Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Stephens has a well-oiled machine down there, and there's no shortage of players in the area who would be excited to play her up-tempo style. So the cupboard is almost never bare there. Hats off to her for what she's built.
    How hasn't a D1 snagged her yet?

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
      Charleston opens it up to a 56-34 lead at the end of 3. This will be a great matchup in the championship game.

Inkblot, is Charleston in with a win today based on what happened in the other conferences with teams #5-7?
      There's a good chance of it... I think their numbers are out of reach of Lincoln's head-to-head that's been keeping them down.

Comment

It will be Fairmont and West Liberty in the finals. Congrats to both.

Hats off to Davis & Elkins on an outstanding season. It should be two good championship games tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

She's a Glenville alumna, so maybe she is loyal to the alma mater? [shrug]

Comment

She was in the discussion for the wvu women's job this year.

Comment

Did anyone notice who all conference, double-double machine Rahama was defending much of the Concord vs WLU game? It shows the respect opposing coaches have for Zach Rasile. He was still 4-5 from three. He is a very smart, complete player, not just a 3pt sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                Glenville State advances to the championship game tomorrow by defeating Fairmont State by a score of 74-70. Fairmont was seeded 9th in the Atlantic Region this week but really looked like a NCAA tournament team today.

Key play: Fairmont down 70-67 with 2 minutes left. Deangelo drives for Fairmont and dishes for a layup but they call a phantom charge on Deangelo. Replay shows that was a clear no-call. You don't call that one especially against a 1st-team all conference player who made a great play. But they had their chances.
                I can't say that I'm surprised that Fairmont's women gave Glenville all they could handle. FSU head coach Stephanie (Michael) Anderson was a senior on Cal U's 2013 team which beat Glenville twice - once in the regular season and the other time in the Atlantic Regionals at Gannon. I'd say Coach Anderson knows a thing or two about how to stop Glenville's unique offensive scheme over her career as a player and a coach..
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I can't help but wonder if her up-tempo and multiple (and very frequent) substitution scheme might not fit at the D1 level. It's a big difference between executing that "Grinnell" style offense at the D2 or D3 levels compared to, say, WVU or Marshall or even a low-to-mid-major D1 program, one would think.

Comment

Imho Grinnell plays no defense and is not hugely successful.
                    i see more similarities of Glenville women's team to the wlu style.

Comment

This WL game is out of control but I’m sure Columbuseer will bring up some hack stat to say they stink.

Comment

Thanks for coming out Falcons!

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                          Imho Grinnell plays no defense and is not hugely successful.
                          i see more similarities of Glenville women's team to the wlu style.
                          I drew the comparison between Glenville's women and the Grinnell men in that they substitute on most, if not every, stoppage (unless that changed in recent years). I mean, it worked for the Lady Pioneers last season en route to a national title, and they deserve a lot of credit for that. With that said, my point was that there's no guarantee that such a system would work in the D1 level.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I drew the comparison between Glenville's women and the Grinnell men in that they substitute on most, if not every, stoppage (unless that changed in recent years). I mean, it worked for the Lady Pioneers last season en route to a national title, and they deserve a lot of credit for that. With that said, my point was that there's no guarantee that such a system would work in the D1 level.
                            I did not realize they substituted so much more frequently than WLU. They are mimicking hockey line changes, which occur about 38 to 49 seconds. Given hockey is much more constant, intense movement, I wonder about the underlying rationale for such a short duration.

WLU is about every 3 mins, with the option to go with subsequent partial team sub outs.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I can't help but wonder if her up-tempo and multiple (and very frequent) substitution scheme might not fit at the D1 level. It's a big difference between executing that "Grinnell" style offense at the D2 or D3 levels compared to, say, WVU or Marshall or even a low-to-mid-major D1 program, one would think.
                              Wonder if she'll pursue the open Pitt job?

Pitt (for unknown reasons) thinks they are elite in everything so they may not entertain a D2 coach. But, it could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I did not realize they substituted so much more frequently than WLU. They are mimicking hockey line changes, which occur about 38 to 49 seconds. Given hockey is much more constant, intense movement, I wonder about the underlying rationale for such a short duration.

WLU is about every 3 mins, with the option to go with subsequent partial team sub outs.
                                I seem to recall Kentucky's men doing full sub outs at each media timeout for one season. West Chester's women did that for a season or two about a decade ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X