Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw for West Liberty fans there will be a free shuttle going to and from the game it leaves at 4 at the White Palace at Wheeling Park. Register at [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
      Btw for West Liberty fans there will be a free shuttle going to and from the game it leaves at 4 at the White Palace at Wheeling Park. Register at [email protected]
      Place is sold out already. The bus will be turned away!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Place is sold out already. The bus will be turned away!
        Fake news as always

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
          late to this so apologies for it being out of order, but I went to the IUP game and then stayed for Virginia Union-Fairmont afterward. Some observations:

- Josh Hill took over for Ryan this year in the SID office and has done a really nice job covering the different sports. The student staff is really, really talented. All those photos and videos by Cam Horning are so nice. It's easy to overlook media stuff like this until you look at schools that don't have them.
          Totally agree with this one. WLU's website has been featuring (with credit given) Cam's photos. He does a really nice job.

(Cam is a great name for a photographer, by the way).

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post

Fake news as always
            Enjoy the game Fair Weather Fan!

Comment

• Hard to believe it’s been 8 years since IUP and West Liberty have shared a court. The excitement is palpable.

ICYMI, Point Loma became the fifth number one seed to go down last night. I don’t know what kind of threat Alabama Huntsvillle poses to Nova but I expect the other two number ones to be fiercely tested. There’s a good chance the Elite 8 has just one number one seed in it (or less).

Comment

• Huntsville lost to Nova first game of the year 101-81

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                  Hard to believe it’s been 8 years since IUP and West Liberty have shared a court. The excitement is palpable.

ICYMI, Point Loma became the fifth number one seed to go down last night. I don’t know what kind of threat Alabama Huntsvillle poses to Nova but I expect the other two number ones to be fiercely tested. There’s a good chance the Elite 8 has just one number one seed in it (or less).
                  Top 2 teams in the region battling it out--that's what you want out of the regional tournament. Regardless of who wins, there will be a worthy entrant into the Elite 8 from the Atlantic. There will be no shame to the loser, whomever that may be.

Comment

Huntsville lost to Nova first game of the year 101-81
                    Yeah, doesn’t sound like it was ever all that competitive. I guess if you’re looking for hope on the Huntsville side, that game was a long time ago and they at least have seen Nova in person and know what they’re walking into. Maybe they withstand the early ambush and make a game of it. But I’d expect Nova to advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Top 2 teams in the region battling it out--that's what you want out of the regional tournament. Regardless of who wins, there will be a worthy entrant into the Elite 8 from the Atlantic. There will be no shame to the loser, whomever that may be.
                      It should be a fantastic atmosphere. I’ve honestly been a bit uneasy about the prospect of this potential matchup for awhile, but as we get closer I’m talking myself into believing IUP can pull it off. IUP has the size and quickness to be disruptive to what WL wants to do on offense. They’ve got some depth, it’ll be interesting to see how much they use it. And Joe has always been really good at not letting the West Lib tempo be a big factor, even in the games IUP lost. To me it all comes down to whether IUP can find enough of their shooting touch. Ethan is a huge factor. He’s spent so much of the 1st two rounds battling bigs that his offense has really taken a backseat. He barely even shot the ball against WSSU. Tonight he has a big size advantage and a lot of the offense should run through him.

We know what WL brings and that they’re not going to stop coming until the final buzzer. It should be an awesome game.

Comment

Yeah, doesn’t sound like it was ever all that competitive. I guess if you’re looking for hope on the Huntsville side, that game was a long time ago and they at least have seen Nova in person and know what they’re walking into. Maybe they withstand the early ambush and make a game of it. But I’d expect Nova to advance.
                        That game was a long time ago. I've heard Nova is missing a couple players, Huntsville has experienced playing them once and Huntsville is a much mor complete team now. It should be a much closer game this time around.

Comment

To me it all comes down to whether IUP can find enough of their shooting touch.
                          I agree that's the X-factor. I have a bad feeling in my gut that Dave Morris is going to light it up from deep tonight. I can't believe that shooters as good as you have can remain in a sustained slump for as long as they have.

Comment

I've heard Nova is missing a couple players,
                            Box scores seem to suggest that all the starters are there (no disruption to their big-3: Sunahara, Yoakum, & Graziani). But perhaps their depth has taken a hit as March rolls in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Box scores seem to suggest that all the starters are there (no disruption to their big-3: Sunahara, Yoakum, & Graziani). But perhaps their depth has taken a hit as March rolls in.
                              Could be, it was just an article I read. I don't know Nova well enough to know who is missing and what significance it has. Obviously not much.

Comment

Could be, it was just an article I read. I don't know Nova well enough to know who is missing and what significance it has. Obviously not much.
                                Nova is down two rotation players (but not stars). Still, that is a major hit. No idea on their return time table.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X