Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Toure from Ship
    Didn't play a lot this year and Ship has several guards returning.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Some big names from the PSAC but not many. Most of these guys I've never heard of ...

Portal Season has been rough on the Erie Catholic schools ... The Lake Show in particular. Gannon may have got rid of some bad apples.
      Did the warmup suit heavies jump ship yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Did the warmup suit heavies jump ship yet?
        Ike Herster is in the portal.

He's an interesting case - for a lot of reasons. My guess is he lands at Slippery Rock or in the GMAC. Walsh seems to target many PSAC/MEC exports so that could be a landing spot.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Ike Herster is in the portal.

He's an interesting case - for a lot of reasons. My guess is he lands at Slippery Rock or in the GMAC. Walsh seems to target many PSAC/MEC exports so that could be a landing spot.
          Ike had a bunch of D1 offers prior to committing at Gannon.. however, his lack of performance at GU likely diminished his chances of going D1 anywhere.

I'm hoping a few more GU players transfer out. After a 3-23 season... the more players that do not return the better!

Comment

Souliman from IUP listed.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Ike had a bunch of D1 offers prior to committing at Gannon.. however, his lack of performance at GU likely diminished his chances of going D1 anywhere.

I'm hoping a few more GU players transfer out. After a 3-23 season... the more players that do not return the better!
              He's a talent, no doubt. His intangibles seem to get very mixed reviews, however.

I think getting away from Erie will do him some good. Fresh start. He needs to become a way better team player. Part of that could be KJ had little control.

Rumor was KJ promised him the moon to get him to Gannon.

Comment

updated transfers from schools

PSAC
                Bloomsburg - 2 (up)
                Cal PA - 2 (up)
                Clarion - 6 (up)
                Boro - 3 (up)
                Gannon - 4 (up)
                IUP - 1 (up)
                Kutztown - 3 (same)
                Mansfield - 3 (up)
                Mercyhurst - 5 (new)
                Millersville - 2 (same)
                Seton Hill - 3 (same)
                Shepherd - 1 (same)
                Ships - 2 (up)
                Rock - 2 (new)

Elsewhere
                Adams State - 9 (same)
                Arkansas- Fort Smith - 5 (same)
                Belmont Abbey - 6 (up)
                Cal Poly Humboldt - 5 (new)
                Christian Brothers - 7 (Reilly's first big mass exodus)
                Colorado State-Pueblo - 6 (up)
                Converse - 5 (new)
                Delta State - 5 (new)
                Erskine - 5 (new)
                Franklin Pierce - 6 (new)
                Hawaii Pacific - 5 (new)
                Holy Names - 14 (same)
                LeMoyne - 5 (same)
                Lenoir-Rhyne - 5 (new)
                Midwestern State - 5 (new)
                Mississippi College - 7 (same)
                Mount Oliva - 7 (new)
                Saint Rose - 10 (up)
                Seattle Pacific - 5 (new)
                Texas-Permian Basin - 6 (same)
                Truman State - 9 (same)
                West Florida - 7 (up)
                WVA Wesleyan - 6 (new)

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

No he didn't... he went to Gannon because those "offers" didn't exist anymore, or never existed in the first place.

He can shoot and he's got very good size, but it's an indictment on him that he physically still looks like a high school player. Not like the JR days where the team looked like football players.

Comment

Looks like Tabe has already been snapped up by mid-major South Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
                      Souliman from IUP listed.
                      It's spelled "Sulaiman."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's spelled "Sulaiman."
                        But you knew what I meant. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

No he didn't... he went to Gannon because those "offers" didn't exist anymore, or never existed in the first place.

He can shoot and he's got very good size, but it's an indictment on him that he physically still looks like a high school player. Not like the JR days where the team looked like football players.
                          No he chose Gannon because KJ told him he could help him get to a better D1 school (than Akron or Buffalo) if he played a few years at Gannon.

Comment

No he chose Gannon because KJ told him he could help him get to a better D1 school (than Akron or Buffalo) if he played a few years at Gannon.
                            To be honest, the D1 dream is likely long gone.

He's intriguing on the D2 level. He's got a very nice shot and has legit 6'6" size at the shooting guard position.

The cons, obviously, are he's hurt all the time, his defensive play leaves a lot to be desired (perhaps solely due to effort on that end) and his character has been questioned by many (often).

KJ has not run a disciplined program so perhaps under the right coach he could really thrive for the next two years. Speed of the captain, speed of the crew.

I view him -- for top-level D2 programs -- as a high risk, (potentially) high-reward player. But, he is a risk.

Offensively, he's no doubt a player who could go for 18-20 ppg game next season in the Atlantic Region. But, the best teams want players who score, play defense and also don't cause issues. Herster has clearly been a 'me' player at Gannon. If he becomes a 'we' player, his outlook is tremendously better.

For a team looking to contend next year, he'd be like buying a lottery ticket. You may win big. You may lose. Could the right coach bring the best out of him? Perhaps.

Comment

Thank you.......I thought that was the case as told to me by someone close to the program. Sometimes I wonder where all this misinformation comes from, but I guess that is the nature of blogs.

Comment

If you think Herster had offers to Buffalo or Akron out of high school and KJ convinced him to come to Gannon so "he could help him go higher", I have oceanfront property in Kansas to sell to you.

There is not one part of his game that is MAC level, much less higher than that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X