools are going to be recruiting a transfer with 120 credits but can't graduate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    This transfer portal is going to be such a burden on graduation rates. We already saw this on occasion with kids who were on their third school in 4 years if they started at JUCO. Now its going to normalize. Schools are going to be recruiting a transfer with 120 credits but can't graduate.
                    I was wondering about that ... with all the credits transferring, etc. It's pretty apparent most of them aren't worrying about it too much.

I will say this: There's a common theme among most of the teams participating in the Atlantic Regional this weekend. They all recruit -- and keep -- many high school players. I don't see any teams here full of one-year hired mercenaries. Not a coincidence.

Comment

I was wondering about that ... with all the credits transferring, etc. It's pretty apparent most of them aren't worrying about it too much.

I will say this: There's a common theme among most of the teams participating in the Atlantic Regional this weekend. They all recruit -- and keep -- many high school players. I don't see any teams here full of one-year hired mercenaries. Not a coincidence.
                      Chris Fite seems to have a good culture going at Ship as I can't recall him losing a key player to transfer the last few years. He had a couple of guys stay for graduate work on this year's team. Unfortunately, that loyalty might work against him some next year as he loses four veterans at once and that might actually force him to look hard at the transfer portal.

Comment

Great point. It's interesting to look at.

IUP: Morris/Jones/Dillard/Sulaiman/Porterfield Bench: Stewart/Brooks/Rhodes/Polce 6 High School, 3 Transfers

West Liberty: Cannady/Montague/McKinney/Butler/Sarson Bench: Hinds/West/Woodward/Rasile/Spadafora 5 High School, 5 Transfers

Mercyhurst: Bradley/McIntosh/Planutis/Lang/Ajayi Bench: Reichert/Gamble/Fullerton/Doucet 9 High School, 0 Transfers

Virginia Union: Diggins Williams/Tate/Wright/Harding/Osborne Bench: Sims/Joseph/Tart III 4 High School, 4 Transfers

Fairmont State: Hale/Dobbs/Sanders/Mangas/Youkin Bench: Parris/Woody/Williams/Jolinder 3 High School, 6 Transfers

East Stroudsburg: Paz/Lee/McGlone/Pepin/McAliley Bench: Duda/Millsip/Johnson 7 High School, 1 Transfer

UPJ: Shull/Batt/Smith/Jakubick/Kromka Bench: Landis/Magestro/Zuchelli 7 High School, 1 Transfer

Winston Salem: Shaw/Hicklin/Gibson/Parson/Alston Bench: Teel/Wilkins/Springs/Fennell 8 High School, 1 Transfer

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown, IUPHawks24. That really does paint a picture. And I can speak to the case of WLU & Fairmont (the teams with the most transfers on their rosters in this Atlantic Tourney), that most of those transfers have been with the programs for at least 3 years. In other words, even though kids like McKinney (who began at Seton Hill), Montague (began at Walsh), or Parris (began at UVA-Wise) might qualify as transfers, they all landed in these programs as Sophs and then promptly stayed on until graduation. So the trend still holds for these programs even in the case of the transfers. Yes, there are exceptions (like the one-year rentals Cannady & Woody), but for the most part, these are programs that seem to compel kids to stick around.

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown, IUPHawks24. That really does paint a picture. And I can speak to the case of WLU & Fairmont (the teams with the most transfers on their rosters in this Atlantic Tourney), that most of those transfers have been with the programs for at least 3 years. In other words, even though kids like McKinney (who began at Seton Hill), Montague (began at Walsh), or Parris (began at UVA-Wise) might qualify as transfers, they all landed in these programs as Sophs and then promptly stayed on until graduation. So the trend still holds for these programs even in the case of the transfers. Yes, there are exceptions (like the one-year rentals Cannady & Woody), but for the most part, these are programs that seem to compel kids to stick around.
                            Same at IUP with David Morris and Shawndale Jones. They've both been here forever but spent their freshmen years elsewhere.

Comment

Idris Ali / Mansfield

Comment

Grab and Pires / Millersville

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X