Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freddie Word of Glenville hit the portal today.

He's one I think would work really well in black & gold. Rebounds well out of the guard position; high motor; offensive production. He'd be a nice replacement for a Cannady/McKinney role on this team.

Comment

Tomiwa Sul….nah just kidding.

Comment

Cam Villarouel from Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
          Freddie Word of Glenville hit the portal today.

He's one I think would work really well in black & gold. Rebounds well out of the guard position; high motor; offensive production. He'd be a nice replacement for a Cannady/McKinney role on this team.
          Johnson univ.
          Allen community college
          polk state juco
          Glenville
          ???

Five schools?
          imho yellow flag for wlu.
          maybe a group deal with whippen brothers at some school. Lol

Comment

Bradley and Galla from Hurst are in the portal

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Bradley and Galla from Hurst are in the portal
              Bradley might have been Hurst's best player.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Cam Villarouel from Bloom
                He was also in the portal last year. It seems to be a yearly thing with some players constantly looking for the best deal. Schools may need to start getting multi year contacts for the good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Johnson univ.
                  Allen community college
                  polk state juco
                  Glenville
                  ???

Five schools?
                  imho yellow flag for wlu.
                  maybe a group deal with whippen brothers at some school. Lol
                  Cannady was at 3 schools in 4 years and he worked out pretty well. [shrug]

Comment

Cannady was at 3 schools in 4 years and he worked out pretty well. [shrug]
                    Some differences that weaken the analogy:
                    1 - cannady is all district academic along with rasile, sarson, and Butler and will get his masters in 1 year. Academics are as important as athletics at wlu. Word's schools don't compare to cannady's.
                    2 - cannady wanted to come to wlu from wheeling but they would not release him
                    3 - cannady has proven himself playing for a system that requires high basketball iq in mercyhurst. Glenville is a one year churn and burn rent a player system. They turned over all but 1 player last year.
                    4 - cannady is an unselfish player who is also a great scorer.
                    5 - Polk is a basketball factory school to showcase guys to audition for d1 offers. Yahel hill went there for a yr before cleveland state. As soon as one gets an offer, one goes to the bench in order to showcase someone else.

Imho, Cannady was one of the few one year players wlu would take that could learn the system in year 1. Very special case.

Comment

All reasonable responses.

Although, WLU has done 1-year Senior transfers before (I recall Indi Faithfull & Jordan Watson and there may be others). Cannady isn't unique in that regard.

I was unaware that there was a release issue when Cannady left Wheeling. That does shed some light on a few things perhaps.

Comment

All reasonable responses.

Although, WLU has done 1-year Senior transfers before (I recall Indi Faithfull & Jordan Watson and there may be others). Cannady isn't unique in that regard.

I was unaware that there was a release issue when Cannady left Wheeling. That does shed some light on a few things perhaps.
                        I had forgotten them. Indi was Australian player I believe. Very fundamentally sound. Jordan was solid too.
                        I suspect we won't make a move in transfer portal until we know plans of our grads.

I am excited about the two hs guard commits. They will see minutes next year. Very high bball iq and athletic for their age. Both dunk easily at 6-1.
                        Vague comparisons:
                        D'Augustino and Beau Justice
                        Pankey and Cedric Harris

Comment

I had forgotten them. Indi was Australian player I believe. Very fundamentally sound. Jordan was solid too.
                          I suspect we won't make a move in transfer portal until we know plans of our grads.

I am excited about the two hs guard commits. They will see minutes next year. Very high bball iq and athletic for their age. Both dunk easily at 6-1.
                          Vague comparisons:
                          D'Augustino and Beau Justice
                          Pankey and Cedric Harris
                          Wish we'd have had a chance to see a bit more of Beau Justice. Shame he left.

Comment

Wish we'd have had a chance to see a bit more of Beau Justice. Shame he left.
                            I think he became leading scorer in valdosta history.
                            D'Augustino can take over a hs game. Leading scorer in conference history. Also leading scorer in soccer in school history, so I figure he has endurance.

Comment

I think he became leading scorer in valdosta history.
                              D'Augustino can take over a hs game. Leading scorer in conference history. Also leading scorer in soccer in school history, so I figure he has endurance.
                              Alek West was a star soccer player as well. I actually love to see it during warm-ups when West wants to "pick up" a basketball that's on the ground for a shot and he uses his feet to juggle it soccer-style up into his hands. Cracks me up every time he does it.

Comment

Exodus from Mercyhurst (and not from the hockey team):

Ajayi
                                Bradley
                                Chambers
                                Galla
                                Sandy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X