Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Nova is down two rotation players (but not stars). Still, that is a major hit. No idea on their return time table.
    Kobe Rodgers 13 ppg played 20 min so he is back, Moore 9ppg a 44% 3 pt shooter is still out. That leaves them with four 40 % 3 pt shooters plus one that shoots 50% - some guy named yoakum who is conference player of year. Lol
    they have 6-9 pg Pierre as well as 5-7 Graziani who is a dynamo.
    Sunahara made top 50 for bevo francis.
    They are looking very strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
      Kobe Rodgers 13 ppg played 20 min so he is back, Moore 9ppg a 44% 3 pt shooter is still out. That leaves them with four 40 % 3 pt shooters plus one that shoots 50% - some guy named yoakum who is conference player of year. Lol
      they have 6-9 pg Pierre as well as 5-7 Graziani who is a dynamo.
      Sunahara made top 50 for bevo francis.
      They are looking very strong.
      No doubt. Whomever wins the WL/IUP game tonight should just surrender.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No doubt. Whomever wins the WL/IUP game tonight should just surrender.
        The fact that one team is strong does not imply another team is weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
          The fact that one team is strong does not imply another team is weak.
          Pull some random stats out on that.

Comment

• Some 'Coach Speak' from the Pittsburgh Union Progress:

“I think the first thing that comes to mind is how well-schooled their half-court defense is,” Ben Howlett said. “They don’t make many mistakes on that side of the floor. They’re very fundamental. It’s going to be a challenge for us to get high-percentage shots. They’re all on the same page offensively,” he added. “I think they’re elite defensively.”

“They’re probably, I imagine, the best offensive team we’ve played this year and that certainly will present a challenge for us along those lines,” IUP coach Joe Lombardi said of West Liberty. “It won’t be totally foreign for our defense, but we really have to make sure we can guard the 3-point line,” Lombardi said.

“I think he’s the best player in Division II,” Howlett said (of Bryce Butler). “There’s really nothing he can’t do. He impacts the game on so many different levels. The best thing about him is he wants to win and I know he really wants to beat IUP on Tuesday. He’s a Pennsylvania kid,” Howlett added of Butler. “He grew up in Latrobe. I believe his mother went to IUP. I think he knows a lot of those guys on that team.”

“Our program has been lucky enough to have been there multiple times,” Howlett said of his program which is 6-3 all time in regional finals. “It would mean a lot to these players that have been here for a while.”

“Every team that I coach it’s always extremely special to have that whole experience, to travel out to the Elite Eight and have that team spend more time together,” Lombardi said. “It becomes day in and day out you’re around people that you love and you care about and you really share a bond. You’re part of something bigger than itself. I told them (Sunday), ‘Eventually this thing comes to an end, whether it’s today or whatever or it’s 10 days from now, it’s over,’” he added. “Winning is fun and winning championships is fun, but the real joy is the journey and the day-to-day stuff you get to share together.”

“We don’t expect to blow anyone out,” Lombardi said. “We’re not the ’78 Celtics. We’re just a good basketball team that has found a way to win 32 games so far. We’re not measuring the score, but we were happy to get away from Winston-Salem with a close win. Tonight (Sunday) we shot the ball a little bit better and was able to get some separation,” he added. “We’ve been a little bit streaky shooting the basketball.”

“I was proud of the team’s grittiness, their competitiveness, their toughness to find a way to win even when you don’t shoot the ball,” Lombardi said. “Tonight, we played a little bit better and got some separation.”

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Enjoy the game Fair Weather Fan!
              What’s this fair weather stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post

What’s this fair weather stuff?
                Figure it out, Fair Weather Fan!

Comment

Figure it out, Fair Weather Fan!
                  Must have me confused with someone else

Comment

• For you metrics geeks out there:

Massey is predicting WL to win, 81-80

NatStats has IUP with a 68.5 percent win probability

The 'house bookie' on here called it Pick 'EM (i.e. even)

Comment

• I’ll take the Toppers -20

Comment

I’ll take the Toppers -20
                        If you're going to be at the game I'll take real heat on that for $500 (payable at conclusion). What say you?

Comment

Must have me confused with someone else
                          Nope, not at all.

Comment

I’ll take the Toppers -20
                            I'll take that bet for $1000...

Comment

Nope, not at all.
                              There would have to be bad weather for me to be a fair weather fan which there hasn’t been on the hilltop since I was in elementary school

Comment

There would have to be bad weather for me to be a fair weather fan which there hasn’t been on the hilltop since I was in elementary school
                                Still haven't ponied up on the bets with me and IUPbigIndians...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X