Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Mountain East Men's & Women's Basketball Tournament

Here is a link to the tournament central. First game tips off in 30 minutes in women's action:

https://mountaineast.org/tournaments/?id=141

I am really never into predictions, but:

(a) I have a hard time not seeing Fairmont vs. West Liberty in the men's final.
    (b) I have a hard time seeing Glenville's women losing the MEC tournament this year.

I do like D&E men's team as a possible sleeper to pull off an upset. It has been a long time since D&E has finished as high as 6th in either the WVIAC or MEC. They have some players.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
      I am really never into predictions, but:

(a) I have a hard time not seeing Fairmont vs. West Liberty in the men's final.
      (b) I have a hard time seeing Glenville's women losing the MEC tournament this year.

I do like D&E men's team as a possible sleeper to pull off an upset. It has been a long time since D&E has finished as high as 6th in either the WVIAC or MEC. They have some players.
      First 18 win season since 1954-55 for D&E.
      wheeling lost 12 games by 5 points or less. 260lb 6-7 johnson is matchup nightmare with pg handles and 40%:from three. Could be exciting tourney!

Comment

#7 Concord pulls away very late to defeat #10 Notre Dame in the first game of the afternoon session. Final score: Concord 78 Notre Dame 67.

Concord will play #2 seed WV State tomorrow at noon. It was weird not seeing Kenny Osborne on the sideline for Concord. He was the head coach there for an eternity. Good win for their first-year head coach.

Comment

Frostburg State women outlast Davis & Elkins to advance to the quarterfinals to play #1 seed and defending national champion Glenville State.

Comment

Glenville State wins the 7/10 game against Wheeling Jesuit by a score of 96-84.

The Pioneers move on to take on Fairmont State in Friday's quarterfinal round.

Comment

Glenville State wins the 7/10 game against Wheeling Jesuit by a score of 96-84.

The Pioneers move on to take on Fairmont State in Friday's quarterfinal round.
              Looks like 1st team MEC korte did not play for wheeling. He suffered a collision late at West Liberty. Hopefully it is not serious.

Comment

This Concord/WV State women's game is good. #7 Concord leads #2 WV State 64-63 with 3 minutes to play.

Comment

WV State up 73-70 with 4 seconds left chose not to foul. Concord drains a 3-pointer at the horn. Overtime!

Comment

#7 seed Concord upset #2 WV State in women's quarterfinal 86-83 in OT. Great game.

Comment

WV State women were ranked #5 in this week's regional rankings. Does that loss cause them to drop?

#3 UC leads #6 Wheeling Jesuit 32-27. Charleston played pretty well down the stretch of the first half. UC is #8 in the regional rankings this week and Fairmont State is #9.

Comment

WV State women were ranked #5 in this week's regional rankings. Does that loss cause them to drop?
                        I think it would take more for them to drop... they had a bit of a cushion at 5th.

Comment

Yeah State holds the season sweep of UC and split with Fairmont State.

UC is pulling away from Wheeling. It is 55-40 with 5:25 left in the game.

Comment

Great place to watch some basketball highly recommend

Comment

Glenville State women already up 28-14 over #9 seed Frostburg State at the end of one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X