Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

You beat me to this. Both Shippensburg and Mercyhurst have played West Liberty more than IUP since they last played. Not a single player on either team had ever played against each other.
    That's incorrect. Cannady played against IUP (3) times last year (while he was at Mercyhurst). McKinney also played IUP twice while he was at Seton Hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I don't like the general vibe that WLU fans seem to imply that WLU's side of the bracket is somehow a cakewalk. Let's get through a match-up with a defensively minded team with an athletic 7-footer in the middle before we think about what's next.

But if you want to think about what might await, I'm not sure why everyone is overlooking a Black Hills team that took out Crutchfield last year and has the D2CCA player of the year Joel Scott (who, by the way, beat out Bryce Butler for player of the year in that particular poll).

There's no such thing as a waltz to the final, and I do not share the rampant overconfidence that seems to be running through the WLU fanbase right now. Buckle down and take care of business--one game at a time.
      Totally agree! Very reminiscent of the mindset in the 2012 Elite Eight quarterfinals when a No. 3-ranked West Liberty team (32-2) played a 24-8 East Region champion that was the only unranked team in a loaded Elite Eight field but ranked No. 4 nationally in scoring defense (58.7 ppg.) and No. 11 in field-goal percentage defense (39.6). Hilltoppers had a double-digit lead with 10 minutes left but struggled to score the rest of the way while the unranked team's veteran 3-point shooters got hot from the perimeter.

Final Score: Stonehill (Mass.) 91, West Liberty 90

The games aren't played on paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by timbertopper View Post

Totally agree! Very reminiscent of the mindset in the 2012 Elite Eight quarterfinals when a No. 3-ranked West Liberty team (32-2) played a 24-8 East Region champion that was the only unranked team in a loaded Elite Eight field but ranked No. 4 nationally in scoring defense (58.7 ppg.) and No. 11 in field-goal percentage defense (39.6). Hilltoppers had a double-digit lead with 10 minutes left but struggled to score the rest of the way while the unranked team's veteran 3-point shooters got hot from the perimeter.

Final Score: Stonehill (Mass.) 91, West Liberty 90

The games aren't played on paper.

New Haven, even if healthy, had next to no chance today. Now, with Victor Olawoye (arguably their best guard defender) out, they have zero chance.

I'd comfortably take WL -18.5 today.

Comment

• I have been crunching the numbers all week.

Toppers by 30

Comment

• Originally posted by TopperNation View Post

Thank you Boat for getting my point, lol. I was simply saying IUP has played West Liberty enough to have an idea of the speed and the pressure that they would receive, where as New Haven can watch all the film they want for a week, but until they get on the floor and witness it themselves they will be behind the 8 ball.
            Will be behind the 8 ball eh lol. Goodluck to everyone involved and have a good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

New Haven, even if healthy, had next to no chance today. Now, with Victor Olawoye (arguably their best guard defender) out, they have zero chance.

I'd comfortably take WL -18.5 today.
              Yeah, New Haven has zero chance, nada, zip but we are playing.

Comment

• If West Liberty takes care of business, Joel Scott vs Bryce Butler is going to be must see tv

Comment

• Black Hills really took care of their business. Now it's WLU's turn--gotta take care of business. But I expect New Haven to put up a better fight than Duluth.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

Yeah, New Haven has zero chance, nada, zip but we are playing.
                    That's right man, not even next to no chance, but they have zero chance wow. I don't even know why New Haven even playing at all, just give'em the trophy and be done with. But I have to agree with you that at-least they ARE still playing, even for nothing.

Comment

• Oof. I thought it might be a little closer for a little longer.

Comment

• Thanks for the tune up New Haven safe travels home

Comment

• This stretch is the most locked in I’ve seen us during the Howlett era

Comment

• I guess now the New Haven folks know why we didn’t like their chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                              I have been crunching the numbers all week.

Toppers by 30
                              I’m as hot as the Toppers

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                                I guess now the New Haven folks know why we didn’t like their chances.
                                No disrespect, but we lost to a great team and it didn't turned out the way we'd like. WL is a better team obviously and your own team found that out too. We are glad that we made it to Evansville so there's nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck the rest of the way to WL, you guys deserve the victory.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X