Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

If you think Herster had offers to Buffalo or Akron out of high school and KJ convinced him to come to Gannon so "he could help him go higher", I have oceanfront property in Kansas to sell to you.

There is not one part of his game that is MAC level, much less higher than that.
    YOungstown State, Akron and Buffalo were those listed as his D1 offers back when he was still deciding. Then he had Gannon and a few other D2 schools as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

If recent history is any indication, he's headed for the low country and the College of Charleston.

Why recruit your own players when you can poach from one of the best DII recruiters and coaches in the country?!
      He’s an interesting prospect at the D1 level. He was West Liberty’s primary post guy so at times you can forget he’s actually a guard. He can score from anywhere. His accomplishments suggest maybe he could play higher than the CAA, but he’s a bit of a tweener size wise. Is he quick enough to play guard night in night out at a high mid major or even power 6? I’ll be curious to see where he goes. I’m rooting for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

He’s an interesting prospect at the D1 level. He was West Liberty’s primary post guy so at times you can forget he’s actually a guard. He can score from anywhere. His accomplishments suggest maybe he could play higher than the CAA, but he’s a bit of a tweener size wise. Is he quick enough to play guard night in night out at a high mid major or even power 6? I’ll be curious to see where he goes. I’m rooting for him.
        Every player who enters the portal has a different set of reasons for doing so. In Butlers case, that reason isn't that he wants to be "the man" or to get more playing time or that he feels "under appreciated." Also not because he's on a bad team and wants the chance to play for a winner. He has ALL that at WLU. His reason smacks 100 percent of wanting to see how he does at a D1 (and probably a good D1).

You never know how this will turn out, but I'd be surprised if he ends up at poor D1 or another DII.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Every player who enters the portal has a different set of reasons for doing so. In Butlers case, that reason isn't that he wants to be "the man" or to get more playing time or that he feels "under appreciated." Also not because he's on a bad team and wants the chance to play for a winner. He has ALL that at WLU. His reason smacks 100 percent of wanting to see how he does at a D1 (and probably a good D1).

You never know how this will turn out, but I'd be surprised if he ends up at poor D1 or another DII.
          I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up in Morgantown.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Interesting times. Soon we'll see the D2 redshirt totally disappear. Odds are they won't be in your program in four years anyway so why bother with the redshirt season.

These D2 stars are getting crazy interest immediately upon entering the Portal. The kid from Seton Hill had 35+ programs contact him. Tomiwa is well over 40 from what I've heard. Granted, they don't all offer, but they come calling quick.

To your point, the College of Charleston is also heavily after former Wheeling player John Korte (and Tomiwa).
            I think CofC would be able to "find room" for a player with Butlers pedigree AND given the success of Bolon and Robinson!

DIIs generally have been slow to react to the new transfer game. As D1s now mine the DII ranks, DIIs need to do a better job mining the D3 and NAIA ranks.

Comment

• IUP’s MacNamara in the portal

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                IUP’s MacNamara in the portal
                He's a walk-on from Australia. He could be a good D3 player.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up in Morgantown.
                  I don’t think Butler would be top 8 at WVU. His minutes would be low. A D2 AA last year was 4th in minutes this season for a .500 MAC school, where he shot 39% from the floor and 26% from three. Going to a P5 school is a much steeper climb. Butler is a tremendous D2 player though and easily can jump up to D1, but probably not P5

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post

I don’t think Butler would be top 8 at WVU. His minutes would be low. A D2 AA last year was 4th in minutes this season for a .500 MAC school, where he shot 39% from the floor and 26% from three. Going to a P5 school is a much steeper climb. Butler is a tremendous D2 player though and easily can jump up to D1, but probably not P5
                    I agree. At power 5 it is first about physical measurables; if that is met, then they look at basketball skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                      IUP’s MacNamara in the portal
                      He can return to the KCAC when Penn State Altoona comes to town. At least we won’t have to hear the idiot that yells Aussie, Aussie, Aussie every time he steps on the floor with IUP up 15 with 2:00 left. In all seriousness, the portal is great for a kid like him. We was never going to get meaningful minutes here and wanted to do more with his career as a player than a spectator, despite the program’s success. I wish him well. Seemed well liked.

Comment

Interesting times. Soon we'll see the D2 redshirt totally disappear. Odds are they won't be in your program in four years anyway so why bother with the redshirt season.

These D2 stars are getting crazy interest immediately upon entering the Portal. The kid from Seton Hill had 35+ programs contact him. Tomiwa is well over 40 from what I've heard. Granted, they don't all offer, but they come calling quick.

To your point, the College of Charleston is also heavily after former Wheeling player John Korte (and Tomiwa).
                        I think that things will settle down in a few years. Once kids see the percentages of kids who actually wind up going to a better situation is smaller than they thought, they'll think twice about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I think that things will settle down in a few years. Once kids see the percentages of kids who actually wind up going to a better situation is smaller than they thought, they'll think twice about it.
                          Lombardi said about a month ago in an interview something along the lines of "we don't have to worry about the transfer portal here."

Second year in a row he lost his best player to the transfer portal.

To your point, not only do so many not find a better spot, many don't find a spot at all.

Comment

• [QUOTE=IUPbigINDIANS;n749617]

Lombardi said about a month ago in an interview something along the lines of "we don't have to worry about the transfer portal here."

To your point, not only do so many not find a better spot, many don't find a spot at all.

Shawndale Jones?

Comment

I'll say it again... I told everyone last year that Foster opened the door at IUP. Everybody scoffed at me, writing it off as a "one off" because he had graduated and put in his time with the program. May have been true, but the cat is out of the bag now. The #HawkFamily culture isn't keeping guys in Indiana anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I'll say it again... I told everyone last year that Foster opened the door at IUP. Everybody scoffed at me, writing it off as a "one off" because he had graduated and put in his time with the program. May have been true, but the cat is out of the bag now. The #HawkFamily culture isn't keeping guys in Indiana anymore.
                                I'll say it again, Armoni had to go if he had D1 aspirations. He had to prove he could play against D1 opponents. He got the Covid year of eligibility and that's what he used to transfer. Tomiwa in the portal is a total different story.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X